Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2009, 20:15   #1
BHPian

new version of honda city

Honda is planning a upgraded version of the city with better quality interiors and goodies in a few months time.
expected date is around oct / nov. the source - a manager at honda dealership i was interacting. this info was given to me after i brought my city SMT. but there is likelyhood of a price increase with the newer version. honda has feedback that the newer interiors are not liked by the new buyers who prefer the older ZX GXi interiors (even i think so)
all those planning a city and can wait, i think the newer version will be a good option.

Last edited by drkunaldas : 23rd July 2009 at 20:22. Reason: spelling
Old 23rd July 2009, 20:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Good for Honda,
i hope they incorporate all the user feedback about ANHC

but i personally prefer the current interiors of ANHC which is easier to maintain.
Old 23rd July 2009, 20:26   #3
BHPian

City is already overpriced and should have been launched with better interiors in the first place. This is another ploy by Honda to jack up the price.
Old 23rd July 2009, 20:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

Yes yes akj. I suppose a Punto with better plastics would be FIAT's gift to mankind.

I was told the same thing about the Civic coming in Si trim a few months ago by a Honda employee. Don't put much hope in such things. They will do the same thing that they did with the NHC - bring out the ZX model with all the stuff that was missing when they feel the current car has stopped pulling sales.
Old 23rd July 2009, 22:04   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Yes yes akj. I suppose a Punto with better plastics would be FIAT's gift to mankind.

I was told the same thing about the Civic coming in Si trim a few months ago by a Honda employee. Don't put much hope in such things. They will do the same thing that they did with the NHC - bring out the ZX model with all the stuff that was missing when they feel the current car has stopped pulling sales.
Civic Si in India!! Wow. That would be great. Any chance of it actually happening? Would be woefully overpriced though.
Old 23rd July 2009, 22:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkunaldas View Post
Honda is planning a upgraded version of the city with better quality interiors and goodies in a few months time.
but there is likelyhood of a price increase with the newer version.
City deserves better interiors for the price. Price increase again???????
Old 23rd July 2009, 22:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox22 View Post
Civic Si in India!! Wow. That would be great. Any chance of it actually happening? Would be woefully overpriced though.
It was/is supposed to come with the K20Z2 producing around 155BHP. The USDM Si's K20Z3 with 197BHP requires 95RON petrol at a minimum, so it doesn't make sense here.

The same person had told me that a 1.5V ANHC will eventually show up.

This was nearly 6 months ago, by the way.
Old 23rd July 2009, 22:21   #8
BHPian

I liked the plastic quality in my current Honda city (NHC) to that of ANHC! I hope they come up with one size up on wheel/tyre to lift up the GC!
Old 23rd July 2009, 22:50   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Just the central console needs the change to look even with the car,apart from the console i dont think ANHC requires any changes.
Old 23rd July 2009, 23:00   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
City is already overpriced and should have been launched with better interiors in the first place. This is another ploy by Honda to jack up the price.
Very true indeed ! But whatever be the price, there are takers for it and Honda knows a good deal about the Indian car buyers and the value that they attach to the 'H' logo.
Old 23rd July 2009, 23:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

The major concern is price. Already is well above of what it should be. With new version will come a price increase, an increase nobody can justify. If a person in trying to get a deal with VFM package, already G3HC is a weak proposition. The price increase will further reduce the overall value of this car.

Moreover, they now getting dangerously close to Altis base model. Rather than Altis feeling the heat, it would be the other way round. If Honda is trying to beat down altis with upgraded G3HC, then success is difficult.

Also instantly Cedia becomes much better proposition.
If G3HC comes up with a higher pricetag,then it will just go on to prove how much good value base Altis model and Cedia are.
Old 23rd July 2009, 23:21   #12
BHPian

Indeed, I too heard of the upcoming new version from a sales exec at a Honda dealership in Chennai, as I test drove the ANHC yesterday.

According to him, the only additions will be illuminated ORVMs, leather seats, and crucially, no alloys.

Can somebody pls corroborate/cross-check?
Old 23rd July 2009, 23:38   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
It was/is supposed to come with the K20Z2 producing around 155BHP. The USDM Si's K20Z3 with 197BHP requires 95RON petrol at a minimum, so it doesn't make sense here.
I think the K20Z2 is what powers the Acura CSX too. Pretty good engine too. If they keep the Limited Slip Differential and the 6 speed tranny, it should make a zesty car!
Old 24th July 2009, 00:06   #14
BHPian

Makes an already overpriced car into obscenely over-priced territory!
Maybe they are making the gap between Jazz & ANHC wider, so that there's no overlap

I wonder with this price-increase, are they going to add ACC & alloys atleast now?
Old 24th July 2009, 00:53   #15
BHPian

Well, so honda is on right track with their stretegy.

so, after pricing Jazz @ 8-9 lacs, they will reposition their ANHC at 11-12 lacs.

After that, they will launch new Civic @ 15 lacs.

By far, Indian people are not affected with theri over pricing ploy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks