Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2009, 12:25   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I was telling the opposite. I am saying that people who work in marketing department of car company have no passion towards cars. Is my English so bad that people are inferring the exact opposite meaning?
See you got me wrong there again. It had no reference to auto marketers. It was simply with reference to every other soul around including the janitor and watchmen who work in auto companies.

That was stated in a completely different context. Anyways, no offence meant here but this discussion is just goin OT since neither am I going to accept that an auto marketer is dis-passionate nor are you gonna accept otherwise. Infact it would just spiral into a lot of other professions being discredited with being dispassionate affairs since your statement can be incorporated into a lot of other situations as well dealing with different disciplines and professions. Hence Lets go back to what the topic was initially intended to be.

Cheers
Old 4th August 2009, 12:32   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I hope that was not what you meant san. Because marketing professionals also have equal rights to be passionate about their cars/bikes. What makes them less passionate ?
E_L, I am talking about marketing professionals who are in-charge of deciding what kind of cars will be sold in India. Do they have passion towards cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
See you got me wrong there again. It had no reference to auto marketers.
My comments were only about automobile marketing guys, this is a thread under Indian car scene, and this is an automobile forum. So I assumed the context.

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th August 2009 at 16:20.
Old 4th August 2009, 15:17   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
We own cars
we drive cars
we love cars
we live cars
we eat cars
we spleep cars
we break cars
we fix cars
we sell cars
we buy scrap and make cars
Well, if you are that passionate, may be you can enjoy a Bengali film named "Ajantrik" (clue: jantrik in sankrit is mechanical, without life; so ajantrik is jus topposite to that) by Ritwik Ghatak. It revolves around a rag-tag Ford Model T (most likely, not sure though) and it's young driver.

Cheers
Old 4th August 2009, 20:17   #34
BHPian

Team BHP is by far the best

I think as far as Indian car scene is concerned, Team BHP is the most comprehensive auto portal. There are others but not quite like Team BHP. Every field has leaders and Team BHP is the leader here. All the best guys.
Old 4th August 2009, 22:08   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
Well, if you are that passionate, may be you can enjoy a Bengali film named "Ajantrik" (clue: jantrik in sankrit is mechanical, without life; so ajantrik is jus topposite to that) by Ritwik Ghatak. It revolves around a rag-tag Ford Model T (most likely, not sure though) and it's young driver.

Cheers
Thanks Pratim for reminding the classic Ghatak film A-Yantrik.
How can old timers like me forget Satyajit Ray's AbhiYan as well. I think the car in that was (sic) KE-RAISLER (chrysler) .
Cheers
Old 5th August 2009, 21:00   #36
Senior - BHPian

Loyalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
If the marketing guys in Indian car companies really understood passion as a car lover, they would have at least made one vehicle per company that would cater to the enthusiast without regards to the bottomline. They would have understood that car lovers can generate 10-100 times more goodwill about their brand than average car buying junta.
I would like to read marketer's comments about this particular point of Samurai's.

Does a vehicle which is a special performer of some kind but is not a big seller, nevertheless bring loyal or pasionate customers to the showroom to buy the brand in India?

This is most certainly the accepted theory in the West where racing is company sponsored, for example. Automobiles like Corvette, Viper etc do not sell huge numbers but they are rolling advertisements and people generalize to and identify with the rest of the company line.

Last edited by DirtyDan : 5th August 2009 at 21:01.
Old 6th August 2009, 11:03   #37
Senior - BHPian

Though way off topic - I think a society gets the products that it really deserves and wants. No point blaming the marketing guys. It is the customer who decides what will sell. And not the other way round. We want the cheapest motorcycle that will run efficinetly for miles on end with very little fuel, will require minimal servicing and will start every time we kick it (or push the button these days). We get a Hero Honda. And it sells millions and millions of them.
And in a poor country like India that is what is to be expected.
Even if ten percent of that number wanted Harleys India would have Harleys. No point blaming the marketing chap.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks