Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2009, 17:15   #16
BHPian

Wonder what pricing Honda comes up with for their 'premium' brand Acura if it 'ever' comes to India, it will be on par with BMW or Audi Pricing maybe. My sister bought the current CRV 2 years ago as she had a gas guzzling Jeep Grand Cherokee. This was the time when gas was $4-5 per gallon there which was really steep for them as they do 23-25,000 miles a year. The price she bought the fully loaded variant: $ 26,500/-. I just cannot fathom how these guys fleece the Indian consumer and we enjoy it! Already the City AT costs 10.6L here in Mumbai, so what will the revised pricing be? 11.25L? Ridiculous!

Last edited by anilkalvani : 13th August 2009 at 17:17.
Old 13th August 2009, 17:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Catch 22 Situation; Devil or the Deep Sea

The consumer is at the receiving end.

If one buys any product right after its launch, they might end being the guinea pigs on whom the product is tested. If someone a car, year or two after its launch, they run the risk of losing out on resale value due to teh advent of the newer/facelifted model.
Old 13th August 2009, 18:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you try some other dealers also.
Try Ring Road honda/ Courtesy honda if not contacted them before.
Old 13th August 2009, 18:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
I called up a Honda dealer in Delhi, for purchasing a ANHC AT and to my surprise, the salesman I talked to, said the AT model is discontinued and that a new AT model with a complete different dashboard, music player and other changes would be available in 3 months time. So, instead the salesman was pitching for the MT model. Any substance in this story?
dosent sound true, but you never know. may be they dont have the autobox in ready stock.
Old 13th August 2009, 19:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

The new city with better plastic and interiors are on the cards for sure. My friend backed out her purchase because the sales guy told her to wait until November.

The price they charge for their cars. No comments.
Old 13th August 2009, 22:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
The price she bought the fully loaded variant: $ 26,500/-. I just cannot fathom how these guys fleece the Indian consumer and we enjoy it! Already the City AT costs 10.6L here in Mumbai, so what will the revised pricing be? 11.25L? Ridiculous!
So she got the CR-V for about 10k$ less than the current cheapest BMW 3 series sedan in the US, the 328i. We get the 320i, which costs... Can you buy a BMW 320i with CR-V money + 5L?

The Beemer is a CKD burdened with less than half the normal import duty, while the CR-V is a CBU direct from Japan and how much money do we pay for the Beemer? Makes you think, doesn't it?

As for Acura, they ARE pitted against the Germans in the markets they operate. And trust me, Acura and Lexus make great alternatives to Euroboxes.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 13th August 2009 at 22:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks