Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2009, 16:13   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

What timing! Just around when a Peugeot 207 was spotted being tested on the Expressway : Thread Linky

Peugeot better have a USP if it is indeed considering an Indian entry. I trust they realise that the market conditions have changed since their last holiday here (Peugeot 309 in '95). The C segment is flooded (negative growth, dominated by Maruti, Tata & Honda) while the hatch segment is incredibly price sensitive. Can a Euro car maker match a Maruti, Hyundai or Tata in cost? Nope.

P.S. They better get some bodyguards along too. Lots still angry over non-refund of their Peugeot 309 deposits

Quote:
BTW this is the newspaper of CM YSR. So info could be correct
When are the elections again?
Old 25th August 2009, 16:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

A bit off topic.. but if at all Peugeot plans to come back to India.. this I guess will be their first commercial advertisement

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 25th August 2009 at 16:31.
Old 25th August 2009, 16:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

A bit OT here: Sakshi TV run by YSR's son was launched on the eve of elections in April and had got all requisite permissions within a matter of 1 week. They also get the privilege of being given all Govt Info first before the general media gets it.
Old 1st September 2009, 00:05   #19
BHPian

Hyderabad in A.P has some of the most capable engineering plants machinery and units,many of the defense components are manufactured here by some of the most skilled people.In fact it is where the HMT special purpose machines plant is with its host of the best design engineers in the country.What we need is a big Plant and my conviction is that A.P can match the skill and competence of any where else.Some of you may also be aware that there are items for which manufacturers from Bangalore also look for in Hyderabad. Simple things from the fan industry to machining of complex alloy casting are also a specialty. So friends let us hope that in future large manufacturing plants churn out many wheels from this land where the North meets the South and make the entire Nation Proud.
Cheers
Old 30th October 2009, 14:23   #20
BHPian

AP govt invites Peugeot to set up firm- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Quote:
The Andhra Pradesh government on Thursday went all out to woo French car maker Peugeot, with chief minister K Rosaiah formally asking the French government to convince the automobile firm to set up its manufacturing firm in the city.
"The AP government has offered to allocate around 800 acres of land near the Shamshabad airport to Peugeot along with a 'suitable' package of fiscal incentives and infrastructure benefits," Sam Bob, the industries secretary told ET.
An indication that Peugeot was inclined to setting up a facility in Andhra Pradesh came from a French delegation led by the trade minister, Ms Anne-Marie Idrac during their meeting with the chief minister. The technical teams of the company have already selected Hyderabad after assessing other locations. Peugeot began evaluating locations for its car project in India a few months ago.
The company is understood to be looking at an investment of Rs 1,500 crore for the project. Tamil Nadu was also on the company’s radar, amid expectations that Peugeot will roll-out low cost cars in emerging markets like India by 2010. It is also not clear whether the French auto major will bring in the Peugeot or the Citroen brand first.
The global slowdown in the automotive sector has delayed the expansion plans of several car makers including Peugeot. The trade minister is understood to have communicated to the AP chief minister that the car maker is yet to take a decision on the timing of the investment though Hyderabad figured as their top choice.
"Decisions on product portfolio is expected to be taken after the finalization of the location. But, the company intends to launch both Peugeot and Citroen products in a limited time span," said a person familiar with the development told ET earlier.
"We have firmed up the incentives to be given to Peugeot if they set up their facility here. However, the company is yet to furnish a detailed project report," B Sam Bob, principal secretary industries told ET.
Old 3rd November 2009, 09:43   #21
BHPian

Still have my Dream, but some where at the bottom of my heart I am reminded of the saying that " There may still be many a slip between the Cup n the Lip". Any how wish to keep my fingers Crossed and wait.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks