Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is this scheme lucrative?
Yes 23 34.85%
No 43 65.15%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2014, 00:13   #91
Tik

Re: New Deal - Put Ads on your car, get paid every month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
IMO this thing looks downright hideous on your car. And is it limited to only doors? I think not. Check out this Innova I spotted yesterday. It was covered with vinyl wrap containing the advertisement of Red FM. Also covering does not mean cover the brake lights also'but the company thinks otherwise I would say it totally spoils your car and the whole contraption looks like a bad case of plastic paper stuck on your car with Fevicol. I wouldn't dare to be caught dead or alive in such a vehicle.
]
Not that it's a big deal, but I think some people would like their privacy respected by perhaps blacking out the number plate.
Tik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 11:13   #92
BHPian

A similar initiative by “EMIfreecar.com”

Here the catch is
  1. Car should be less than a year old – Newer car translates to less time spent in the service station and more time spent on the road
  2. The car owner has to pay Rs 10,000 as security deposit
  3. The car owner has to pay for printing and pasting of vinyl @ 55/sq ft
  4. The car owner has to spend Rs 10,000 on installing a GPS
  5. The car owner has to clock at least 1,500 km/month (tracked by GPS), if not, the car owner does not get paid for the month.
  6. If a car is taken off the road for a genuine reason, like an accident and it needs to hit the workshop, the payment for those days would be deducted.
For all this, the car owner gets paid Rs 10,000 to Rs 40,000 per month based on the car model.

According to EMIfreecar.com, the company will pay owner’s monthly car instalment for three years (on loan duration of five years), provided owner agrees to allow the advertising firm display their billboards on the car. Once the three-year EMI period is over, the billboard will be taken off and the remaining two years’ EMI has to be paid by car owner.

However the owner has to pay 25% of the car’s cost.

Car owners who bought cars without loans are also eligible for this programme; in this case the owners will earn Rs 10,000 to Rs 40,000 per month.

The downside is the owner cannot control the advertisement, it can be of vests & briefs to beauty product and I am not entirely sure of what is being tracked by the GPS. If it is only the km count then no issue but if every movement of the owner is tracked then that can be a security issue.

P.S. I have no issue with the advertisement if it is related to motor racing, else I am not interested. I have a couple of stickers on my bike advertising Castrol, Alpine stars.

Last edited by katchkamalesh : 24th February 2014 at 11:19. Reason: add more content
katchkamalesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2014, 18:52   #93
BANNED

Advertisement on Wheels

Recently came across a new concept of publicity on wheels. There're 2 companies that deal with advertisement on wheels

1. Advelocity (www.advelocityindia.com)
2. Brandingwheels (www.brandingwheels.com)

This is how it works. You pay 25% of the of the new cars cost and company pay's EMIs for the remaining 75%. In return the company will put vinyl stickers carrying advertisements on all 4 doors. After a period of 3 years your contract ends and you get a vinyl free car at 25 % of the original cost of the car. There are some terms and conditions that you need to travel a minimum of 1500 kms a month and company tracks it using a GPS device that they'll install before handing it over to you. The month where you fail to adhere to the conditions you end up paying the EMI for that month.

Since I was anyways planning to buy a new car, this offer is kind of tempting. What do you guys think ? do you see any pitfalls in going in for this offer ?
akhilesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2014, 20:03   #94
Senior - BHPian

Re: Advertisement on Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
After a period of 3 years your contract ends and you get a vinyl free car at 25 % of the original cost of the car.
They would only pay the EMI for first 3 years, though the loan is for 5 years. It is actually 25% of the original cost + EMIs for last 2 years that goes out of your pocket.

http://www.brandingwheels.com/faq.html
Quote:
Q17- WHAT IS THE TOTAL AMOUNT THAT I ACTUALLY HAVE TO PAY?
Ans- 25% of the cost of the car and then nothing for 3 years. Then two year EMI if you want to keep the car.
Based on my understanding, there are 3 components in the vehicle cost according to their scheme:

Initial down payment: 25% of cost : you need to pay
36 months EMI: 45% of cost + interest : they would pay
24 months EMI: 30% of cost + interest : you need to pay

In a nutshell, they would be paying just ~50% of the cost and not the 25% that it seems at first glance.

The decision to opt for this scheme is purely based on whether you are willing to endorse some brand for compensating 50% of your vehicle cost.
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2014, 20:44   #95
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
They would only pay the EMI for first 3 years, though the loan is for 5 years. It is actually 25% of the original cost + EMIs for last 2 years that goes out of your pocket.

http://www.brandingwheels.com/faq.html

Based on my understanding, there are 3 components in the vehicle cost according to their scheme:

Initial down payment: 25% of cost : you need to pay
36 months EMI: 45% of cost + interest : they would pay
24 months EMI: 30% of cost + interest : you need to pay

In a nutshell, they would be paying just ~50% of the cost and not the 25% that it seems at first glance.

The decision to opt for this scheme is purely based on whether you are willing to endorse some brand for compensating 50% of your vehicle cost.
Agree about the EMI for last 2 years but this is a little grey. What if the loan is for 3 years. Whether they mandate having a 5 year loan is not clear. They also mention you pay 2 years EMI "if you wish to keep the car". While branding wheels has this clause but I don't see it on advelocity. Will have to call them up to clear out.

Another interesting fact that you can actually control the kind of ads you want on your car. You can say no to ads which are objectionable according to you.

Even with 50% its still a good deal ain't it ?
akhilesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2014, 21:41   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Wasn't there a thread for this already?

Anyways, there are millions of Taxis, Autos, Public Transport Buses in this country who'll be happily renting out ad spaces on their vehicles. Are these folks telling us that they have exhausted these options and coming to private cars users? Pointless venture.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2014, 23:11   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Are these folks telling us that they have exhausted these options and coming to private cars users? Pointless venture.
Their primary clientele is taxi operators and buses but it looks like they are just keeping an open mind towards private car users too in an effort to see if they can get some free brand ambassadors.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 21:00   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Right but isn't it just too complicated for everyone with this model? Pay as you go kind is simpler I feel.
Old 8th September 2014, 16:04   #99
BHPian

There is a RTO component that is not being discussed here .The reason taxis are unable to put this is due to complications from RTO jurisdictions.Special permits are required from an RTO to display ad's.I am not sure if it applies to within state as well.However in case of inter state for sure the RTO's tend to catch these vehicles and peanilse them.This is the reason for a lot of taxis not to sport the branding, that they used to in the past.
masin4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 23:41   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems like at least some of the owners got duped.

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/goa/C...w/53776010.cms
Old 20th August 2016, 00:04   #101
BHPian

I'm seeing more private cars advertising this scheme in Hyderabad. Their vinyls on the cars looked awful. That's a huge bummer for someone interested.

I wouldn't mind putting ads on my car if the ad goes with the car's look. Something like Martini livery and subtle product placement.

Last edited by Monolithic : 20th August 2016 at 00:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks