Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is this scheme lucrative?
Yes 23 34.85%
No 43 65.15%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2009, 15:07   #1
BHPian

New Deal - Put Ads on your car, get paid every month!

Mods please check if i have posted it in proper area. i couldn't a better place.

Have anybody from Mumbai heard about Chevrolet Spark deal.
This deal is between Advertising Company and Chevrolet and the owner of the car.
Deal is like you have to purchase Chevrolet Spark however you want either on loan or full payment and your car would be hired for advertising the company ads. Hired in the sense only your all 4 doors and the luggage boot door will be used for ads. The car will be used for your personal purpose only. It will only be rented for ads for 5yrs (59/60months). Every month you will be getting Rs. 6000/- from the ad company from which you can pay your EMI and if full payment is done that money will be at your disposal.
Incase if you make a down payment of Rs. 1,20,000 for lower model and rest on loan your EMI turns out to be Rs. 6000/- for 60months. So in that case you are paying only Rs. 1.2lacs and getting a brand new car.
There is also some Agency fees of Rs. 21500/-. i don't no if it is included in the below calculation.
I have no problems in somebody putting an ad on my car till it is the driving by me.
how is this deal? anyhow i am also going to show this to my know advocate for any terms and conditions which can put us in trouble in future. Hoping for the best. If found proper i am thinking of taking this deal.
Old 28th August 2009, 15:46   #2
BHPian

Be Careful!! Very Very Careful of this deal!!!!!
IT looks like a scam to me. When the Ad agency wants to put an ad on your car, why should it be asking for "Agency fees of Rs. 21500". IMO, they are puting a sticker on your car & should be charging the company whose product they are going to display in the ads. They might collect your money & vanish into thin air.
malgudi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2009, 15:58   #3
BHPian

Maybe but then even the car companyis involved in this. The car will be registered in your name. Your will be paying the money directly to the company. After that you will be signing this agreement. i don't see loopholes as of now.
Old 28th August 2009, 16:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

I think you are talking about this

Car Advertising - Innovative Vinyl Advertisement on Car in India
Old 28th August 2009, 16:29   #5
BHPian

would not it make a private vehicle appear like public one ??

moreover what happens if those get damaged in an accident ? Is there someone to monitor ??

what if I make deal in delhi and drive all the way to trivandrum and remove stickers ?
Old 28th August 2009, 16:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

there is a similar deal for renting a car in Dubai.

the rental company charges 5 Dhs a day and you can have a decent size car, the condition is that the car will have advertising on it!

so you roam all over the city and advertise.

the rental company makes its money from the advertisement.
Old 28th August 2009, 16:45   #7
BHPian

Seems to be a good deal and idea, but i am against anything that asks money from me.

A suggestion would be to go through the legal documents that you might be signing up and look for all loopholes and legal issues. If it is possible, you could go to an extent of validating the agreement with a lawyer.
Old 28th August 2009, 16:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

This is news, pretty cool.

Rakowli, be prepared for numerous queries while you are at the road from potential consumers who are lured by the advert.

And pray to all Gods that they do not put any obscene advert. Like a monkey with an under pant or something like that.
Old 28th August 2009, 16:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

ehhh... sounds familiar, doesnt Hillram who owns a yellow cedia got same kinda mitsubishi stikers on his car for Mitsubishi advertisement.
Old 28th August 2009, 17:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

I think if the terms can be agreed to and fair for the car owners, the additional income would be welcome, but then you need to clock the minimum monthly kilometers also plus increased maintenance, so that to some extent might offset the gain. But overall, its a damn good idea. Check out the link posted by Milecruncher above.Monetization of your assets is highly needed, it will to some extent guard against depreciation also.
Old 28th August 2009, 17:46   #11
BHPian

So tempting this idea, I have heard about this idea before,but in different way. As in. in US you can have your existing car display ads, and they ll pay you. The idea, ideally, is fine, but, the implementation, if it is a scam then we have a problem!
Old 28th August 2009, 18:02   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopap View Post
would not it make a private vehicle appear like public one ??

moreover what happens if those get damaged in an accident ? Is there someone to monitor ??

what if I make deal in delhi and drive all the way to trivandrum and remove stickers ?
If the car gets damaged it has to be repaired within 45days by the owner. The ad company will be changing the ads from time to time. You also have the keep the car clean for ads to be visible.
there is a legal agreement to be signed by the owner and Ad company so if you remove the ad, the ad company will send you a legal notice or ask for compensation.
Also you cannot go out of the city for more than 1 month without prior notice. Any disputes will be under Mumbai Jurisdiction.
So it is all legally done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
Seems to be a good deal and idea, but i am against anything that asks money from me.

A suggestion would be to go through the legal documents that you might be signing up and look for all loopholes and legal issues. If it is possible, you could go to an extent of validating the agreement with a lawyer.
Yes but the ad company is not asking the money from us. The money paid is for down payment to the car company directly. And the loan taken to be converted into EMI, which in turn to be paid by Ad company.
So overall we are just paying 1.2lacs for a brand new car.
Also every month a new design on the car so new car every month.

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th August 2009 at 23:57. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 28th August 2009, 18:09   #13
Senior - BHPian

Wow this is a cool scheme. Can't see why one would buy a Nano when you can get this deal.
Old 28th August 2009, 18:19   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
ehhh... sounds familiar, doesnt Hillram who owns a yellow cedia got same kinda mitsubishi stikers on his car for Mitsubishi advertisement.
As much as I know he got it done themselves towards car decor.
Old 29th August 2009, 10:40   #15
BHPian

GOOD Morning to all.
As of know i am just checking the legality of the agreement which i have got. if it is proper i m going for the deal 99%.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks