Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2009, 16:45   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
whatever which way we look at it,it looks like we are absolutely fine in getting the copycat cars to india.
I'm not. Let that kinda business work in China. atleast we can have our business ethics clean. well, thats just my view.
Your views are well taken and respected, I find nothing wrong with this, if Dahitsu decides to sell the old dies and moulds to this chinese company or the malasian company and they do well with those dies and moulds and have a hot selling product then whats wrong with it.

Even a company like TATA has done that they bought the dies and moulds for Winger from Renault and introduced it in the Indian market with their own engine and Winger has done well in its space ie the Tempo Traveller space.
Old 12th September 2009, 16:51   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
whatever which way we look at it,it looks like we are absolutely fine in getting the copycat cars to india.
I'm not. Let that kinda business work in China. atleast we can have our business ethics clean. well, thats just my view.
Well 14000, if only Toyota were half eager to launch the original thing in India. It is the lack of originals in our market which makes this an original here. Even if it fails, it will open this segment (like Fusion did to premium hatch segment)

In the above pic it looks quite high and big, almost size of gypsy. If age old gypsy sells at over 6 lakhs in India (without PS and AC) then won't it be better at under 5L with diesel. (off course if it has equal offroad capabilities as the Gypsy (thats a lot, ok half that much) and engine doesn't breaks apart into pieces as mentioned in above posts).

On lighter note imagine if this chinees company gets its hands on old dies of CRV from Honda and launches it at 8-10L in Diesel.

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 12th September 2009 at 17:07.
Old 12th September 2009, 16:52   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Your views are well taken and respected, I find nothing wrong with this, if Dahitsu decides to sell the old dies and moulds to this chinese company or the malasian company and they do well with those dies and moulds and have a hot selling product then whats wrong with it.

Even a company like TATA has done that they bought the dies and moulds for Winger from Renault and introduced it in the Indian market with their own engine and Winger has done well in its space ie the Tempo Traveller space.
agree with you on that point. has the zoyte been made in that way? have the dies been bought by whichever chinese company it is that manufactures it. If yes, we have very little to argue.
then, its with total acceptance from either parties.
Unfortunately, most of the chinese firms end up reverse engineering successful cars and thats where my point is targeted at.
Old 12th September 2009, 17:39   #64
Senior - BHPian

Few more pics of the same.. Its got 205.70. R15s and a 1.6 Mitsu engine. The new headlamps looks similar to Fiat palio headlamps which also Zotye is making in China. Zotye palio link.

New compact SUV from Premier Auto. EDIT: Rio quick testdrive on page 10-zotyeautonomadii.jpg

New compact SUV from Premier Auto. EDIT: Rio quick testdrive on page 10-dscf8187.jpg

New compact SUV from Premier Auto. EDIT: Rio quick testdrive on page 10-dscf8190.jpg

New compact SUV from Premier Auto. EDIT: Rio quick testdrive on page 10-dscf8191.jpg
Old 12th September 2009, 18:05   #65
evo
BHPian

I think the headlamps look like they have a lot of influence from the new VW hatches. Chinese auto co`s have a habbit of putting numeric model number decals at the back of cars, I find this quite weird.
Old 12th September 2009, 18:12   #66
Senior - BHPian

Now this one looks more acceptable.Its still got bits and pieces from other cars,but this is definitely a better finished product.
Nice simple interiors too.Shapes from the Jazz here and there.Even got a CVT!!

Last edited by AyAn! : 12th September 2009 at 18:14.
Old 12th September 2009, 18:16   #67
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Did you guys know that BHPian X-Machine had spotted the Zotye SUV been tested a couple of years back in Mumbai. Link to thread with pictures.
Old 12th September 2009, 18:35   #68
BHPian

Doesnt look bad at all, with this kind of interiors, it will do well, way to go PAL and good luck, now only if they can find the right engine for this. I am sure they can talk to AVTEC and see if the Tavera engine will fit in.
Old 12th September 2009, 19:21   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
On lighter note imagine if this chinees company gets its hands on old dies of CRV from Honda and launches it at 8-10L in Diesel.
Why need the dies when you have the copycat product?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...-carmaker.html
Attached Images

Old 12th September 2009, 20:33   #70
BHPian

I guess the only thing that Zotye designed themselves is circular pad for housing the door opener...What were they thinking???
Old 12th September 2009, 21:14   #71
Senior - BHPian

But when is it coming? At the Delhi Expo?
Old 12th September 2009, 21:49   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

man !! These Chinese have absolutely no shame !!

These rip off are incredible !!
Old 12th September 2009, 22:56   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
man !! These Chinese have absolutely no shame !!

These rip off are incredible !!
Talk about Piracy in the world of automotive. On a serious note and slightly off topic, how many of us think before downloading a song off the net? Isn't that ripping off the original owner of the music of his credit and money?
Old 12th September 2009, 23:01   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Talk about Piracy in the world of automotive. On a serious note and slightly off topic, how many of us think before downloading a song off the net? Isn't that ripping off the original owner of the music of his credit and money?
uh.you got a point mate. but for now, lets stick to cars.chinese in particular.
Old 13th September 2009, 00:12   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Did you guys know that BHPian X-Machine had spotted the Zotye SUV been tested a couple of years back in Mumbai. Link to thread with pictures.
So is it that they are actually testing the car on Indian roads from one year.. BTW, was it electric for sure? (didn't went through the thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Why need the dies when you have the copycat product?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...-carmaker.html
Gaud!! That is unbelievable.. Mobiles and electronics are a different thing but copying a whole automobile, what to say, it can only happen in China.

(EDIT: Congrats Sid for becoming a Distinguished - BHPian. Very much deserved..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aKrain View Post

I guess the only thing that Zotye designed themselves is circular pad for housing the door opener...What were they thinking???
It looks as if it will fall off on the first offroad jump.

Quote:
uh.you got a point mate. but for now, lets stick to cars.chinese in particular.
First right to object is of Toyota/Daihatsu and if they don't consider it a copy then it should be ok with us. What may be I think, we should atleast give them a fair chance. It opens a new segment and it might attract attention of Suzuki and Toyota.

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 13th September 2009 at 00:26.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks