Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2011, 20:47   #46
BHPian

Re: Ford India orders inspection of power steering of all petrol Fiestas

Thank you all for this thread.
A couple of months back, I almost bought the i20.
Read the T-Bhp posts and (reluctantly) decided to drop the pursuit.

Decided to consider the Figo and had a good exp with the dealer too.
In the meantime, got to know about the EcoSport here on T-Bhp and after many midnight hours decided to wait for it - still waiting !!

Now I read this thread and I am enthused about Ford India's proactive service.
I am glad that I have dropped the i20 and have decided to go with a Ford.

Seeing how Ford has been so proactive to emails from Fiesta owners I have NO worries about a "new" car and its A.S.S.
Now its a question of waiting to see if the EcoSport launches by AutoExpo.
3 cheers to Ford India.
Old 15th December 2011, 12:57   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritofdriving View Post
This is brilliant. Mines a 2006 Ford Fiesta 1.6P - I bought it recently - so I will do this check up myself based on your picture earlier.

Thank You Vnabhi for being so kind and sharing this. It is indeed very helpful.
I checked mine yesterday and is at a comparable distance away from Engine as yours. So hope no issues.
Old 15th December 2011, 14:52   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musa View Post
Thank you all for this thread..

Seeing how Ford has been so proactive to emails from Fiesta owners I have NO worries about a "new" car and its A.S.S.
Now its a question of waiting to see if the EcoSport launches by AutoExpo.
3 cheers to Ford India.
Yes, I too am keen on the EcoSport.I hope it debuts in 2012. I am also keen on the Fiesta hatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritofdriving View Post
I checked mine yesterday and is at a comparable distance away from Engine as yours. So hope no issues.
Good for you!
Old 20th September 2013, 13:07   #49
BHPian

Can anyone highlight the power steering getting locked problem in cars. Recently there was an accident in Thirtahalli when swift landed into a lake and luckily everybody was rescued by a minister. I had a similar scare other day when my steering in A Star was getting stiffer while turning around. There seemed to loss of power, i switched off the AC and regained control over the car, did anyone experience such a phenomenon in their cars ? Is it a sign that battery is getting weak or is it power steering is linked to battery power ?
Old 23rd June 2017, 21:21   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Got my car back today---I could not pick it up yesterday as I had a call at 7 pm.

Apart from charges for normal servicing that included oil-chaning, filter changes, etc, no charges were levied on me for the power steering hose and mounting clip, thereby saving around 5 k INR.

Great move by Ford India and Mody Ford for settling the issue on the same day it was raised!

Here is a picture of the new hose. It looks identially placed when compared to the earlier one (pics on page 2), except that it seems to be a little more away from the engine block. Can other petrol Fiesta owners post pictures of their hose pipes?

Attachment 856005
Ford India has announced a recall once again on the same issue apparently. Below is the email I got.

Ford India orders inspection of power steering of all petrol Fiestas-fiesta-recall.png
vnabhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 22:31   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Ford India has announced a recall once again on the same issue apparently. Below is the email I got.

Attachment 1650661
Dint Ford recall older figos for the same issue?? Why the recall again for the same part?
If my memory serves right the recall for the PS hose was for only petrol figos, or were diesel also part of the recall?
I might be mixing things up.😁

I have a 2011 petrol figo which was part of the original recall. Haven't received anything regarding this recall, though my low pressure hose has a slight leak.. Nothing major 😁

Regards
Old 23rd June 2017, 23:37   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Dint Ford recall older figos for the same issue?? Why the recall again for the same part?
If my memory serves right the recall for the PS hose was for only petrol figos, or were diesel also part of the recall?
I might be mixing things up.😁

I have a 2011 petrol figo which was part of the original recall. Haven't received anything regarding this recall, though my low pressure hose has a slight leak.. Nothing major 😁

Regards
Yes, if you go through the opening post, there was indeed a 'soft' recall in 2009. It was only for petrol Fiestas. They might have later added petrol Figos, but I am not aware of that.

Check the Field Service Action list on Ford website with your VIN. You might be eligible for a free replacement.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 18:46   #53
Senior - BHPian

Ford centers were closed yesterday in Hyderabad on account of Ramzan, else I'd have got my car checked.

I called Vibrant Ford today and they confirmed that they have stock of replacement parts, and estimated around 4 hours to get the parts examined and changed if needed. I plan to go this Friday. Will keep this thread updated.
Old 29th June 2017, 11:35   #54
BHPian

I too got a call from Ford (kind of pre-recorded message asking me to visit Ford dealer for same).
I will be scheduling an appointment with the dealer today - let's see whats the outcome.
Old 30th June 2017, 23:21   #55
Senior - BHPian

I took my car to Vibrant Ford today. The Service Advisor told me that they have 'informal' advice from Ford to change the power steering hose of all cars that turn up. Mine looked ok, but he did not want to take a chance.

If I recall correctly, mine was changed in 2011 when the car was just out of EW as a goodwill gesture from Ford.

So I left the car with them and went back in the evening. They said they not only changed the hose, but also updated the software on my car to sync up with the new part. To top it all, they gave a free wash and air filter cleaning.

Total bill was ZERO! Thanks to Ford India was this proactive measure. And thanks to Mr. Shiva of Vibrant Ford for being so meticulous.

The older part being changed is shown below.

Ford India orders inspection of power steering of all petrol Fiestas-photo-venu.jpg

Last edited by vnabhi : 30th June 2017 at 23:32.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 09:39   #56
BHPian

Kudos to Ford, i definitely am seeing improvement in their service quality and how they go about with their recalls, at times it's better to stay away from Maruti and Hyundai stables
Old 1st July 2017, 11:41   #57
BANNED

Quote:
I took my car to Vibrant Ford today. The Service Advisor told me that they have 'informal' advice from Ford to change the power steering hose of all cars that turn up. Mine looked ok, but he did not want to take a chance.

If I recall correctly, mine was changed in 2011 when the car was just out of EW as a goodwill gesture from Ford.

So I left the car with them and went back in the evening. They said they not only changed the hose, but also updated the software on my car to sync up with the new part. To top it all, they gave a free wash and air filter cleaning.

Total bill was ZERO! Thanks to Ford India was this proactive measure. And thanks to Mr. Shiva of Vibrant Ford for being so meticulous.

The older part being changed is shown below.

Attachment 1652731
I really appreciate the way ford is handling the recall issue.

Last edited by visky : 1st July 2017 at 11:56. Reason: Missed reading the prior post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks