View Poll Results: SWIFT or GETZ or Palio 1.6sport
SWIFT 21 27.27%
GETZ 8 10.39%
Palio 1.6 sport 48 62.34%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2005, 01:59   #61
Senior - BHPian

All bull****. Some is hype, some is rumour, some is truth and some are lies.

FIat makes great cars and they should keep doing that. palio is good but is old now. give us the panda or get lost.
Old 17th March 2006, 09:41   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
All bull****. Some is hype, some is rumour, some is truth and some are lies.

FIat makes great cars and they should keep doing that. palio is good but is old now. give us the panda or get lost.
Panda that double storied wagon r look alike.... man palio is far far better!
Drive 1.6 once.... u will eat your words. 1.6 is all ATTITUDE.
Old 17th March 2006, 12:22   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque
Panda that double storied wagon r look alike.... man palio is far far better!
Drive 1.6 once.... u will eat your words. 1.6 is all ATTITUDE.
The Panda was the Car of the Year of Europe that means it must be quite a machine
Old 17th March 2006, 13:12   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
The Panda was the Car of the Year of Europe that means it must be quite a machine
Have seen the latest panda and i must say it is pretty good looking nothing flashy but nice and i guess it has got loads of space and a better looking dash!
Old 10th April 2006, 14:33   #65
BHPian

I have to seriously decide between Palio 1.6 sport and Getz Gls and Zxi, as I am planning to buy one of these in the next couple of months.

May be I'll wait till Oct if the new Palio comes by that time or the Aveo hatch comes. But Aveo might be outside my budget of 5L OTR.

BTW, many people here (i noticed while reading the first page of this thread) feel that Palio 1.6 shd not be compared but Palio 1.2 shd be compared. But price-wise, even the 1.6 sport seem cheaper in Mumbai compared to the other two.

Any ideas pls?

M
Old 11th April 2006, 10:33   #66
BHPian

I had the same question before me - though I didnt include Getz in the list.

All things considered, I booked a Palio 1.6 Sports. New palio might just be facelifted without any changes to interior. And, it may not come in 1.6 version. I like the looks of Palio as it is now.

I thought 1.6 Palio will push the OTR to 5.4 L. Any discounts?
Old 11th April 2006, 10:35   #67
BHPian

I got my 1.6 beauty last week, its a stunner, u can take my word for it. I agree it cannot be compared with swift n getz (as they r esteem n accent engined hatches respectively). With tata-fiat alliance, its a no brainer. Palio rulzz!
Old 11th April 2006, 11:09   #68
BHPian

Palio 1.6 is Rs.5.27 OTR here in Mumbai, as per the newspaper and Fiat site at least.

Visited Anuroop day before yesterday, but it was closed (being a Sunday). I always thought car dealers best day to do business was a Sunday. Is it normal for dealers to have a Sunday off?

Yesterday I called Wasan motors (marine lines). They took my number and promised to call back and no calls yet. Today I'll drop in at some dealer in Chembur (as I am going that side) to check out. Hopefully they should not be closed (today is Mahavir Jayanti)

BTW, what are the changes in the Fiat car prices after Tata started selling them? Have they increased, remained same, become cheaper?

M
Old 11th April 2006, 13:43   #69
BHPian

I will go with PALIO..
Old 11th April 2006, 17:55   #70
Senior - BHPian

No doubt, Palio 1.6
Old 11th April 2006, 19:39   #71
BHPian

Palio 1.6 sport is Rs. 5,09,869 OTR here in Mumbai. It is available in 2 colors only (unlike 6 listed in the website) - Formula Red and Canary Yellow).
Old 13th April 2006, 10:21   #72
BHPian

Yesterday my wife test drove 3 cars - Getz, Swift and Palio 1.2. (1.6 sport was not available for a TD) on the Worli sea face. Her impression: Getz is smooth, easier to drive/change gears. followed by Swift and Palio. I also could see (sitting on the back seat) she could come in terms with Getz very quickly. She felt the the Palio seats were the most comfortable. Lack of rear space in the Swift coupled with small windows, means we have virtually ruled out Swift. My wife would have ruled out Palio too but for me I begged that she should have a look at 1.6 before taking a decision. I was actually shocked to note that none of the three were as good as even the Matiz when it came to the interiors.

The OTR prices were as follows:
Palio 1.2 (4.50L)
Getz GLS (4.95L+octroi) Add 37k for alloys and ABS
Swift VXi (4.58L+octroi) Add 43k for Alloys and ABS

If the budget is around 4.5L Swift looks like a good buy. But for a budget of 5L, I think the battle is between 1.6 Sport (5.1 without ABS) and Getz (5.32 with ABS). 22k extra for the Getz for ABS+smoother ride+slightly better interiors vis-a-vis a more powerful engine for the 1.6 Sport.

I have a feeling that the 'Sport' tuning in the Palio has taken out the smoothness in the ride, which conservative drivers will not appreciate much

M
Old 13th April 2006, 13:39   #73
BHPian

Yesterday, Shaman Motors had said that the Palio 1.6 would come on Monday (for a TD for my wife). Today, they called me and said that the 1.6 will never come, I have to TD the adventure instead. I then called Fiat's best dealer Anuroop, and they said they too can't give a 1.6 for a TD, but we can TD the Petra instead. If even Fiat lovers like me are frustrated by these, I can understand what others feel about Fiat products.

M
Old 13th April 2006, 14:06   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday, Shaman Motors had said that the Palio 1.6 would come on Monday (for a TD for my wife). Today, they called me and said that the 1.6 will never come, I have to TD the adventure instead. I then called Fiat's best dealer Anuroop, and they said they too can't give a 1.6 for a TD, but we can TD the Petra instead. If even Fiat lovers like me are frustrated by these, I can understand what others feel about Fiat products.
That is strange. Why cant they give the Palio 1.6 for a TD when they can give the Petra?? If you were in Madras I would have asked you to take a TD of my car . Anyways, if you know anyone with a 1.6, ask them for a drive.
Old 13th April 2006, 19:08   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi

M
That is becuase ,i think the Palio 1.6 is only built on order and since they are slow selling the dealers must not have purchased them.

but its a no-branier.the 1.6 is better than the getz or the swift.yes the ride is harsher than the 1.2 but is on par with the getz and swift.the stiff settings give you a rigid built to last feel that is normally found in cars in higher segments alos the ride improves considerably one upto speed.also the interiors may look dated but they are well built and are practical enough.i like them because they are more driver oriented with all controls falling easily into hand,only drawbacks are you cannot fit a 2-din audio system and there is no bottle holder.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks