GETZ 8 10.39%
Palio 1.6 sport 48 62.34%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2006, 14:31   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
That is becuase ,i think the Palio 1.6 is only built on order and since they are slow selling the dealers must not have purchased them.

but its a no-branier.the 1.6 is better than the getz or the swift.yes the ride is harsher than the 1.2 but is on par with the getz and swift.the stiff settings give you a rigid built to last feel that is normally found in cars in higher segments alos the ride improves considerably one upto speed.also the interiors may look dated but they are well built and are practical enough.i like them because they are more driver oriented with all controls falling easily into hand,only drawbacks are you cannot fit a 2-din audio system and there is no bottle holder.
True even i find the interiors of the Palio better. I have driven quite a few old palio's, the interiors have held up better than any other small car. A santro or wagon r might give you the perception of better quality than palio, it is well perception only n nothing else.
Old 18th April 2006, 14:58   #77
Senior - BHPian

Disclaimer: I am NOT writing this because I own a Fiat car. But this is something I've always felt genuinely.

Fiat interiors are not jazzy looking, but controls are neatly placed and very convenient for driver. I personally like rotary knobs for a/c temperature and blower settings. All controls including power window switches on door illuminate well at night, and this really comes in handy at night. Only one thing, which looks odd to quite a few folks, is rear power window controls fo rdriver placed near gear knob. But, I find it easier to clearly distinguish between front and rear controls. Many cars have them on driver door panel cluttering it. They can only be operated by driver and not by co-passenger. (Talking of rear power window controls, the most absurdly placed controls would be that of Santro Xing. They are placed behind gear knob, so backseat passenger needs to bend forward to operate it. )

Things I hated about Fiat interior:
  1. Clumsy overhead reading lights, which dont have any switch but need to be pressed to operate.
  2. Strange contoured dashboard, which doesn't let you keep anything on it. (Or is it intentional?)
  3. Fabric door trims, which are not really easy to clean.
Old 19th April 2006, 09:21   #78
BHPian

For your information Fiat had a repair centre near Delhi IG Airport, which was torn down by MCD in the recent demolition drives as they were operating illegally.
Old 19th April 2006, 10:57   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech
For your information Fiat had a repair centre near Delhi IG Airport, which was torn down by MCD in the recent demolition drives as they were operating illegally.
I must be missing something, but what is that supposed to mean in current context of thread?
Old 19th April 2006, 14:42   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
wow ABS is good news. they had an option for airbags too.

hey BUsa// are u sure they have shut shop at MUmbai? I heard there were two big dealers in MUMbai . If I remember correctly one was Vivek auto.
The above point was taken from an old topic in this thread. We do not see many Palio's in NCR. Practically none in smaller cities. Can't say about Mumbai, Bangalore.
Old 19th April 2006, 22:13   #81
Senior - BHPian

^ Tech is upto something. LOL

Nice evaluation of the interiors RX. What news?
Old 20th April 2006, 00:23   #82
BHPian

It Is The Palio 1.6 Gtx.. No Question.just The Engine Note After 4000 Rpm Is Enuff To Topple Jap And Korean Money Minting Devices.the Chassis Is A Peach,try Cornering At 125k,childs Play For The Palio,and The Beautifully Weighted And Direct Steering Is The Icing On The Cake.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks