Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2009, 17:26   #46
BHPian

Got to be the Tata Sierra which had a FFE and great wheels. Dont know where it is now.
Old 28th October 2009, 17:42   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Hey Gansan, Nice to hear about your love with GUN. I had mine till March-2007. Me too sold it after a bad engine re-boring :-(
Ah, the sweet memories! The howl of the exhaust when we closed the throttle from a good clip was pure music! I can still hear it. This was more pronounced in the pre-cat 4 gear versions.

A small correction to my previous post: I parted with the bike in Feb 2000 when I bought the Splendor, and not in 1999 as mentioned.

Last edited by Gansan : 28th October 2009 at 17:44.
Old 3rd November 2009, 19:47   #48
Senior - BHPian

How can I miss out on my jeep. I love it for its ruggedness and go anywhere do anything attitude.
Old 3rd November 2009, 21:42   #49
BHPian

First one that comes to mind is my 1990 Toyota Camry V6, loved the exhaust notes and the power that came along with it. Amazing engineering and lots of features that we don't even have today in India. Don't know where that is now. But i have some pretty good memories associated with that car.

Next would be my 2003 Fiat Palio 1.9D for its sheer torque and raw power. I still own this and it is still going strong.
Old 4th November 2009, 00:53   #50
BHPian

I could mention any of the cars in my sig but my most favorite car BY FAR has to be my Gen1 Miata. That was an absolute hoot to drive, had stunning fuel economy and I had some of the best moments in my life in that car - getting stuck in a huge downpour up in the mountains with my girlfriend & I in that is something I can never forget.
Old 4th November 2009, 10:35   #51
JRD
BHPian

I might not change my thought on this forever - My Esteem Limited. Miss it every single day.
Old 4th November 2009, 10:40   #52
BHPian

Of all the vehicles that I have owned and currently own, my favorite is Skoda vRS which is not Stage II modified. It is a fantastic ride that I have ever driven.

Cheers.
Old 4th November 2009, 11:19   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Standard 2000 (Rover) back in the late 80's, soon after I was born. It had power windows,power steering and lot of power in general at a time when people were building their muscles rolling up windows and turning hard steerings in their 800cc engines at most. We kept it for over a decade because it was so special.

The C180 was special in it's own way because it was the family's first Mercedes. When the E-class was launched in early 90's I remember going to the Tata/MB showroom in Worli with my father to have a look at it and get the brouchers etc. We could afford it then too but my father just couldn't digest the concept of paying so much money for a car back then. It took him a decade more to finally decide he is ready to climb on the luxury car bandwagon. The C gave us it's share of nightmares but when it came home it was special alright, the only car till date that my father himself came to the showroom to take delivery. It meant a lot when we got it.
Old 4th November 2009, 11:23   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy
Of all the vehicles that I have owned and currently own, my favorite is Skoda vRS which is not Stage II modified. It is a fantastic ride that I have ever driven.

Cheers.
Mistyped NOW to NOT.

Of all the vehicles that I have owned and currently own, my favorite is Skoda vRS which is now* Stage II modified. It is a fantastic ride that I have ever driven.

Cheers.
Old 4th November 2009, 11:24   #55
BHPian

so far I owned, tata indica [my first car], accent viva, honda city type-II, innova and Verna. Of all the vehicles i owned till today, my heart goes to honda city [NHC]. I like that light steering and drive ease in car.
Old 4th November 2009, 11:43   #56
BHPian

The fav. has to be our Toyota Qualis.

Simply the best drivers car. I have driven for 12 hrs straight without break and still feel fresh. Once during our yearly trip to Sabarimala, I drove from Villupuram to Pamba straight without break, since we had to make it in a time frame where we had arranged for a darshan. I drove all the way and immediately climbed the hill.

The car from 2003 to 2009 ran about 1,50,000 kms, of which i would have driven about 1,00,000 kms.
Old 4th November 2009, 12:47   #57
BHPian

My favourite vehicle is Elantra CRDI, I miss it a lot.
Old 4th November 2009, 12:58   #58
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Tata Safari and Standard 2000
Old 4th November 2009, 13:18   #59
BHPian

My vote goes for Standard 2000-though not owned one but traveled in it a lot. It was also quite amenable for conversion into a diesel with a Pegueot engine.
Old 4th November 2009, 13:18   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Standard 2000 (Rover) back in the late 80's, soon after I was born. It had power windows,power steering and lot of power in general at a time when people were building their muscles rolling up windows and turning hard steerings in their 800cc engines at most. We kept it for over a decade because it was so special.

The C180 was special in it's own way because it was the family's first Mercedes. When the E-class was launched in early 90's I remember going to the Tata/MB showroom in Worli with my father to have a look at it and get the brouchers etc. We could afford it then too but my father just couldn't digest the concept of paying so much money for a car back then. It took him a decade more to finally decide he is ready to climb on the luxury car bandwagon. The C gave us it's share of nightmares but when it came home it was special alright, the only car till date that my father himself came to the showroom to take delivery. It meant a lot when we got it.
Sahil can I have my Father & Mother (most needed) meet your Father? Its been 11 years and they still don't budge and being a car nut it is killing me.

Anyway had my fling with a Merc for a year so she is tops on my list, then our 1985 Standard 2000 Blue with grey interior i was a kid then and boy was that a thrill to have her, next my US college car - Blood red Honda Civic Coupe (1993), next my car in HK - 1985 BMW 325i with Mkit/free flow/wheels, next my dear Safari. Not loosing hope yet

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks