Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2009, 17:58   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by it_inspector View Post
My favourite car has been and will continue to be ford f6 thypoon or ford ba xr6turbo.
You own/owned these 2?
I guess you missed the title of this thread.
Old 27th October 2009, 18:19   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
i love all my cars which i have owned and i find it extremely difficult to sell them away as i feel im losing a part of my own family
+1 to this and that's why I still have all of them with me ! But for a Silver Plus which I had way back in 1985/87 which I was forced to sell as otherwise I would'nt have been gifted the Yamaha !

Don't know the Silver Plus' whereabouts but I would definitely make place in my garage if I can find her even if she isnt roadworthy !
Old 27th October 2009, 22:46   #33
BHPian

all the cars that i sold i miss dearly but i miss my mm540 ,my first sierra and my first enfield blc 989 the most
Old 28th October 2009, 01:13   #34
Senior - BHPian

Has to be the OHC VTEC for me. Innova comes 2nd....

Shan2nu
Old 28th October 2009, 02:53   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

I love and miss all of our cars. If I had adequate parking and money, they would still be with us. However, with so many new cars to drive we are forced to sell off our cars once they reach their age or parents need a new car.
I cannot choose my favorite previous car as that is a long list, with cars such as the Palio GTX, Sient 1.7TD, Audi 100, Cielo, Nexia, etc.
The favorite cars we own right now are:
- Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - this is one I will never sell until she breaks down
- Mitsubishi Galant V6 - While I want to keep this forever, I know I will have to sell her when I come back to India.
Old 28th October 2009, 04:16   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
You own/owned these 2?
I guess you missed the title of this thread.
I know that but both of the cars share same Chassis and handling.

Both of them were built on BA Falcon Chassis but it was redisgned to handle more torque and punishment. Rest of the cars were built from scratch and the end result was simply amazing.

F6 Typhoon - Most powerful NA V6 ever launched in Asia Pacific. A very strong base for future mods. To put it in a word, car was simply a putty in your hands, shape it the way you want. Whether you want 600+bhp on the rear tyres and a Drag monster or 450+bhp on the rear tyres and a drifting god, its all possible very very easily. Biggest thing, every single part of the car was/is labelled with car number and these were always made in limited numbers.

To put it from factory drive shaft had to be made from CF since normal Falcon Drive shaft shattered after 10-15k of heavy use and remember Falcon is the model Crown Vic was based on and 80% of australian taxis are Falcon because they need to run 24/7 for atleast 6yrs during which these cars do atleast 1,200,000Kms, usually around 1,400,000Kms is pretty average. So just imagine a car that reliable and still drive shaft shatters at 10-15k, how much torque do you think engine produces???

BA XR6 Turbo, its just a dream come true. Half the price of F6 series and yet 11sec quarter mile just needs a remap and valve springs. Rb20 engines from Nissan are considered the best of the best of their time and yet BA XR6 Turbo`s engine is considered superior. Despite being only 5-6yrs old this car is a legend and is very hard to come by second hand.
Old 28th October 2009, 07:48   #37
BHPian

The best that I have owned - Nissan Maxima. 3L V6 engine was truly responsive. Just a touch on the accelerator and it would pick from 0-80mph. It was real pleasure to drive.
Old 28th October 2009, 08:11   #38
Senior - BHPian

Not car but 95 DEC MODEL SUZUKI SHOGUN, This one is close to my heart even now!! I miss my gun!!!!
Old 28th October 2009, 09:31   #39
Senior - BHPian

My opel astra (please dont be suprised!) & my current scorpio mHawk.
Old 28th October 2009, 09:50   #40
Senior - BHPian

The one I miss most is my 1993 June Suzuki Shogun. Let it go in 1999 after a re-bore job went awry.
Old 28th October 2009, 10:09   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hey Gansan, Nice to hear about your love with GUN. I had mine till March-2007. Me too sold it after a bad engine re-boring :-(
Old 28th October 2009, 10:16   #42
BHPian

Quote:
I know that but both of the cars share same Chassis and handling.

Both of them were built on BA Falcon Chassis but it was redisgned to handle more torque and punishment. Rest of the cars were built from scratch and the end result was simply amazing.

F6 Typhoon - Most powerful NA V6 ever launched in Asia Pacific. A very strong base for future mods. To put it in a word, car was simply a putty in your hands, shape it the way you want. Whether you want 600+bhp on the rear tyres and a Drag monster or 450+bhp on the rear tyres and a drifting god, its all possible very very easily. Biggest thing, every single part of the car was/is labelled with car number and these were always made in limited numbers.

To put it from factory drive shaft had to be made from CF since normal Falcon Drive shaft shattered after 10-15k of heavy use and remember Falcon is the model Crown Vic was based on and 80% of australian taxis are Falcon because they need to run 24/7 for atleast 6yrs during which these cars do atleast 1,200,000Kms, usually around 1,400,000Kms is pretty average. So just imagine a car that reliable and still drive shaft shatters at 10-15k, how much torque do you think engine produces???

BA XR6 Turbo, its just a dream come true. Half the price of F6 series and yet 11sec quarter mile just needs a remap and valve springs. Rb20 engines from Nissan are considered the best of the best of their time and yet BA XR6 Turbo`s engine is considered superior. Despite being only 5-6yrs old this car is a legend and is very hard to come by second hand.
Just one word.Wow!!

So you still possess these 2 beauties?
Old 28th October 2009, 14:00   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Just one word.Wow!!

So you still possess these 2 beauties?
No, i was diagnosed with cancer last yr and i ended up selling most of my possessions including second house and my company so i can afford treatment. I will be going in final operation in dec and then will be coming back to india for few months for recovery and got work lined up in india after that.

I will be coming back to aus in 2011-12, first thing i am doing is buying a F6 or Force6. Ford has projected a Supercharged Force6 for 2012 so hopefully that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananth_iy View Post
The best that I have owned - Nissan Maxima. 3L V6 engine was truly responsive. Just a touch on the accelerator and it would pick from 0-80mph. It was real pleasure to drive.
Nissan used to deliver same engine in Bluebird. Quite similar to maxima but half the weight and improved handling. Bluebird got canned before pulsar and now they are super rare to find in good condition.
Old 28th October 2009, 15:08   #44
BHPian

Quote:
No, i was diagnosed with cancer last yr and i ended up selling most of my possessions including second house and my company so i can afford treatment. I will be going in final operation in dec and then will be coming back to india for few months for recovery and got work lined up in india after that.

I will be coming back to aus in 2011-12, first thing i am doing is buying a F6 or Force6. Ford has projected a Supercharged Force6 for 2012 so hopefully that one.

Get well soon buddy.And I bet you will buy the F6 and get your life back on track.All the best bro.And I really admire your spirit.

\m/ Respect.

Last edited by Alter_Ego : 28th October 2009 at 15:14.
Old 28th October 2009, 16:12   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Now that's kick ***. Hope to see you get your fav car back again.

Wish you luck.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks