Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2009, 12:11   #76
BHPian

Great News

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
its definitely goin to give the altis and the civic sleepless nights.

The model am really looking forward to is 1.6 ltr diesel verion.thats seriously going to be a rocket of a car.
hope they give it with a sunroof parking sensor and fatter tires.
Well I hope that they start giving it right from the t-jet model, but guess that will be in 2011, keeping in mind Fiat'w initiative to give something new every year. Expect the T-jet petrol to be launched as an aniversary gift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Great news! But the TSi engines of Skoda are of similar technology I believe and there have been instances of them failing when regular petrol was used. I hope Fiat did the homework with the engine regarding Indian quality fuel.
One thing that you can trust FIAT on is them doing their homework. One thing that you cant trust them on is their ASS Sadly, the car will make or break depends on how good their service centers shape up, something I really do not expect to improve, until fiat comes up with its own service centers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
That's good news that Linea will get Tjet version. So those who are waiting to buy Linea can wait a couple more months and go for the new version.
But I m not dissappointed as the car company's would be launching new products every year and better than the earlier ones.

Once it is launched I would only like to know if it would be possible to upload the below extra features on our Lineas. I think there would also be Cruise control apart from the below features.
Feature upgrades:

1) Hill Holder (HBA)
2) Auto Windshield Wipers
3) Auto Headlamps
Anyway, let's wait n see...
I hope that these features will be carried out across the model range, then even the diesel will become a great proposition, and with Petes help will simply rock.

I also doubt that with the additional power, the T-jet will come with entirely different suspension and brakes, as was the case in difference between palio 1.2 and 1.6. Though both the palios looked similar, the similarity ended in their looks. Everything is different , right from the break pads to the disks to suspension setups. If this car doesnt sell well, then there is going to be a huge problem with spares later, as the 1.6 is facing currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Great news autocarcr. Linea with a turbo would rock. I guess this will be the first sub 10L sedan with a <10s time to 0-100 too! With its already great handling and features - this would be the best under 10L drivers car.

The international spec one makes the same torque at a much lower 1750 rpm, any clue why its different? Not that 2500 is bad for a petrol engine, but still 1750 would have been ubercool.

Folks, i guess this part carries a little too excitement. Fiat themselves claim the regular FIRE engine to be the most fuel efficient one - so expect the FE of the Tjet to be a little lower than the regular one. Check under engine options here: - Fiat Linea -. Expecting 14kmpl in city from the Tjet is just daydreaming.
With the added Turbo, I would expect the efficiency to be improved, but with us speed addicts who will never drive the car sedately, we can safely assume the current mileage will still continue.
Old 1st November 2009, 12:48   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I would expect a FE of about 8-9 kmpl.
No way... not with maximum torque coming in at 1750 or even 2500 rpm as suggested by the figures on this thread. Although I still think it would be the same as international unit at 1750 rpm and not 2500 rpm.

With maximum torque coming in so early, you will hardly rev the car and ride the torque in the city most of the times.
Old 1st November 2009, 12:49   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

This is really great news. I am seriously contemplating a Fiat car as my next replacement which will happen late 2010 or early 2011 and i am sure by that time T-Jet will show its capabilities in the market leaving a lot of people like me who will replace around that time with a well informed decision.

Another exciting news is about the Fiest with almost equivalent power. Just hope to keep things sane in mind and importantly for pockets, Fiat should release the 1.6MJD ASAP.
Old 1st November 2009, 13:02   #79
Senior - BHPian

Whoa!!! This could easily be the best drivers car this side of 10 lacs!!! Awesome power , ride & handling , loaded to the brim -answer for a complete C+ sedan!!!
Old 2nd November 2009, 04:19   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

One question,
would the T-JET be launched in Emotion/Emotion + variant, or would it feature in a seperate variant, like the GTX and 1.2P were in the case of the palio?
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:48   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Thats great news! Thanks for sharing.

I only hope that people dont compare it now with the HONDA Civic and say its still underpowered compared to a Honda which is of a similar size to Linea!
And the FE low compared to a Bajaj Auto
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:08   #82
Senior - BHPian

It was indeed a good as well as bad new for me. Was expecting to lay my hands on 1.6 MJD, till then arrange my finances but had to go for the same 1.3 MJD.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:09   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiGolden View Post
And the FE low compared to a Bajaj Auto
Good one PhiGolden, this is what is a typical Indian Customer..!!

Jokes apart, yesterday around 3:30 pm i was on my way to Vashi through the Thane Belapur Highway in my M-800, there was almost no traffic on the highway at that time.

In the OVRM of my car, i saw a FIAT Linea coming from behind it was having a temp registration of MH-12 dont know which RTO this is falling ? as i am least aware of the registration series, i thought it would be a normal variant that are already in the market, it was a Silver Linea, the guy was approaching very fast from behind, when the car came near my car aah divine intervention..!! i saw "Tjet" written on the front grill the "J" in the Tjet was RED in color, is it the same internationally ?

The guy was driving at a blistering speed he must be around 120 Kmph, it went past me at a blink of an eye, and i didn't even try to catch him, forget taking snaps.

Seems FIAT is ready to burn the roads, a blistering fast sedan < 10 lacs and with Linea's Legendary Ride & Handling, it will be a car to watch out for.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 2nd November 2009 at 12:10.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:19   #84
Senior - BHPian

Linea T-Jet spotted on Thane-Belapur highway

Linea T-Jet spotted on Thane-Belapur highway, Vashi, Navi Mumbai by a friend of mine. He saw the T-Jet logo on the grill very clearly (the J in Tjet was red in colour) and reported that the car just flew past him!

(Thane-Belapur highway is a industrial belt area and on a sunday is empty affording the chance to drive fast)
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:21   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
it was a Silver Linea, the guy was approaching very fast from behind, when the car came near my car aah divine intervention..!! i saw "Tjet" written on the front grill the "J" in the Tjet was RED in color, is it the same internationally ?
Hey this must be the first spotting of the Linea TJet in India

The pics i've seen online of TJet's have the "J" in red!
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:35   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
The pics i've seen online of TJet's have the "J" in red!

Thanks for the information, that is Great..!! in this case it will be the Next Skoda RS that too if FIAT keeps the prices in check it will be a heck of a Sedan under 10 lacs. May be i am dreaming too much

One Question, has FIAT stripped off the external Roof Antenna from the Newer lot of Linea's ? as in some brand new cars, as well the Tjet version which i saw on the highway, there was no external roof antenna seen.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 2nd November 2009 at 12:45.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:58   #87
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for the information, that is Great..!! in this case it will be the Next Skoda RS that too if FIAT keeps the prices in check it will be a heck of a Sedan under 10 lacs. May be i am dreaming too much
No you are not dreaming too much, as history suggest, Fiat will not price it too much. Expect it to be Rs.799900/- ex showroom Delhi and Rs.850000/- ex showroom for Automatic if ever launched.
Fiat is only one company in my opinion to fulfill day dreamer's dreams.
Old 5th November 2009, 12:26   #88
Senior - BHPian

Wowww

wohaaa.. i heard about news of 1.4 T-JET launch in Jan 2010. Next thing i did was seacrhed here for the therad..

Great scoop guys. Wish T jet will get better plastic interiors and fix all those small niggles like chore strip falling etc

Cant wait to see new colors of Linea : Cool Jazz Blue, Indie Ivory, Exotica Yellow.
Old 5th November 2009, 13:19   #89
Senior - BHPian

Fiat T-jet engine bay
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet in January 2010!-fiat_tjet.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet in January 2010!-untitled1.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet in January 2010!-untitled1h.jpg  

Old 5th November 2009, 13:27   #90
BANNED

All the colors on Linea looks superb, such is the beauty.
Can some one please tell me, if 1.4 fire engine could be converted to T-jet ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks