Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2009, 18:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Go ahead and enjoy the new car experience. Don't let such a minor difference get to your head.
2nd you
high-oct - Try to relax, 4 days isnt a big different. The Ext-warranty IMHO starts from the date of PDI being completed and signed off for delivery. Check with the dealer in a lighter vein - ask them when did the consignment arrive and the PDI was completed. I read you wanted to delay the Delivery? And being that long weekend, many showrrom guys may be on leave. RTO may be on leave, so they may have hurried to 'satisfy' the customer.

IMO the Ext.Warr doc is created by the Dealer and not by Maruti. Check it out. I am sure my TASS dealer filled out the ext warr doc and handed it over to me.
Old 12th November 2009, 18:41   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
Concorde, Bangalore Tata dealer is charging something called AMC apart from Extended warranty, the sales person is unable to explain me the benefits of AMC clearly.

does anyone know what is this AMC and what are included?

-MUKE
AMC or Value Care (TATA) is very different from Extended Warranty and I will try and differentiate both here.

Extended Warranty: Extends your manufacturer warranty against defective mechanical / electrical part in your car. It is purely a case of benefit when your car encounters a problem covered by extended warranty.

Value Care / AMC : It is a maintenance contract. i. e. anything spent on maintenance in way of engine oil, power steering oil, even clutch pads and tyres (parts which are considered consumables or have an operational life) are replaced free of cost for the period of contract. So you don't pay anything for service visits at you local authorised workshop. A great option if you wish to save yourself from hassles of service cost. Usually an AMC would have different tiers, Silver : Gold : Platinum depending on number of items you wish to be covered and also the time you want to be covered for.
Old 12th November 2009, 19:06   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
AMC or Value Care (TATA) is very different from Extended Warranty and I will try and differentiate both here.

Extended Warranty: Extends your manufacturer warranty against defective mechanical / electrical part in your car. It is purely a case of benefit when your car encounters a problem covered by extended warranty.

Value Care / AMC : It is a maintenance contract. i. e. anything spent on maintenance in way of engine oil, power steering oil, even clutch pads and tyres (parts which are considered consumables or have an operational life) are replaced free of cost for the period of contract. So you don't pay anything for service visits at you local authorised workshop. A great option if you wish to save yourself from hassles of service cost. Usually an AMC would have different tiers, Silver : Gold : Platinum depending on number of items you wish to be covered and also the time you want to be covered for.
Akhilesh,

A digression here

Have you had your Jetta checked for the wishbone nut?
I had it checked and the dealer said its fine.

Regards
Old 12th November 2009, 19:25   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
Akhilesh,

A digression here

Have you had your Jetta checked for the wishbone nut?
I had it checked and the dealer said its fine.

Regards
and really

Yes, I did visit VW yesterday for service and was mulling over writing up my service report. Anyways, now tht u asked, I did ask for the wishbone nut problem and I was told tht my car did not come under the chasis no. list of cars which may have had the problem. Works Manager was kind enough to still check everything and found all to be normal.

Last edited by akhilesh51 : 12th November 2009 at 19:26.
Old 19th December 2009, 20:34   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
even clutch pads and tyres
Tyres are not covered in AMC..
TATA motors is giving discount on AMC if you Extended warranty. If you take for two years/20000 kms.. you pay around Rs.7500/-. You will get two free services for that(zero bill). Under AMC your service interval is every 10,000/- ( not based on time interval). so ,Rs.3750/- each service.. is it really worth it?

Note from Team BHP Support:
Please avoid multiple dots in your posts like ..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks