Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2009, 14:14   #31
BANNED

Boss, if the event was by "invitation only", then we shouldn't be cribbing. Like 1day mentioned, probably Lambo guys had to maintain the secrecy/privacy of the potential customers involved. Seems like it was a "private event". The organizers have the rights to admission. We should respect that, it was not some road show or auto show for all to cram up and watch the fun.

Nitrous, you of all people must know the sort of wrong things that can happen on tracks, drags etc wrt to crowd control. The organizers were probably just trying to play it safe? Would you allow some strangers to gate crash at your "private party" just because they love to party and drink? I guess not .

Our crowd has to mature a lot before getting permission to attend such events. At one of the races @ KMS, when the Supra was doing some demo rounds, people should have watched the chaos the crowd was trying to create, some trying to jump the pit wall and run across the track etc.
Old 14th November 2009, 14:19   #32
Senior - BHPian

Even if it was 'entry by Invitation', not much crowd and only 6 people were 'just looking' at tht time. They should have atleast understood the basic that any person who love cars would definitely like to see around when somthing new displayed. It is the habit of human being. They can treat well their invitees but atleast should not kick out someone who came to see their car (and not anything else). Probably they may not be aware how much damage can be created because of insulting someone in TBHP like Nitrous. The message spreads just like that -180kmph or more ?
Do anyone have their email id - just send an email asking them to go through this forum?

Had they behaved well, this thread could have been tranformed into an free advertisement for them?
Old 14th November 2009, 16:57   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Yes. But, we weren't party crashers. We were pretty far from the event.

Yes, It was a 'firang' lady wearing a 'Lamborghini Spa' T-Shirt. And then, a guy from Delhi and a whole lot of others (perhaps locals too) gathered to send us off.

Trust me. Kawasaki are saint compared to Lambo.
Kawasaki are in NEED of enthusiasts for the promotion here. Not racers, but Bike fanatics.
Thats bad, time to flame lambo. Could you describe the setting a little more in detail please? Any pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Did they explain the reasons? Any customer dependent company has to be nice and explain things rather than just asking to go away.
At any of the autoshows abroad, even Porshe does not let us sit in some of their cars. You can only see them from afar. Its the same everywhere, nothing specific to India.
Not at all actually the Porsche showroom in Mumbai is quite warm and nice. Unless you decide to be a total *** and show up with your extended family and bunch of toddlers I guess you should be fine. I spent quality time with the Panamera actually.
Old 14th November 2009, 17:36   #34
BHPian

If it's an entry by invitation event, why was there a big Lamborghini Experience board welcoming people into the track. We had no idea on what kind of a event it was when we entered. No one even stoped us.

It was the way they wanted us to leave all of a sudden. There is no harm in we watching the bulls run or niether they being polite. And there were hardly any people there for us to be party crashing.
Old 14th November 2009, 17:49   #35
Senior - BHPian

Was it Lamborghini/VAG or just Exclusive Motors? From what I've heard, Exclusive is really bad when it comes to dealing with anybody at all.
Old 14th November 2009, 20:58   #36
Senior - BHPian

That's really sad. That's not the way to treat someone.Wonder if anyone of those firangi's could afford one.
Old 14th November 2009, 21:22   #37
BHPian

I am surprised from what I read here.

Most of the people support throwing those 6 people out. If this was Elections then it would be said that you deserved it(Majority Opinion Wins). LOL

I guess the only option for those 6 guys is to change their Dream Car.
Old 14th November 2009, 21:44   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
I am surprised from what I read here.

Most of the people support throwing those 6 people out.
It really depends on exactly what was happening at that event. If its something like a private event for Lamborghini and its customers, then I'm not surprised that they don't want uninvited people hanging around. But it would be nice if they'd asked them to leave in a polite way rather than how it appears to have been done.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 14th November 2009 at 21:48.
Old 14th November 2009, 21:48   #39
BHPian

I support you guys.They should have not asked you to leave because it's their fault that they have covered the place or should have kept a sign board as restircted entry or they should have asked you not to take pic,but you can watch the show at certain distance since it seems to be an private one.

This act clearly shows that they give respect to the potential customer and not others.

Why can't you send a mail to Lamborghini about this incident.

Last edited by Sudan_NFS : 14th November 2009 at 21:50.
Old 14th November 2009, 22:43   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

I think this blackout was more to do with protecting the identity/privacy of these uber wealthies.

Last edited by theMAG : 14th November 2009 at 22:54.
Old 15th November 2009, 12:07   #41
Team-BHP Support

That is a very unfortunate and forgettable incident. I'm sorry to hear about it Nitrous.

But you must keep in mind that entry was based on 'Invitation'. What I heard is that the invites were given to existing customers, prospective customers and Auto Journos. They wanted to keep it private by the looks of it and not everyone were welcome. Having said that, Exclusive Motors should recognize the interest that automobile enthusiasts have in Lamborghinis and the like. Again, if they allowed a handful in, everyone would want to witness the event and that would be hard for the organizers!

Exclusive Motors has known to be quite blunt in the past and they should change their outlook and attitude.
Old 15th November 2009, 13:14   #42
BHPian

Some party thrown by Lambo is sure to be as exclusive as its brand. Offcourse they didn't wanted any outsiders.
Nitrous can you explain in detail how far were you from the event? What statement was said to you by the officials? How was it said? All has to be taken into account.
Old 15th November 2009, 14:35   #43
BHPian

I really don't understand this 'privacy of the wealthies', its not like its a crime to buy a lambo or be rich, and if its such a security risk then the event should have been sealed off in a private farm, hotel, fenced off locations etc where you can control crowds better and protect privacy.
Old 15th November 2009, 15:39   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
I really don't understand this 'privacy of the wealthies', its not like its a crime to buy a lambo or be rich, and if its such a security risk then the event should have been sealed off in a private farm, hotel, fenced off locations etc where you can control crowds better and protect privacy.
Unfortunately, race tracks don't come with private farms and hotels

Jokes apart, Exclusive Motors should have handled the situation in a better way instead of shooing you'll off like rodents. Better hospitality and behavior is expected from people who sell exclusive and expensive cars.
Old 15th November 2009, 20:49   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I think this blackout was more to do with protecting the identity/privacy of these uber wealthies.
The only "uber" guy there was Gautam Singhania rest were normal rich folk. And knowing him I seriously doubt he would have asked anything that happened.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks