Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 23:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Sorry to go off topic, but wasnt this with some maharaja and Rolls Royce?
Maharaja of Patiala and Rolls Royce.
Old 14th November 2009, 03:17   #17
BHPian

Even i went to that event, i was really upset what happen in the track.

I never thought Lamborghini will treat their fans like what happen today.

It's like people with money should see and enjoy these cars and we not even supposed to look at it? i don't know what on earth is wrong with these people.
Old 14th November 2009, 03:50   #18
BHPian

Even though I feel this was wrong from all angles and the sales people should have known this basic fact. Don’t we all see the aspect of this being a "By Invitation Only" party. This sounds more like, am not here to watch the movie, let me atleast go into PVR and check out the posters.

The entire episode could have been managed better in my opinion. Easiest way could have been having a specific time for Mango People like me, who are handed an invitation post card as soon as I eagerly walk up for a specific date & time
Old 14th November 2009, 03:54   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Nitrous: Sorry to hear about your experience. I am quite surprised this happened, specially after hearing about the Lambo story and being treated with respect when I went to see the Parent company's flagship A8 at the dealer in Mumbai.
I pulled up in the fiesta, walked in, and was shown in detail the A8, A6.

Even in the states, I went to the Audi dealership in old clothes, a 7 year old car, and was still treated with respect.

I think you should write a letter to both Audi as well as Lamborghini about your experience.
An apology is badly needed. A TD would only make things better.
Old 14th November 2009, 05:46   #20
BHPian

Nitrous, If you are serious about this, send me a PM. I will be meeting a topshot at VW AG quite soon.
Old 14th November 2009, 06:04   #21
BHPian

I think everyone cannot be good, it takes a good person to indulge an enthusiast, or a professional. Snobbery and small mindedness unfortunately afflicts the best of us, especially employees of 'premium or 'wannabe premium' brands, somehow some of them seem to mistake petty arrogance and self importance for class.

As a Lamborghini employee what do you lose by letting an enthusiast get a feel of the car, sometimes people behave without understanding the impact they have on other people.
Old 14th November 2009, 06:43   #22
BHPian

Forget Lamborghini! Lets take something MUCH cheaper. I was interested in buying the Kawasaki Ninja 250, but Bajaj refused / refuses give me a test ride.

I think this all boils down to poor PR. And it gets even poorer when it comes to the Indian consumer market.

The sad thing is, there are LOADS of people who still went ahead and bought the bike without even test riding it. So, who cares about PR as long as their cash registers are still ringing.... right Nitrous??

PS: Sorry for going off topic a bit
Old 14th November 2009, 06:57   #23
Team-BHP Support

The Lambo India chaps are possibly a bunch of guys who do not know how to react in such a situation. It's the first time in their lives that they have had something this expensive to sell and they are just trying to show that they are "better" and "higher" than you.
Was this an "entry by invitation only" event?
Old 14th November 2009, 07:03   #24
BHPian

I don't believe that Lamborghini is fully to blame here. It has more to do with our mentality as a whole. And this is not just restricted to automobiles.

There is a deep rooted "status" classification in our mindset. Try walking into a prestigious restaurant or jewelery or apparel shop dressed in plain jane clothes and you will see what I mean.

We do not even have to look that far. Most of us are regular road users. Haven't we observed the difference in behaviour of fellow road users wrt to a Merc as against a M800?

That is the problem. Having said that, of course Lamborghini is also responsible in educating their staff on etiquette, but I suspect in this incident, most likely, the people who did this would be the Event Management agency's staff.

I hope one day we will also learn to treat fellow human beings with respect, no matter what their financial standing.

Rajan
Old 14th November 2009, 08:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

I am not surprised with the behaviour of the Lambo Officials in India. It happens. In India we tend to get over carried by these cars. I am not saying that what they did was good and professional. It was just that it could have been handled in a better way.

On one of my first trip to UK, I was staying near Birmingham and we were looking for a supermarket to buy some stuff, we crossed the Lambo showroom and my associate asked me - do you want to check it out ? I was not sure and I said NO as I thought it was out of my league to even enter the showroom and he insisted that I go and check it out. Well, I stepped out with another person and went inside only to be greeted by a very smart looking girl who asked me what was I looking for and I said I just wanted to look at the car - there was only one on display - I think a White Gallardo Spyder it was - I went in and took a stroll, touched the vehicle, peeked inside and even opened the door, had a look at the specs on a board, went to the counter and ended up buying a Lambo T Shirt ( cot me 50 quid / 4000 rs ). I was gifted a pack Of Lambo Cofee Cups free by the dealer

This was a nice experience and I am sure the dealer knew that I was not interested in buying the vehicle and I had made that clear to the person. BUT I should also state that when I entered the showroom the showroom had no one else inside, no visitors or customers, no people looking outside at the wondow, This would have been India they would have had security guards guarding the window !
Old 14th November 2009, 08:50   #26
Senior - BHPian

Ok quick question were the guys who came to you Indian or firangs? Moreso were they really Automobili Lamborgnini SpA employees? Because I seriously doubt they would bother a bunch of guys sitting in a car ogling at people thrashing around cars on the track. Please detail it a bit more.
Old 14th November 2009, 09:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

I was suppose to be attending the event also with my friend, unfortunately some scheduling conflict happened, because of which I couldn't go.

Anyhow, I understand your point, but some of the people have brought up good points. I believe it was an invitation only event, so some sort of restrictions are expected at such places anywhere in the world, not just india.

Could it also not be that people(customers or potential customers) who were there didnt want their pictures taken, it could very well be seen as a security risk? Why do we blur the license plate when we post pictures, just because we dont want to reveal identities. The guy who asked you to leave could also have been thinking of that?

Again I am not justifying their actions(because it could have been handled better), just providing possibilities, because there is never a single side to the story.

Sorry to hear it anyways..
Old 14th November 2009, 09:52   #28
BHPian

Just one question. How many people were there around, "just looking!" at that time? Volvo brought their stuff to Cochin for the Ocean Race. When I went there, they had to fall back into setting up a line, where people just walk in a single file line, almost like a funeral viewing. Can't blame Volvo. We, the nice motorheads of Cochin had done enough damage to their stuff already.
Old 14th November 2009, 13:35   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya
Was this an "entry by invitation only" event?
Yes. But, we weren't party crashers. We were pretty far from the event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchyboy
most likely, the people who did this would be the Event Management agency's staff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw
were the guys who came to you Indian or firangs? Moreso were they really Automobili Lamborgnini SpA employees?
Yes, It was a 'firang' lady wearing a 'Lamborghini Spa' T-Shirt. And then, a guy from Delhi and a whole lot of others (perhaps locals too) gathered to send us off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DileepKS
How many people were there around, "just looking!" at that time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorpayne
Lets take something MUCH cheaper. I was interested in buying the Kawasaki Ninja 250, but Bajaj refused / refuses give me a test ride.
Trust me. Kawasaki are saint compared to Lambo.
Kawasaki are in NEED of enthusiasts for the promotion here. Not racers, but Bike fanatics.
Old 14th November 2009, 13:53   #30
Senior - BHPian

Did they explain the reasons? Any customer dependent company has to be nice and explain things rather than just asking to go away.
At any of the autoshows abroad, even Porshe does not let us sit in some of their cars. You can only see them from afar. Its the same everywhere, nothing specific to India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks