Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:03   #16
BHPian

no second thoughts about it. If I want something I am not too worried even if the whole world has it.

If you like something go ahead with it. And enjoy your new purchase
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:12   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

A person's choice of car as well as its colour is an intensely personal "heart driven" choice. Therefore (considering that most of us generally operate our buying and selling in the "mass produced" car market and not in the "custom built" one), there is really not much chance of "exclusivity" should one desire it.
I would simply buy whatever vehicle and whatever colour I like at that point and then add something of my own likes and personality onto the vehicle to make it in a sense uniquely mine.
Old 23rd November 2009, 14:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

Dont worry about the car next door owned, what if may be the same colour, you have your own choice and opinion, so go with that.Add somethings on your taste and get it unique from others.Enjoy.
Old 23rd November 2009, 14:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

Haha! Go with brick red if you like it. Don't worry about the neighbors car color. Personally however, I like black on the ritz - it looks really cool
Old 23rd November 2009, 14:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

IMO go for the red one itself. Hope you have seen the advt where a guy cleans the whole car and then later on after cleaning some other person comes and takes the car and then he realizes that his car is standing behind the car which he washed. Same way i feel keep your car next to his and who knows if you are lucky he might be washing you car. So it is good to have same color and still OT if you have bashed someone on the road and if you have escaped then parking your car next his will make your car safe as they will not recognize(thinking that they have not seen the number) but if you are unlucky then they might damage both the cars.
Old 23rd November 2009, 15:05   #21
BHPian

Go for the colour that you like the most. Why base that decision on someone else's colour choice? Anyway, since you say your neighbour has not customised his ride in any way, it'll be easy to differentiate your car from his.

Best customisation - put on some t-bhp stickers!
Old 23rd November 2009, 15:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

I will buy my choice of color - regardless of how many other people (including neighbours) have it..

My pick will be a black Ritz.
Old 23rd November 2009, 15:20   #23
Senior - BHPian

if i were you, i would buy the red ritz and personalise it as per my taste and needs.

why should i worry about the neighbour as to what he buys or dont!

you have unlimited choices as to what you can do to your red ritz as to make it different and better from his car!

go with the flow dude....Free Flow!
Old 23rd November 2009, 15:45   #24
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I would! Even if there are half a dozen cars of the same make/color in the neighborhood.
Old 26th November 2009, 16:31   #25
lsp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
there are multiple options to customize your car, so that it should be recognizable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Some nice alloys and tints will set it apart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
May I suggest Team-bhp stickers all around as a differentiator?
Here's an idea - How about the registration number for a differentiator!!

Dude, dont worry. My neighbor and I had silver colored Santros. It really doesnt make a difference what color your neighbors car is. If at all, its an indication that the color you bought is something that everyone likes and suits the car very much.
Old 28th November 2009, 12:26   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Some nice alloys and tints will set it apart.
Thanks all for your kind advice. It helped me a lot.
Do tints(black) look good on a brick red car ?
I somewhat get the imaginative feeling that it wont look so good.

Though I agree on other types of customizations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
I will buy my choice of color - regardless of how many other people (including neighbours) have it..

My pick will be a black Ritz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Haha! Go with brick red if you like it. Don't worry about the neighbors car color. Personally however, I like black on the ritz - it looks really cool
I thought about black also, but already have my black motorbike.
Also my parents were against black (They were infact recommending white).
Old 11th November 2010, 20:02   #27
BHPian

Seriously. I would prefer my choice. Its like saying, if he jumps in a well, would you follow? This reminds me of a South Park episode in which the entire town switches to driving hybrids! I think it was called Smug Alert! Hilarious!

Last edited by GTO : 10th March 2015 at 14:07. Reason: No inappropriate references on Team-BHP please
Old 11th November 2010, 20:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

If its a car I like and suits my needs, yes. Why not? Damned be my neighbour, its my car, my money.

Would you not buy a red Ferrari/Yellow Lambo just because your neighbor has one??
Old 11th November 2010, 20:27   #29
BHPian

I have a better idea you can cover your car with a different coloured car cover in this way it will not look same coloured when ever you see them both together, and wait till he gets away everyday and then you can remove your car cover and move. In the same way while parking try to come home before he does and immediately cover your car if its not possible park your vehicle away and ask others help
Old 12th November 2010, 01:29   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
If its a car I like and suits my needs, yes. Why not? Damned be my neighbour, its my car, my money.

Would you not buy a red Ferrari/Yellow Lambo just because your neighbor has one??
Yea a red Ferrari if I had the moolah! Thats there. I have visited a forum here where they had 2 similar Skoda vRS side by side in a photo-shoot. One was a yellow vRS sedan and the other was a yellow vRS station wagon. The surroundings really complimented both the beasts! Not sure if they are neighbours though!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks