Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2009, 11:39   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Fiat cars are show stoppers where ever they go and I spotted atleast 15 Fiat cars on the Chickmagalur- Mysore highway yesterday.
OT, but I am not getting this point. 15 Fiat cars stranded on the same highway? It could be some PUG meet!!

If you are making a point that Fiat cars aren't reliable, I'd beg to disagree. 4 years with my Palio and she never left me stranded on any road. Once tailgated and my car hit another one in the front, nothing happened to the bumpers. While driving a Petra 1.6, had a head on at low speeds with a truck and bonnet was ripped totally, still drove about 350 Kms to home!

Last edited by clevermax : 30th November 2009 at 11:42.
Old 30th November 2009, 11:46   #32
Senior - BHPian

@all.... Linea isnt CRAMPED!
Old 30th November 2009, 11:52   #33
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
OT, but I am not getting this point. 15 Fiat cars stranded on the same highway? It could be some PUG meet!!

If you are making a point that Fiat cars aren't reliable, I'd beg to disagree. 4 years with my Palio and she never left me stranded on any road. Once tailgated and my car hit another one in the front, nothing happened to the bumpers. While driving a Petra 1.6, had a head on at low speeds with a truck and bonnet was ripped totally, still drove about 350 Kms to home!
OMG. You have totally misunderstood my post. I spotted perfectly healthy Fiat cars and you can take mine as the 16th one. Please revist my earlier post.
Old 30th November 2009, 12:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

IMO, comparison between a hatch and sedan is not fully supportive.
may be the price tag will be same and the features will be same but the ride quality,
comfort will be different. 5 people on board with full of luggage in the boot and around 120/140kmph in the highway - you should certainly feel the difference ina sedan and thats for the sedan's are designed.

People may have different opinion, but I feel there is ride/comfort difference between these two segments.
Old 30th November 2009, 12:10   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
OMG. You have totally misunderstood my post. I spotted perfectly healthy Fiat cars and you can take mine as the 16th one. Please revist my earlier post.
He he

What confused me is the usage of 'show stoppers' which would relate to a break down in the car context

Now coming to your originally meant point, I agree. While I was driving my Punto from Cochin to Kollam last weekend, I noticed that Punto is a head turner.
Old 30th November 2009, 12:25   #36
BHPian

First of all, it's totally unfair to compare apples to oranges. Jazz should be compared with Punto and i20.
If someone has a budget of 7.5 lacs and he is already having a full blown sedan, than Jazz makes sense to me. Else, it's Linea all the way - no cramped interiors, full blown sedan, loads of features, great driving pleasure, excellent brakes......in city traffic my Punto is great to drive (Linea shares the same engine) and is giving me an average of 12.5 km/l consistently.
Old 30th November 2009, 12:55   #37
Senior - BHPian

[quote=srikanths1;1605698]I do not understand this obsession with sedans - why cant a (premium) hatch be compared against a sedan if the hatch is worth it. Look at his verdict from a performance angle (I do not know how good the jazz is but i do know the current linea engine is not upto "that" mark)...

I've heard that the Linea is a little underpowered but a friend of mine( a team BHPian) who has recently bought a Linea Emotion 1.3 MJD told me that he was able to touch 200 km/h in his Linea and I was like .
Old 30th November 2009, 12:58   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
I've heard that the Linea is a little underpowered but a friend of mine( a team BHPian) who has recently bought a Linea Emotion 1.3 MJD told me that he was able to touch 200 km/h in his Linea and I was like .
MJD? He was lying.... A colleague of mine managed around 160Kmph in his stock Linea though.
Old 30th November 2009, 13:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
MJD? He was lying.... A colleague of mine managed around 160Kmph in his stock Linea though.
And the company's claimed top speed is around 170km/h I guess...
Old 30th November 2009, 13:26   #40
BHPian

there is this unique think about these auto shows , what they say or do is completly off the track . who so ever may it conduct or how reputed the brand name is of the show , they seems to be always vague.
long live TOP GEAR show , never has n never will the show like that will ever placed on the tv.
indian auto shows are absolutle rubbish.
Old 30th November 2009, 14:20   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKR View Post
AnonymousCoward,
Would like to add some points which you seem to have missed,

add to this, snobbish salesmen, arrogant service advisers, expensive spares, spartan features, just enough power, fuel efficient, no boot and finally on the price, saying that the price is on the higher side would be an understatement.

add to this, good build quality(body), excellent ride and handling(both low and high speed), good fuel efficiency, long service intervals, power is just sufficient but not a pocket rocket.
Now pick your choice!!!

But as Clevermax said, it would be good if you could decide whether you want a sedan or a hatch, before doing the comparisons.

Cheers,
UKR
@UKR, a point by point response to this will become another brand war, so let me stop short of that. Jazz does most of the things right while Linea outperforms in some and underperforms in many.

There is no doubt in my mind though that with Jazz, you will end up with *much* better ownership experience in many aspects (in city driving, parking, large space inside, better FE for a petrol car, after sales service are some of them). The assumption here is that a person has the budget to go for Jazz, so let us not discuss the price. (It is ridiculously priced anyways)

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
@all.... Linea isnt CRAMPED!
ET, that's relative. Linea IS cramped compared to Jazz.

Last edited by AnonymousCoward : 30th November 2009 at 14:23.
Old 30th November 2009, 14:25   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
ET, that's relative. Linea IS cramped compared to Jazz.
uh oh.... as far as I know Jazz isnt a limousine. Linea isnt Cramped compared to Jazz.
Fiat Linea Rear Legroom: 860 mm (from autocar)
Honda Jazz Rear Legroom: 870 mm (2009 Honda Fit Specs)

Bear in mind I havent included the front legroom here. Of all we know Linea might turn out to be more spacious overall.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 30th November 2009 at 14:37.
Old 30th November 2009, 14:41   #43
Senior - BHPian

It would have made more sense if he compared with i20 or Punto. From where the heck did Linea came in.

We could've played a slide at the bottom to log on to: Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home.
Old 30th November 2009, 15:06   #44
BHPian

Linea has dimensions of a Civic/Corolla (Size-wise).
You can call it cramped when comparing in that segment.
But calling it cramped w.r.t Jazz is crazy!
Old 30th November 2009, 15:27   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Hi all,

I was just watching the Overdrive on CNN-IBN just a while back. Someone asks a question to the VJ: Which car should I buy under Rs. 7.5 lacs? Daily run 20km with occasional highway run.

The verdict: Honda Jazz. It is modern. More spacious. Linea, though good-looking, is a bit cramped inside. Engine: Jazz has 1.2 which is definitely better than 1.4 motor of Linea. Go for Honda Jazz. If you don't care about a boot that doesn't anyway serve much purpose, Jazz is the car for anyone.

What do you think?
I'll stick to the question and just answer to it!

A good number of such questions to Auto Magazines or TV shows are pretty much cooked up so please ignore them. Read through ACI - Fabia will be suggested in quite a lot of occasions.

P.S:
1. If you want to get an opinion of Hatchbacks Vs Sedans then I think there might be an thread already or may be start a new one.
2. Yes, Indians are obsessed with sedans and what's wrong with it? To each his own.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks