Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2009, 08:08   #31
BHPian

As per the Autocar India website, Maruti Suzuki is launching the facelifted WagonR here in India. It might be their new small car with some major upgrades.
Here is the link:
Autocar India Forum: New Wagon R in Mar '10
Old 21st December 2009, 11:50   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
As per the Autocar India website, Maruti Suzuki is launching the facelifted WagonR here in India. It might be their new small car with some major upgrades.
Here is the link:
Autocar India Forum: New Wagon R in Mar '10

Page not found buddy.

This shouldn't be one of those variants. A major facelift for the WagonR is due. I liked the second generation of the WagonR more.

The 4th generation WagonR looks nice [Attaching pictures]. Will this be coming here? This car with a KB12 will do wonders.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti's new small car-wagonr-1.jpg  

Maruti's new small car-wagonr-2.jpg  

Maruti's new small car-wagonr-3.jpg  

Old 21st December 2009, 12:05   #33
Senior - BHPian

This one looks extremely large. And that boxy design means that interior space should be class leading.
Old 21st December 2009, 12:07   #34
Senior - BHPian

I sincerely hope this is the model they bring in. The interior may be a bit toned down but the exterior looks way better than the one we have get currently.
Old 21st December 2009, 13:25   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
I sincerely hope this is the model they bring in. The interior may be a bit toned down but the exterior looks way better than the one we have get currently.
This one looks impressive, especially the interiors. If they given an AT version, it will be superb (a definite winner). However, the rear has gone back to the 1st and 2nd Gen looks (License plate on the bumper)
Old 21st December 2009, 13:41   #36
Senior - BHPian

seems that wagonR would surely be coming this auto expo along with new 800, Omni and Versa.some shots of new gen wagonR which might come, not sure though.
pictures arent of proper size, mods please delete this post and ill try to post better pictures with proper sizing.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti's new small car-wagonr4l1.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by vijaythacker : 21st December 2009 at 13:44.
Old 21st December 2009, 13:46   #37
BHPian

Suzuki has release The Japanses Also in DEC 17 picture here Suzuki Launch Japannese Suzuki Alto | autoten.com
rumore that this car will be in India in 2011
Old 21st December 2009, 13:47   #38
BHPian

i dont understand why everytime the news reads like this , this upgrade , change , this perticular model,this new grill n bumpers etc etc are desinged by maruti engineers in house only . everybody knows its balant LIE ! why suzuki still wants to play things like this to show that how much we are indian and on international scene its exect opposite of that they say everything is done by suzuki and maruti is just insignificance to us .
Old 21st December 2009, 13:51   #39
Senior - BHPian

Just hope that MUL's next small car is not a fashion disaster like its recent launches-
The Estilo, A Star and the ugly looking Ritz.

Just failed to understand jut one thing?
Where did the designers in the MUL stable go?
Old 21st December 2009, 14:11   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Page not found buddy.

This shouldn't be one of those variants. A major facelift for the WagonR is due. I liked the second generation of the WagonR more.

The 4th generation WagonR looks nice [Attaching pictures]. Will this be coming here? This car with a KB12 will do wonders.
Seems similar to the photo you posted
Facelifted Maruti WagonR to be rolled out by March 2010-WheelsUnplugged Automobile Industry News
Old 21st December 2009, 14:13   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Where did the designers in the MUL stable go?
Probably to FIAT.

I wonder if anyone noticed the interior pics I put up. I has two glove boxes. Interior space seems good.

Suzuki please launch this or the Cervo.
Old 21st December 2009, 15:36   #42
BANNED

Hm... the auto gear box is integrated to the dash ! a room for 3rd occupant at front if they provide the front seat like in the old Ambassador .
Old 21st December 2009, 15:47   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
i dont understand why everytime the news reads like this , this upgrade , change , this perticular model,this new grill n bumpers etc etc are desinged by maruti engineers in house only . everybody knows its balant LIE !
I don't think so. The facelifted( ) Zen that came out before the Estilo was an in house job. AFAIK , the Dzire was also an inhouse job with inputs from Japanese engineers. This contraption is sold only in India. That said, I think even the Japanese engineers couldn't have done more with the Swift. This car was designed to be a hatchback. The boot is a cut paste job. Given the limited options avilable to Maruti engineers WRT cost factor and price point, I don't think they had much leeway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
why suzuki still wants to play things like this to show that how much we are indian and on international scene its exect opposite of that they say everything is done by suzuki and maruti is just insignificance to us .
I don't think Suzuki would be in existence today if it were not for Maruti. They need Maruti more than Maruti needs Suzuki. Maruti sells more vehicles in India than Suzuki does in Japan inspite of the fact that Suzuki has a much wider model range on sale in Japan.

Last edited by longhorn : 21st December 2009 at 15:49.
Old 21st December 2009, 19:21   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Page not found buddy.

Charming looks for the new wagon R
Old 21st December 2009, 21:25   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Hm... the auto gear box is integrated to the dash ! a room for 3rd occupant at front if they provide the front seat like in the old Ambassador .

Dont think that would be possible due to seatbelt harness locations.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks