Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:38   #31
BHPian

Good job done Rajesh. Pleased to see the complete spectrum of vehicles in the price range of an average indianbuyer.

Have sent the referance of the same to some of my family members mulling new purchases in near future and everyone was pleased. Needless to say teambhp is 'The' site for indian automobiles.

Please expand the list for all the metros since there is price difference for northern and southern India.
Old 1st February 2010, 21:27   #32
Senior - BHPian

Great work Rajesh, way to go!!!

Some suggestions:
1. Instead of using the image of the car each time for each variant, you could have just one image. And then have a horizontal bar with yellow dots on the bar indicating each variant. This way, the spread of price for variants can be better expressed. This approach takes less vertical space as well.

2. Most buyers prefer to compare cars based on the price range. Hence it is good idea to consider arranging cars belonging to a price range together even if they belong to different manufacturers. Basically, you could have two types of views - manufacturer view (currently shown) and price-based view.

3. Kindly expand your horizon to include the Lauras, Jettas, CRVs, Endeavors and Fortuners.
Old 1st February 2010, 22:14   #33
BHPian

Superb and very informative. As prakash told, it will be nice if we have the model name so that the non experts like me will know which model is referred.
Old 2nd February 2010, 00:37   #34
BHPian

Excellent job.....Please release the updated one every month or at least once in a quarter.....
Old 29th March 2010, 15:09   #35
BHPian

Update:

I am planning to work on the next edition (Q1 2010). It was supposed to start the work in March first week. But delayed due to other factors. But the delay is good in another way. We have a couple of new introductions to be included in.

Updating the guide with prices of every metro is a tedious task. So I've decided to select metros in a cyclic fashion. This time I would go for Mumbai. Additionally, I plan to add a section, where models are listed according to the price. I also plan to add the tech specs, along with select Ownership reviews, TD/FD reviews found in TBHP of each vehicles will be covered this time.

I estimate this month end to get this edition done..

- Rajesh
Old 17th November 2010, 15:32   #36
BHPian

Delays.. Delays.. Anyway, the TUPM for 2010 is coming up. I am doing the preliminary data collection works now. Will take a month time to publish the TUPM 2010. Well.. It will be even better than the 2009 edition with many requested features and more pages, covering most budgets.

- Rajesh
Old 19th November 2010, 14:29   #37
BHPian

Superb compication.Really useful..thanks a lot mate
Old 19th November 2010, 14:30   #38
BHPian

Superb compilation.Really useful..thanks a lot mate
Old 23rd November 2010, 17:03   #39
BHPian

Guys, I am in need of help. I am preparing the details of all cars from the manufacturers website. For this edition, I've picked up the following parameters

- Length
- Width
- Height
- Wheelbase
- Ground Clearance
- Kerb Weight
- Turn Radius
- Engine (CC)
- Fuel
- BHP
- Torque
- Gears
- Brakes
- Tyres
- Safety
- Price

So far, I've collected for Maruti, Hyundai and some of TATA cars. I'd like to invite interested people, who can help collecting the data for other manufacturers as well. That will speed up the job. :-)

I've published a Excel sheet online with recently collected data for your idea.Click the link below to view it.

Price Map Guide - Online Spreadsheet

Anybody interested? Please PM me. We shall discuss.

- Rajesh

Last edited by rajeshsundaram : 23rd November 2010 at 17:04. Reason: Edited the link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks