Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 12:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Do not listen to teh dealer on taking it there with no problems.

Dont register the car in NOIDA (if pending) and take it to Hyderabad with all the manufacturer forms for RTO(dont remember the numbers)and Invoice etc with a temp number.

Register it directly in Hyderabad (check their RTO website) and pay the road tax etc there only.

Non-AP registered car will have problem in Hyderabad and you might face harrassment with the local traffic/ RTO people, eventually making you pay twice, for the road tax there also.
+1

Not a good idea to keep UP registration when you are staying in AP. Especially if there is some violence in city roads, its more likely that outside registered cars are vandalized. This happens regularly in Bangalore, when there is some Pro-Kannada related violence people target TN and other outside registered vehicle 1st.
Old 8th January 2010, 13:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Has the car already been invoiced? If not get the invoice on your Hyderabad address and go to the RTO if the Form 21, 22 and your car will be registered. If its already invoiced on your Noida address, then you will have to register it in Noida and then apply for N.O.C and do the whole shebang.
Old 8th January 2010, 14:04   #18
BANNED

I am not sure, but if AP, like Kerala has entry tax (substitude for sales tax on vehicles purchased outside the state), you may have to produce proof of paying entry tax before registering the car in AP.

Otherwise, IIRC, you have 30 days time from date of delivery for registering the car in AP/HYD.

Whatever, do registeration in HYD only. Remember to take a "TC" registration from the locality where the dealer is situated - NOT your NOIDA address. (NOIDA).

So, I am looking forward to NOIDA - HYD travelouge in the Nano.
Old 8th January 2010, 14:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Do not agree to your dealer to register the car in Noida. If one go and settle in other state with the car then within 6 months time you will have transfer the registration etc to your present place which is little lengthy proceedure.(This is what I was told when I tried to transfer a TN registered car to Kerala and the advise was given by the Automobile Association)
I think you can get the temporary registration at Noida and then drive down the car to Hyderabad and register there.
Suggest you search Motor Vehicle Department website (AP) and see the rules and regulations in this respect?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks