Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2010, 12:30   #16
BHPian

fluence is a beauty,but i think there should be some changes on the front end of the koleos,i dont think such a front end will be accepted here easily
Old 14th February 2010, 13:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Surprisingly, there was no mention of the Sandero in the press release.
I think the Sandero will be a Mahindra-Renault venture,while the Fluence and Koleos are Nissan-Renault ventures.

They should get the Sandero here first,and I think they will.This car looks a zillion times better than the sad Logan,and the designers have really done a fantastic job of neatly hiding its Logan roots!

The Sandero has immense potential in the Indian market,if Mahindra-Renault get the pricing right
Old 14th February 2010, 20:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

I think whats stopping Renault from launching the Sandero is the existing engines, Renault has to offer in India. Both engines used in the Logan, petrol - 1390cc and diesel - 1598cc do not meet the small car norms. Wish they had planned better!!
Old 15th February 2010, 00:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
I think whats stopping Renault from launching the Sandero is the existing engines, Renault has to offer in India. Both engines used in the Logan, petrol - 1390cc and diesel - 1598cc do not meet the small car norms. Wish they had planned better!!
Actually the diesel is under 1500 cc and hence meets the norms. In fact from what i read in autocar, its going to be the engine for six of the renault-nissan cars to be launched here. I do hope they upgrade it though, 65 bhp can at best be described as lazy

As regards to the petrol i do hope they launch a new gen(4 pot, DOHC) engine like the Maruti K series/Hyundai 1.2 kappa/Honda 1.2L and not an old outdated engine like Fiat and VW have done.
Old 15th February 2010, 17:04   #20
BHPian

Both the cars look great, but i think what matters is how Renault move up the lader beating its bad name due it is Logan. I remember seeing some news that Renault would have direct sales instead of JV
Old 16th February 2010, 02:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post
Actually the diesel is under 1500 cc and hence meets the norms.
My bad.. its 1461cc.
Old 14th May 2010, 22:58   #22
abk
BHPian

5 models by 2013 - TOI

Article on today's TOI:
French auto maker Renault on Wednesday said it will launch five new models, including a compact car, in India between 2011 and 2013.

In the run-up to the planned launch of its first products -- luxury sedan Fluence and crossover vehicle Koleos -- in mid-2011, the company has charted out an aggressive dealership network expansion plan in India, aiming at 70 outlets by 2013.

It is also gearing up for a media and advertising campaign, for which it has called for multi-agency pitch.

"A three-year roadmap between 2011 and 2013 has been charted out with five products, including a small hatchback, identified to be launched in India," a senior official of Renault India told media.

The company said it plans to launch the Fluence and the Koleos in 2011, followed by a full range of cars from its global portfolio.

Following the 2011 launch of the two cars, Renault plans to open 70 dealerships across tier-I and II cities and the project will be completed by the end of 2013.

"Initially, there will be about 7-8 dealers in metros when the first two products are launched in 2011, but parallel development of dealerships in smaller cities will take place," the official said.

The company is also getting ready for a marketing and advertising blitz in India in the run up to the launches and agencies have been asked to submit their credentials.

"The agency that we choose will be for a period of three years. We have already started calling agencies and by July we should know who will handle our account," the official said.

Renault India Country General Manager and Managing Director Marc Nassif said the company has a detailed ramp up plan for 2010, which essentially sets the base for the products to be launched between 2011 and 2013.

"Branding becomes one of the key pillars to this challenge," Nassif added.

During the Delhi Auto Expo earlier this year, Renault had announced that the Fluence and Koleos would be rolled out from its Rs 5,000 crore Chennai plant, jointly developed with Nissan.

Source: Renault to launch 5 models by 2013, revs up dealership network - News - Zigwheels
Old 15th May 2010, 00:04   #23
Team-BHP Support

If Koleos comes to India with a good engine and a 4X4, that would fight the Yeti.
Knowing Renault, they may price it in the 10-15 range, taking the Yeti head on.

The look are also good.
Old 15th May 2010, 10:48   #24
BHPian

Definitely koleos and fluence look good but what about renault products reliability
Old 15th May 2010, 19:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

It will be interesting to see how renault does its brand positioning.After being associated with a no frills sedan like the logan which a was a disaster,it now wants to sell D-segment cars.Quite a task.
Old 28th May 2010, 22:42   #26
BHPian

Just like what FIAT did with the Linea, Renault can do with the Fluence. launch the base petrol at 10.xx lakhs and top of the line diesel at 13.xx lakhs atleast for a year till the sales pick up and people are open to buying a 10.xx lakh + renault in India. Pricing it so will let fluence take the fight from linea/City to Altis/Laura.

2 years in the UK and I have seen lot of Renaults there, especially the meganes,clios and Renault does very well in terms of sales sadly it will have to go thru the same ordeal like FIAT to prove its mettle in India as the average joes only connection with Renault is Logan.\

But being European it wouldnt be wrong to expect the same level of sturdiness and safety in their cars.

Last edited by MihirC : 28th May 2010 at 22:53.
Old 29th May 2010, 18:30   #27
BANNED

The body looks fantastic but the interior is a bit bland for my tastes (based on the pictures in previous page) - a typical french approach. I understand it has a kind of retro appeal to it but am not sure how much it will go well with buyers. (why do you think people complaint a lot about bland interiors in corolla despite being the best seller in the segment). Also given the current engine options, the pricing would make or break the market for fluence. If they get the 1.6 engine and price it around the H.City bracket, then it may emerge as a good winner. If they get the 2.0L engine and price it around the Corralla's and civics they have tough competition ahead of them.

This segment is in for a rude shock if the New Lancer makes it entry. If Mitsubishi gets it act right it will prove to be a benchmark car at this segment (please am not biased). There is going to be a healthy competition amongst the corollas, civics, cruze, (upcoming)fluence, (upcoming)New Lancer, Skodas (1.8 tsi) and others if any.

Last edited by srikanths1 : 29th May 2010 at 18:31.
Old 29th May 2010, 19:06   #28
BHPian

Spotted a Renault a couple of days back in Chennai with temporary number plates. The front of the car was masked. Looked more like a Renault Kangoo.
Old 7th June 2010, 16:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Renault's growth plans for India

Here is the link to Renault's Indian plans (courtesy Autocar India):

Renault?s growth plan for India | Autocar India

Good news for India, Duster is planned & will be launched in the Rs7-8 Lacs range. Present Clio could also be launched, once it is phased out in Europe, & the tooling can be brought to India (...are we going to see something similar to Figo?).

Fluence will be launched in the Rs12-13 lacs range (, not confident that it is the right pricing for a Renault, especially after Logan) in 2011, & Koleos by end-2011 in Rs16-18 lacs range (... this is a different thing).
Old 7th June 2010, 16:50   #30
BHPian

You've nailed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
The body looks fantastic but the interior is a bit bland for my tastes (based on the pictures in previous page) - a typical french approach. I understand it has a kind of retro appeal to it but am not sure how much it will go well with buyers. (why do you think people complaint a lot about bland interiors in corolla despite being the best seller in the segment). Also given the current engine options, the pricing would make or break the market for fluence. If they get the 1.6 engine and price it around the H.City bracket, then it may emerge as a good winner. If they get the 2.0L engine and price it around the Corralla's and civics they have tough competition ahead of them.

This segment is in for a rude shock if the New Lancer makes it entry. If Mitsubishi gets it act right it will prove to be a benchmark car at this segment (please am not biased). There is going to be a healthy competition amongst the corollas, civics, cruze, (upcoming)fluence, (upcoming)New Lancer, Skodas (1.8 tsi) and others if any.
You' ve nailed it rightly mate. Pricing the 1.6 110 bhp top of the line petrol at 10.xx lakhs towards 11L(ANHC V MT) with all the bells and whistles like keyless entry, GPRS etc then they have a good chance of pulling thru in the cut throat market. It will be a bit underpowered though compared to the likes of altis and civic. the 2.0 ltr version if they price at around 11.XX L for the manual and a lakh premium for the CVT, it would still be enough to give a tough fight to the japanese. Not having a diesel would be suicide in this category.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a 2.0 ltr 140bhp top of the line for 11.XX L. yummy

PS: I love the side rear curtains , they look so cool man and feel so much more premium.

Last edited by MihirC : 7th June 2010 at 17:10.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks