Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 14:58   #16
BANNED

I wish they had also put up a plaque - Sorry customers. We shall try and improve our service!!!!
Old 8th January 2010, 15:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Here is the REAL McCoy (or should I say Yeti)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...0-p1030771.jpg
When the Yeti (the car i mean) is launched we should collectively ask him to treat us with an initial report.
Old 8th January 2010, 15:20   #18
Team-BHP Support

Do they have any news on the Petrol Option?

@Shankar,

Sorry for the late response for the comments you had made to my post on the erstwhile Yeti thread which is closed.
Quote:
For example an SUV enthusiast who does about 1500-1800 kms per month average including city and out-station trips and at the same time keeps an eye on his pocket, would probably opt for a Brand new less expensive Diesel SUV or even an used upper-segment Diesel SUV because he may not be able to afford the high asking price of the Skoda top end Diesel! I m reasonably sure he wont consider the Petrol option at all on account of the recurring fuel costs.
I do agree with your comments. All I meant is for folks driving vehicles like fusion (e.g me), if you offer a petrol SUV 12-13L range with similar FE, at least I would be happy to take it. I wont worry about petrol cost because, I will manage with expenses, as it will be not more than my current fuel consumption profile.

The vehicle will stand somewhere between a soft roader and a true SUV. Dynamics being much better than vehicles like CRV.
That is why I had mentioned that folks who go out for once in three months for about 500-1000 Km should be OK with it. I am not a real long distance driver. But yes the point is similar FE as I get today. Else it would a disaster.

Quote:
I am not quite sure how many people who are actually driving hatchbacks at the present moment and who want to graduate to a "smaller SUV", will actually be able to afford the Skoda prices - in India Skoda signifies entry level luxury and is priced accordingly. I mean to say that not everyone can afford the semi-quantum leap from a Rs 5-6 lac hatch to a 13-14 lac SUV.
By hatches I meant in the range of 7-10L. Vehicles like Jazz, i20 Asta, Fabia and esp. Fusion. Though its a niche market, but I guess it is sizable.

Quote:
Most people graduate step by step I think - but this is certainly a viable option for SUV enthusiasts (with the cash) who may be wishing to upgrade from their current 8-10 lac priced Sedans and 9-11 lac priced Indian made SUV's to one with an International pedigree at about 14-15 lacs. The leap, per se, will still be expensive! EMI payout - 3 year option will be a large sum - even the 5 year option will be considerable. Mostly because most cars are anyway bought on loan and the max one gets in hand from the sale of most types of cars post-loan foreclosure would be about 2 lacs odd - and its not everyone who can casually bung in another 2-3 lacs more and make a 5-6 lac down-payment in order to reduce the loan amount being taken for a 14-16 -18 lac vehicle!
Totally agree with you. This is what I had meant for folks who own the high end hatch backs.

Quote:
Then again the question remains about the fuel used for TSI engines. I had asked the same in a different post. Skoda recommends 95 Octane fuel, which is not available in India. How are TSI engine owners bearing with this?
This is what which is worrying for a long time. Anyway I have some more time to go before the lease of my second car completes. I sincerely hope by that time, Yeti prices would be in an affordable range and servicing would have improved.
Old 8th January 2010, 17:01   #19
BHPian

The Yeti looks good for success in the market . Interior quality was top notch , its 4WD and it has a diesel .
Old 8th January 2010, 17:38   #20
BHPian

I always feel Skoda is the best when it comes to Paint finish. These pictures just confirms that.
Old 8th January 2010, 20:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

the yeti & the laura rs looks awesome. would love to see them here. good going skoda.
but the customer service should also be improved.
Old 9th January 2010, 18:46   #22
BHPian

Skoda Yeti India cost

Skoda’s Yeti to hit Indian roads in H2 of 2010

Please look up the above article in The Financial Express dated 30/31 December 2009. I quote in part:

"New Delhi: Expanding its product portfolio in the country, SkodaAuto India will launch its sport utility vehicle (SUV) Yeti in India during the second half of 2010. The vehicle, which was launched in the global markets around five months back, will be showcased at the upcoming auto expo in January and is expected to be priced around Rs 20 lakh, similar to Chevrolet Captiva and Honda CR-V."

Rs 20 lakh will take it out of reach of many who were looking for prices of around 10 to 12 lakhs.
Old 9th January 2010, 19:22   #23
BHPian

Skoda Yeti UK pdf brochure for download

Found a lot of discussion on size etc of the Skoda Yeti on another thread that has been closed. Please find extensive info in the Skoda Yeti 28 page pdf brochure available for download on the Skoda UK site. Plenty of pictures, info on dimensions (the height up to the roof rails is 1691 mm), cost, features, specs, variants, colors, (the all important!) fuel efficiency, accessories etc etc

http://www.skoda.co.uk/pdf/brochure_yeti.pdf
Old 9th January 2010, 19:32   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

R,

Did you guys notice any difference/initiative by Skoda towards their now well-known Indian nightmare services ?
Old 9th January 2010, 23:35   #25
BHPian

My favorite car at Skoda stall was Laura Vrs
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda at the Auto Expo 2010-picture-030.jpg  

Last edited by kunaldhami : 9th January 2010 at 23:35. Reason: typo
Old 10th January 2010, 14:27   #26
BHPian

Great coverage Rehaan! The Yeti's pictures give off an impression that its GC may not really be exceptional or even good for that matter (considering its segment of course!) Also the pricing has to be spot on, and of course what really puts most of us off is the shoddy After Sales! Given Skoda's reputation for after sales, I would definitely drool on the likes of the Superb Combi and the Laura RS but dont think I would ever contemplate buying one :-(
Old 10th January 2010, 14:57   #27
BHPian

The Laura RS, absolutely stunning, the colour, the alloys, everything about it!
Old 10th January 2010, 15:06   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackyboy View Post
Well done!! Excellent pictures...any news abt the new CRDI engines?
I WAS AT EXPO ON 8TH.THERE THE SKODA EXECUTIVE INFORMED ME THAT SKODA YETI WOULD COME IN 2.0 CRDI ONLY.
Old 10th January 2010, 18:56   #29

The Superb Combi looks amazing with those crystal clear neat lines, irrespective of it being an estate. Many folks are waiting for the Laura VRs, hope they launch it soon enough!
Old 10th January 2010, 19:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

The Laura (Octy) RS (it is RS and not vRS) and Yeti seem the best of the lot. It would be unrealistic to expect the Yeti to cost 10 to 12 L as the Laura itself costs more than that.

If the Yeti is as sorted as the Laura and comes with a 4X4 it might be well worth it. With Skoda's solid construction and neat ride it might be a competent touring vehicle.

I was really hoping for the Fabia RS, seems there is no chance of Skoda introducing that hot-hatch with its rallying pedigree here in the near future. The Superb Combi might have been there only for display considering the dismal numbers of Octy Combi sold here.

Cheers,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks