Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2010, 10:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Wow... thats an awesome looking machine. Any idea on the pricing?
Old 12th January 2010, 12:08   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
what is micro hybrid here? is it name given for special edition or it has some hybrid component!

the sticker cutting is bad. IMO they could have painted it dual tone like Indica Vista anniversary adition instead of cheap sticker cutting. sticker have cheap after market feel (especially one on bumper)
micro hybrids are ones with the start stop system.
the engine shuts off if it is idling for too long.
i think it is 3-5 seconds. you have to press the clutch and the engine starts again. it has an uprated starter motor and relevant uprated electrics.
Old 12th January 2010, 12:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

so how much mahindra charging for those added leather,DVD screen and chrome alloys??
Old 12th January 2010, 12:40   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Does anyone else thing that the original Scorpio (other than the rear light clusters) was a better looker than the current one? Please don't say that the headlights are better (they are still the same with clear lenses and different internals).

I think the current one is over-styled with too much plastic cladding and overall too garish for my tastes. The simpler Safari is a much cleaner and better (if older) design. Though I must say that I am not a fan of the side claddings in that too, the first generation Safari had the right mix of plastic to metal.
I am with you. The new Scorpio looks too plasticky, at least in pictures. That plastic-looking piece attached to the middle of the grille just sucks. And the front bumper seems to have been made for another car - too rectangular to gel with the rest of the front end and as if it emphasize this, the bumper sometimes sports a different color. Thankfully, we see a uniform color for this special edition.

The less said about those ridiculous checkered flag decals, the better. Whoever buys this car, please remove those decals.

I am not a big fan of the interiors either. Those A/C vents at the center of the dashboard resemble the eyes of an insect. And I hate insects.

Last edited by tacho : 12th January 2010 at 12:43.
Old 12th January 2010, 13:03   #20
BHPian

Looks very promising. I am surrprised that 19 posts and no mention of the price.
Old 12th January 2010, 13:41   #21
BHPian

i think for those added leather,DVD screen and chrome alloys, mahindra should charge more then 50k.
Old 12th January 2010, 14:34   #22
BHPian

The vehicle looks good, but I am not a fan of too much stickering and bling. Still I guess the 1000 vehicles made would sell like hot cakes. Any idea on the pricing.
Old 12th January 2010, 15:51   #23
BHPian

I like the chrome wheels, any views on whether those are available separately and if so how can one get them.

If not!! how will those who buy the Scorpio in a Tuxedo manage when they need a new one?

All in all its pretty nice looking though I will agree with the other on the checker issue and would like to see one without them.
Old 13th January 2010, 17:55   #24
BHPian

Selling 1000 cars will be no issue for Mahindra and I assume they will be priced really high. Its for those people who want to flaunt their SUV's as stylish and aristocratic. For the normal people, a few tweaks here and there wont actually make a difference if the price is going to be considerable up. However there will be few people who would be willing to buy these at really exorbitant prices just because it has the 'Special Edition' tag attached to it. I do strongly support the launch of such special edition vehicles as it shows how classy your normal vehicle can look.
Old 13th January 2010, 21:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

MM is nuts. selling a 8 year old car with graphics, cheap alloys & leathers & naming it a LE model. people will think it's relatively new & MM will easily clear their stock.
they really need a better model as a replacement.
Old 13th January 2010, 21:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
If you look at the Vista/Aria/Safari etc, Tata definitely has a nice design team or they get help from Idea or whatever the firm is in UK. One monstrosity from the tata stable is the Sumo Grande. All they needed to do was take the Xenon and add a body over the load bay area and it would have made a fine SUV.
Sumo Grande is a superb vehicle. It is true value for money and has road presence.

The Safari is now a 20 year old design (if we consider its design is similar to the original Landrover Discovery). The sooner they bin this the better.
Old 13th January 2010, 21:53   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
Announced in the Auto Expo - although it wont be a replacement to the Scorpio but their new flagship at a higher segment.
Old 13th January 2010, 21:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
MM is nuts. selling a 8 year old car with graphics, cheap alloys & leathers & naming it a LE model. people will think it's relatively new & MM will easily clear their stock.
True the graphics look as if someone at Mahindra has bought them off ebay after a heavy drinking session.
Old 13th January 2010, 21:59   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Sumo Grande is a superb vehicle. It is true value for money and has road presence.

The Safari is now a 20 year old design (if we consider its design is similar to the original Landrover Discovery). The sooner they bin this the better.
Could you care to explain why a so called 20 year design outsells the Grande by a wide margin? Safari maybe a 10 year old design but it still looks very contemporary and far better than the Scorpio in my opinion.
Old 13th January 2010, 23:23   #30
BHPian

Scorpio looks all muscle except from the rear or back side...this is a limited edition version and is cool but i hope mahindra would add some details to the back of this beast.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks