Opel Vectra 4 5.80%
Ford Mondeo 10 14.49%
Toyota Camry 4 5.80%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2005, 00:47   #16
BHPian

Well, for me its a close fight between the new sonata and accord ...

Hyundai Sonata : I recently test drove one (short drive) and the first impression i got was that no matter what "it just cannot be a korean " cos the magic ride quality and the sense of security i got was just amazing , i mean the first thing i see in the car is its ride quality and believe me, it rides much better than the accord .

If you remove the badge , its going to be hard for all of us to believe its korean .. The ride quality is at par with those europeans but i was not very impressed with the interiors , Accord has the best interiors of all and Hyundai gets a beating hands down ... Cant say much about the other aspects as i ve yet to take the proper test drive ...

Honda Accord : I dont think i need to say much about this beautiful machine ... i just love this car , inside , outside both but the serious chink in the armour is its ride quality , you could feel most of the bumps and it does not ve that high speed stability you would expect from a car of this price range , or else its flawless .....

But still ..... i would vote for the accord ... only if the sonata wasn a product of Hyundai ...

IMO , the only car, can beat the Accord in all aspects is going to be the new Octavia cos its getting outstanding reviews the world over but i am suspicious whether we will get the new octavia only when its going to be called as the old octavia worldwide(the current scenario) ...... atleast seems that way !
Old 5th September 2005, 02:39   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
This is another grey area. The market perception is that Japanese car's are easier on the pocket when it comes to service but thats not true always. For example, I believe it's scaringly expensive to do bodywork on a Honda and also some parts of Japanese cars are way more expensive then european cars. Few months back ACI had a complete list of spare prices, maybe someone can post the link and we can compare.
The brakepad change for my accord costs 20,000rs! So this shows that spareparts on japs are not cheap either, maybe somethings are cheaper like air filters and stuff. But in the two years and a half years of owning my accord I have not spent an extra rupee on spares besides the servicing charges which is approx 1000-2000rs every 5000Kms, this includes the change of oil,filters. Maintaining a jap are is cheap but if you dont treat it right you can run into exp spares.
Old 5th September 2005, 12:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Head versus Heart decision again. And the heart wins again. If I had that kind of money, it would be the Skoda for me. I am a sucker for European cars. I like and respect the Accord and the Camry, but they are well not appealing enough. The Korean cars I would not touch with a bargepole. :(

Second for me would be the Vectra. Ford Mondeo? Dunno. I think I can touch it with a barge pole. LOL
Old 5th September 2005, 14:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Its a NO-Brainer here for me !

Eyes closed I'd walk upto to the GORGEOUS FORD MONDEO !

Its a magnificient drivers car - the best infact ! thats enough reason for me ! for me there is no competition for the Mondeo

cheers
Old 5th September 2005, 15:00   #20
Team-BHP Support

It has to be vRS for me. The others are all far too large for my liking.

Camry/Sonata: Boring, staid, too american.
Accord/Vectra: nice cars, but too large for my liking.
Mondeo: makes a decent buy at the reduced price, but not the car I'd pick.
Old 5th September 2005, 16:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[new Octavia is launched early next year
That is also not sure. WIth the current kind of time Skoda is talking. It wont be before late next year that the Octy will be lauched. Since its first going to be Fabia out!! BUT by the time they come out with the new Octy the NEW ACCORD will be here. Expected Mid Next year. Source Interview of Honda Chairman ACI August 2005!
Old 7th September 2005, 00:47   #22
BHPian

Guess I am the only one who voted for Camry.
Camry can be described in two words, stately and majestic.
Thank god i have not seen camrys as taxis.
Old 8th September 2005, 16:29   #23
BHPian

my choice sure is the Accord!
lotsa sex appeal, lotsa power, lotsa goodies! but then, as Sahil said, its become too common now, and the charm of owning one is gone, and well, the older Accord does look a lot more "rich" kinda, due to its lengtheir looks, from outside, but inside, yea,,could do with the enhancements of the new Accord.
but i would pick up a D Segment car only with a diesel engine, so still waiting for the Sonata Crdi, or the Accord Diesel which they "might" launch if their test engine goes good in japan.
Old 8th September 2005, 17:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Wanted to vote for Honda for its relaiability, Sonata struck my mind for its looks. Atlast decided to stay away from voting as I don't know anything about the mentioned cars, where my voting will be misleading
Old 9th September 2005, 17:39   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank god i have not seen camrys as taxis.
Come to Mumbai and you will know. Most hotels have it. LOL Thats the only time when Mumbaites get to see the car.
Old 9th September 2005, 18:47   #26
Senior - BHPian

Well,it has to be the Honda Accord for me.It wins hands down.Its a sheer pleasure to drive that luxurious looking car to its full potential.Its fast,its stable and its a Honda.

I love the Mondeo and RS too,but only for a few spins here and there.Would not like to exchange them for an Accord at all.

X
Old 9th September 2005, 19:04   #27
BHPian

The Accord any day.....its way ahead of its competeters. Then I would have the Skoda. The Honda here is practically impossible to beat. It has everything a D segment car needs...LOOKS, INTERIORS, PERFORMANCE, RELIABILITY and SAFETY.
Then I would take the Mondeo...followed by the maybe the new Sonata..havent had a deep look into it...but its going to be an Acoord at a lower price.
Old 13th October 2005, 09:02   #28

Come to Dubai .... u will never want to buy a Camry...1000's of taxis and not one accord as a taxi
Old 13th October 2005, 10:31   #29
BHPian

Generally some brands are more used as taxis whereas others are not. I have not seen much of BMW taxis. Never seen a honda also. May be they are not suited or costly for that segment.

I have seen lot of renault, ford, skoda, merc, toyota, peugot taxis!
Old 13th October 2005, 10:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viveksathish
Come to Dubai .... u will never want to buy a Camry...1000's of taxis and not one accord as a taxi
And yet people are prepared to pay an almost 20% premium for the Camry over the Accord and other similar cars...the only car that you can expect SPOT CASH for the moment you drive it into the 2nd hand market is the Camry - again at a premium.

There are Mondy taxies here too - how come you didnt notice that? And Volvos..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks