Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2010, 08:00   #16
BHPian

Both of these cars looking very solid, also good stuff loaded on both of these cars such as car colored seats, Black roof with a spoiler & mainly a music player which is showcased in these cars displayed at Auto Expo 2010.
Any news on its engine specs & price ??
Old 18th January 2010, 14:24   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

This news item has left me extremely surprised. First of all, the Nano's production still hasn't really started. Gujarat factory is nearly a year away from production and cars are temporarily being built in Pune. Second, the waiting list for Nano's runs long into the future. People who have booked about a year back may have to wait another year for delivery.

And Tata launches a special edition? WHERE are they going to make this special ed? I think Tata is better off fulfilling its existing commitments before taking new ones on hand.
Old 18th January 2010, 15:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

It was reported that the Gujrat factory has started trial production and it should churn out Nanos by April albeit in less numbers, initially.

source: The Hindu Business Line : Nano trial production starts at Sanand

Are these limited edition vehicles launched? I thought they were just displaying the concepts!
Old 18th January 2010, 15:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

So, these were the brightly colored nanos at the Auto Expo!. They looked nice to me but i question which guy will prefer to drive around in a lime green car!. Black would have been cool.
Attached Thumbnails
Nano for him and Nano for her special edition-new-delhi-auto-expo2-194-large.jpg  

Nano for him and Nano for her special edition-new-delhi-auto-expo2-193-large.jpg  

Nano for him and Nano for her special edition-new-delhi-auto-expo2-196-large.jpg  

Nano for him and Nano for her special edition-new-delhi-auto-expo2-195-large.jpg  

Old 19th January 2010, 03:52   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This news item has left me extremely surprised. First of all, the Nano's production still hasn't really started. Gujarat factory is nearly a year away from production and cars are temporarily being built in Pune. Second, the waiting list for Nano's runs long into the future. People who have booked about a year back may have to wait another year for delivery.

And Tata launches a special edition? WHERE are they going to make this special ed? I think Tata is better off fulfilling its existing commitments before taking new ones on hand.
Gujarat Factory should not be a year away. Tata Group website quotes that the Sanand factory already started production for the first batch of Nanos before christmas last year. Over 50 cars per day from this month and full production should start by April 2010.
Tata Group: Sanand plant begins Nano trial production

Now that was surprisingly quick! Just over an year and they have established a greenfield factory. Surely Gujarat govt was far more supportive then Bengal, but this sure shows solid commitment from TATA group as a whole for this project.
Old 19th January 2010, 10:38   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

TATA's are trying to draw the global attention towards them, I heard that they are planning to introduce NANO in the US for $5000. and its still the cheapest there.

Maybe they are trying to improve their their global image with an internationally acclaimed car.. What do you say?
Old 21st January 2010, 20:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

These nanos are only auto expo display show cars and not yet have launched yet.
Old 21st January 2010, 21:31   #23
BHPian

HAHA! What a move.
I wish all the cars have " For him, For her " models

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks