Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2010, 11:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Nice move by Toyota. It will surely be a hit with the taxi crowd, a client group that is fond of the Altis anyways.

Somehow, I could never figure out why CNG hasn't clicked as much with personal users. I mean, we are a nation obsessed with fuel efficiency and low running costs right? Nothing beats the economy of CNG. Related thread
GTO, You need to make a visit to a CNG installer to the see things by your eyes only. 80% of the installations are done by individuals only, reason being "Kitna mileage ??" syndrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Also, nothing beats the queues at CNG filling stations, especially in Delhi. Try this at anytime of the day.

On a different note, when I could consider CNG on Toyota Corolla, it was not available on an OEM basis. Now, when my 3 year warranty is expiring (in Mar 2010), I do not need a CNG (drive only 600-700 km/month).
It's was a old talk vasudeva, earlier I used to tip-off my parking guy / driver to get the cng refilled due to filling chaos. But thanks to Congress Government, now there are enough number of filling stations without any line-ups and good gas pressure. Cars might pile-up but as gas pressure is getting better and better it also filled up within a time span of at max 10 mins.
Old 22nd January 2010, 11:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
It's was a old talk vasudeva, earlier I used to tip-off my parking guy / driver to get the cng refilled due to filling chaos. But thanks to Congress Government, now there are enough number of filling stations without any line-ups and good gas pressure. Cars might pile-up but as gas pressure is getting better and better it also filled up within a time span of at max 10 mins.
Could be true in your area but definitely not in mine (as of last week in East Delhi), and definitely not over the past 2 years or so. Of course, one could save on the filling time by filling it up in your area, but there is the commute time also. Try any CNG station this side of the Yamuna (East Delhi that is).
Old 22nd January 2010, 11:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Could be true in your area but definitely not in mine (as of last week in East Delhi), and definitely not over the past 2 years or so. Of course, one could save on the filling time by filling it up in your area, but there is the commute time also. Try any CNG station this side of the Yamuna (East Delhi that is).

I get petrol filled every fortnight, and the IOC petrol pump is next to a CNG station. Thus I can see the difference and the queues at both the pumps.
Old 22nd January 2010, 12:20   #19
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been seated in CNG Taxi's while they filled up seeing a vacant station, both times the process including the line and filling and payment too less than 10 mins.

On the other hand have also seen long queues of ricks at various spots in mumbai just for filling up CNG.

So I guess there are times when it goes both ways.
Old 22nd January 2010, 13:09   #20
BHPian

the number of CNG stations around the country are not much!. and the most frequent users are cabs and rickshaws. lpg is more common now with car users!
Old 22nd January 2010, 14:15   #21
BHPian

I can only speak to the Greater Mumbai region - as I mentioned below, I've owned a (GM Official) CNG Optra for 4 years. I have NEVER had to wait for more than 10 minutes at a filling station. This is because it doesnt take long to dispense the 8 odd kgs of CNG into a tank and because there are now filling stations everywhere.

That being said, a Rickshaw pump will always be packed. And there are always rare exceptions. But the pleasure of owning a car like the Optra and then running it for less than an Indica cannot be explained. It makes those ultra rare experiences worth it

Also, other than the 800 cc Marutis, no CNG car gives 18 km/kg city efficiency, in my experience. Best case is around 15. My Optra touches 12km/kg in the city with AC. This goes up much more on the highway.

Unbeatable running costs. Substantial good to the environment and the nation. I love CNG
Old 22nd January 2010, 18:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Altis CNG should be a big hit among luxury cab operators running within city.

Finally an alternative to diesel.
Old 22nd January 2010, 22:23   #23
BHPian

Is Prius available in India?

Slightly OT, but is Prius launched in India? Saw the pricing on toyotabharat.com.

DSK Toyota, Pune
Price List
Prius w.e.f 7th Jan 2010
Sl. No.
Grade
Ex-Showroom Price Rs.
Z3
Z4
Old 22nd January 2010, 23:27   #24
BHPian

Well, I am not sure if there is going to be a lot of takers for this car , if it is not going to be priced right and the FE proved.

But, sure cedia which had one of those best GAS driven motors should also be matched for drivers.
Old 22nd January 2010, 23:28   #25
BHPian

I am not sure if anybody is going to buy that machine at all here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeerbagul View Post
Slightly OT, but is Prius launched in India? Saw the pricing on toyotabharat.com.

DSK Toyota, Pune
Price List
Prius w.e.f 7th Jan 2010
Sl. No.
Grade
Ex-Showroom Price Rs.
Z3
Z4
Old 23rd January 2010, 04:18   #26
BHPian

Toyota = Evil?

The Prius at 27 Lacs is a sin. Toyota Bharat have no business pricing a Prius above a Camry. What reason would anyone have to buying a Prius when a BMW 320D would be available for roughly the same price?

Toyota just lost any respect it had earned.
Old 29th August 2011, 16:17   #27
BHPian

Re: Toyota Corolla Altis CNG

Anyone have idea on Corolla Altis CNG?
I am still waiting I am in Pune.

Thanks,
regards,
Maheshwar
Old 18th November 2011, 13:21   #28
AJo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkanitkar View Post
Anyone have idea on Corolla Altis CNG?
I am still waiting I am in Pune.

Thanks,
regards,
Maheshwar
If you are looking to "CNG" your Altis AT, you can talk to Logicon Mumbai (lafpl.com) - They are the OEM cng fitters for Toyota as well as other manufacturers.
I am looking to buy a CNG Corolla myself & the dealer in Mumbai said Logicon is the co. they use (since approved by Toyota).
Thanks,
Ajo
Old 10th December 2011, 12:09   #29
BHPian

thanks a lot for info.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks