Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2010, 23:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

indica's ,sumo's, and the occasional safari.
my olc palio umm cant say dies on the road but rather runs out of Fuel!!! there is a small dent in the tank which leads to a very inaccurate reading on the fuel guage.
there are also old cielo's ,matiz,amby's,tempo trax etc.
Old 28th January 2010, 00:35   #32
BHPian

No doubt, Indica is the most unreliable cars in Indian roads. Some times I see Indigo also waiting for a service person in the road side.
Old 28th January 2010, 01:22   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil8089 View Post
No doubt, Indica is the most unreliable cars in Indian roads. Some times I see Indigo also waiting for a service person in the road side.
What a dumb statement? There are a million Indicas buddy, logging a million miles and yes there are a million Indicas being used as cabs which are literally raped by their owners/drivers. can't you see how these guys maintain their Indicas? use your car ( whatever it is) like these cabbies use their Indicas and see how long it lasts.
Old 28th January 2010, 04:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

To be honest, this thread is a bit of a joke and serves no purpose. I am hoping the mods will close this thread.
Old 28th January 2010, 06:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
To be honest, this thread is a bit of a joke and serves no purpose. I am hoping the mods will close this thread.
why close the thread?
are any of the cars being mentioned here biased? people are posting views on what they see everyday.
@pgsagar taxi drivers abusing the car and hence leading to a breakdown is not an excuse.
there are taxi drivers who still drive 7-8 year old Qualis and abuse them on a daily basis and still runs without much problem.
An indica or a sumo if breaks down means that it simply is not built well to take the abuse.
Old 28th January 2010, 07:24   #36
Senior - BHPian

from my years in Delhi. It would be

Ford Ikon. (3 - 4 instances)
Amby/Fiat Padmini

Last edited by lurker : 28th January 2010 at 07:25.
Old 28th January 2010, 08:10   #37
Senior - BHPian

I saw an Ikon busted in our parking lot a few days ago. Just wouldn't start.
Old 28th January 2010, 08:38   #38
BHPian

@ vinaydas

I believe there is a difference of few lakhs, between the prices of Indica and a qualis.
Old 28th January 2010, 09:21   #39
BHPian

Well Tata should be topping the list on this pointless thread.Older maruthi's seem to more on breakdown list. i guess a tow truck driver would give you the best answer
Old 28th January 2010, 09:24   #40
Senior - BHPian

Contrary to popular belief Innova and Qualis also break down quite often.
In my previous post I kept out Taxis as they are bound to break down so no prize for taxis viz Indica , Sumo , Innova and Qualis.

Among personal vehicles I have seen Toyota Corolla , Ikon , Scoda and my own M800 breaking down.
Old 28th January 2010, 09:55   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
why close the thread?
are any of the cars being mentioned here biased? people are posting views on what they see everyday.
@pgsagar taxi drivers abusing the car and hence leading to a breakdown is not an excuse.
there are taxi drivers who still drive 7-8 year old Qualis and abuse them on a daily basis and still runs without much problem.
An indica or a sumo if breaks down means that it simply is not built well to take the abuse.
Well, I refuse to take the bait.

Anyway, let the thread be if tbpians want it, but I do think this thread is a waste of time and completely useless.
Old 28th January 2010, 10:17   #42
BHPian

This is an other thread started by some Anti-Indica Club member, I don't now how many Indica's one has seen lying turtle on road. If Indicas were so prone to breakdown on road, no cab driver/owner worth his salt would want to own them. The old Indicas sure had poor pick up, a some niggling issues such as poor dashbaord plastic etc. but its reliability was never an issue. With such attitude it feels there is a coterie which is hell bent on discrediting Indicas by creating all kinds of strange stories which are hard to prove but will definetely damage the credibility.
Step out of any airport, railway station almost all the cabs are Indicas, Indigos, Marinas and now Logan has joined the list. This is because these cars are VFM, reliable and gives good return to its owners and passengers are happy to ride in them. Otherwise the cab owners would have gone for Marutis & Hyundais. Anybody gave a thought why they dont do that?

As a matter of fact most of the cars if properly maintained do not breakdown on the road. Atleast for first 5-6 years of their life.
Old 28th January 2010, 10:32   #43
Senior - BHPian

The most number of brokendown vehicles is also an indication of the most sold and used cars in the market. And I should get an award for supreme optimism.
Old 28th January 2010, 11:28   #44
BHPian

Just saw a old gen palio(Not the stile) died on the road side. In kalyani nagar road in pune.
Old 28th January 2010, 11:28   #45
BHPian

I'm discounting taxi vehicles from this list since it wouldn't be fair to bring them into picture because of their sheer numbers and poor maintenance.

Private vehicle which I've seen in distress mode on our highways in the order of higher occurrence.

1) Maruti 1000 (haven't seen much of the 1300 cc ones in distress mode)
2) Fiat UNO
3) Skoda Octavia
4) Hyundai Accent CRDi
5) Maruti 800
6) Very few numbers of Safaris and Scorpios
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks