Team-BHP - Overdrives Mega Track Test - Indian saloons
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Overdrives Mega Track Test - Indian saloons (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/7439-overdrives-mega-track-test-indian-saloons-2.html)

What was their basic idea behind selecting these few cars out of the so many that are in production and on sale?

Seems advertising contracts have been going real high at Team Overdrive. Good atleast they did not add a Bajaj Pulsar to this test alongwith snapshots of the Bajaj production facility and also some pictures of families of the designers et all...

Hey man, something is wrong. Accord 0-100 is much faster than 10.31secs. Are you sure it’s not an automatic? Either that or something was wrong with that particular car.

I’d be interested to know how the Skoda rider does just the see the effect of RS’s suspension and rubber. Is this the full track or the short loop.

The so called poor handling Corolla pulled the second highest lateral Gs at 0.96

Sriperambudur is a technical track with not much emphasis on straight line speed (unless you're driving a 800 where all the corners would be flat lol: ). The short loop is even more tight.

What about Lancer??
I think Lancer can take octavia out (On Track)because of low CG point....

Has this Bumper issue of OD got to do anything with the exit of Adil and Yogendra Pratap taking over ?

interesting to see both the Palio 1.6 and the Petra left out. now I can safely ignore this issue as well.

so much for "ultimate tests and comparisons".

yeah where is the lancer? It should have been intresting to see it in this drag.

its got better dynamics for a drag as it borrows heavily from the old evo

i dont think the ikon requires 13.7 secs to a ton.it is more like 12.9 secs.

Except for the Ikon and Baleno, all the other cars are launches of the last 2 years.

GTO

Hey guys

I'm not new to this forum, but this topic got me discussing and so here i am to clear a few doubts out;

1. The track was Kari Speedway and not Sriperemebudur.
2. The times you see are because the start-finish straight goes uphill into the first corner. Therefore the slightly slower times.
3. Tyres were standardized to highlight chassis/suspension efficiencies or deficiencies. It is an international practice.
4. Times were set by N.Leelakrishnan and Naren Kumar who have won 13 out of the last 15 rally championship titles in the country. I think that is case enough to highlight their capabilities.
5. Cars like Petra and Palio weren't considered since their sales are too low. Ditto with the Mondeo. The Accent diesel was in the picture since no Petrol was available at Coimbatore.
6.The Corolla, though it has a high COG and significantly higher body-roll makes up in the straights, thanks to its prodigious power. In-fact, it is the only car to have inner wheelspin; i.e. the inner wheel underwent wheelspin during cornering.

civic_boy

Quote:

Originally Posted by civic_boy
Hey guys
5. Cars like Petra and Palio weren't considered since their sales are too low. Ditto with the Mondeo. The Accent diesel was in the picture since no Petrol was available at Coimbatore.
civic_boy

is this the official reason provided in the issue ?
what do sales figures have to do with performance and benchmark tests ?

Thanks for clearing up Civic boy. Kari speedway reminds me of Monza.

Kari Speedway is less of Monza and more of Silverstone. No wonder the Corolla out did the New Honda Accord 2.4 i Vtec. Damn! Cant beleive it.

Well, if there is one reason to buy Overdrive....its the track tests. They have done it again in their September 2007 issue. Cars like the Swift, SX4, a rally preped Cedia, Lancer Mivec, EVO 7, C200, BMW 3 and even luxo-barges like the BMW 7 and Audi A6 ripped on the track.

Butttttttttttttttttttt unlike the last time, there are no lap times. Still made for a darn entertaining read. Must read!

Yup, even Sideways Lancer is there in the test.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 549864)
Yup, even Sideways Lancer is there in the test.

I thought as much when i saw the pic. Congrats Sideways. Did you give them the car to drive?