Team-BHP - Overdrives Mega Track Test - Indian saloons
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Overdrives Mega Track Test - Indian saloons (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/7439-overdrives-mega-track-test-indian-saloons-3.html)

Could someone put up a scanned copy of the article?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 554426)
Could someone put up a scanned copy of the article?

I don't think we are supposed to. copyright issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 554352)
I thought as much when i saw the pic. Congrats Sideways. Did you give them the car to drive?

Nope, i was there myself. JD and i were testing the other cars for them. We had a blast. Awesome machinary at our disposal.

Hardly a page has been written about Farhans car, i suggest you buy the magzine, its just awesome this time around, they test 7bikes on the track te Pulsar's, Unicorn, RTR 160, etc and cars they tested ranged from the humble Palio, Swift to the BMW & series clap:

As far as a B segment Fun To drive car goes the Swift whips the Palio. They drivers said " The Palio though fast in straight line, while cornering the chassis is showing its age"

Never thought the corolla could be that fast! Din't they have a civic out there? it should be pretty fast around the track...

How the hell (pardon the usage) can we have a track test without the Magnum? Was this all about petrol cars or what? I thought the Magnum would have given these cars a good run for their monies.

Quote:

How the hell (pardon the usage) can we have a track test without the Magnum? Was this all about petrol cars or what? I thought the Magnum would have given these cars a good run for their monies.
There was a Magnum on straight line it was fast, when it came to corners it wasnot as good. Maybe its a tad front heavy and those crappy Goodyear GT3 do no good.

Quote:

Never thought the corolla could be that fast! Din't they have a civic out there? it should be pretty fast around the track...
They had a Civic too, it was fast but never came close to the RS which was the beast of this segment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 554581)

They had a Civic too, it was fast but never came close to the RS which was the beast of this segment.

Yup a magnum diesel. they said the car had performance but understeer and steering response was poor. Even with that the timing was similar to the Civics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 554607)
Yup a magnum diesel. they said the car had performance but understeer and steering response was poor. Even with that the timing was similar to the Civics.

The magnum is slower then the Civic i thought so Civic being faster then Magnum on straights as well as corners, how the hell does the Magnum keep up?

Why no test on Verna Crdi.?? It has amazing performance

Quote:

Originally Posted by drsvijay (Post 554652)

But zero handling. Which is what matters the most on track.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drsvijay (Post 554652)

Speed boat doesn't qualify for a track test i guess.

No offence meant.

A BMW 335i beat the Audi S5 with 50 more horses all thanks to better handling, so on a track you need better grip and steering then power.

Busa, depends on which track. Maybe KMS, with its 900m straight, would have told a different tale.

Well in a drag the Audi would eat the Beemer, but it goes to say that power is power but its nothing without control(handling) So Verna is fast but its handling just removes its sportyness out. Ouch!!