Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2013, 20:34   #31
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen After Sales Service

As pointed out earlier After sales experience depends almost entirely on the dealer. Since you are in Bangalore, I will recommend Palace Cross, I bought my Jetta from them and have been very impressed with the professionalism and the overall experience. I am a very finicky and demanding customer and they went out of their way to ensure i was satisfied.

One thing to remember is that you need to keep them interested. If you're buying a Polo they should be thinking, how can i get this guy to come back in 3 years to buy the Vento from me. Once they see you as a bigger future customer, they have a better interest in keeping you happy this time.
Old 3rd December 2013, 22:12   #32
BHPian

Hello Folks,

Just wanted to know whether VW offer a free checkup at 6 months / 7500kms for their cars? I did check when i bought the car , but was informed that it was there only for Skoda and not for VW.

Today i got a call from VW showroom/service center in Hosur road/Bangalore asking why i didn't bring the car for free check up. I was surprised and checked with them whether its a new initiative as its almost 11 months since i have bought my POLO 1.2 TDI and have covered around 12K kms already.

I did take the care twice to the service center, at 1K kms and 4.5K kms, for a couple of issues and the service guys never mentioned about the free check up. I clearly remember asking them about it , but they just told me to check the engine oil every 2K kms and come for 1 year/15K service.

I have decided to go and check this weekend, but wanted to know whether it was something which i missed from my side.
Old 4th December 2013, 00:40   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napo View Post
Hello Folks, Just wanted to know whether VW offer a free check...

I have decided to go and check this weekend, but wanted to know whether it was something which i missed from my side.
Hi there

I was chatting up with VW Madras guys today. The SE told me that the company is planning to introduce a free checkup at 7k kms very shortly. So I'm assuming this wasn't there before.
Old 4th December 2013, 01:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just wanted to know whether VW offer a free checkup at 6 months / 7500kms for their cars?
Yes. When the Indian buyer is used to the term free service from the likes of other manufacturer, VW too had to introduce it to keep things slightly on par.

Quote:
My advice would be to skip it, not worth spending your precious time at a VW workshop. All VW cars need to be serviced at 1 yr or 15,000 kms whichever is earlier. Just keep a look at the fluid level which is engine oil and you are free from visiting workshop for a whole year.

Unless of course you wish to visit them for the sake of free service, which is just about fluid check up and nothing more.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 12:10   #35
BHPian

I did take my car to Mumbai VW Workshop for a free 6 month checkup. All they did was Oil & Coolant level check which can be done easily by anyone.
Old 4th December 2013, 12:49   #36
BHPian

Thanks Guys.

Agree to the point that this is something that will make the Indian customers happy. Even i did find it difficult to convince my father that my first service is after a year/15K kms .

Anyways its a month more for my 1yr service, i probably will wait till then.
Old 6th December 2013, 11:39   #37
BHPian

I did email VW for more clarification and this was their response
Quote:
As we have discussed on free check-up for your Volkswagen car after 6 months or 7500 kms was introduced by Volkswagen very recently & you taken the delivery of your car in the month of Jan 2013 & your car service will not affect with regards to the same
and when asked about the top ups,

Quote:
..& yes you have to pay for the top up’s
Old 6th December 2013, 13:42   #38
BHPian

My experience with VW service has been very poor. I have a 1 year old Vento Tdi which I sent for service last month. I had also informed the dealer Shaman Auto of terrible vibration in the car on early morning starts. They diagnosed the problem to be with the engine mounting and gear mounting and told me they need to be replaced. Since the car is still under warranty they said they would replace it free of cost but the part is not in stock and they will have to order it. It has now been over one month since they have placed the order and the part has still not come inspire of regular follow up by me. If the company does not keep parts of their highest selling model I don't know what kind of service people can expect from them in the coming years.
Old 6th December 2013, 13:59   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
My experience with VW service has been very poor. I have a 1 year old Vento Tdi which I sent for service last month. I had also informed the dealer Shaman Auto of terrible vibration in the car on early morning starts. They diagnosed the problem to be with the engine mounting and gear mounting and told me they need to be replaced. Since the car is still under warranty they said they would replace it free of cost but the part is not in stock and they will have to order it. It has now been over one month since they have placed the order and the part has still not come inspire of regular follow up by me. If the company does not keep parts of their highest selling model I don't know what kind of service people can expect from them in the coming years.
I read somewhere that a centralized parts sourcing center (for India) would become functional sometime in 2014. Thereafter it should be possible to source any part in less than 3 days (3 days is the target for part to reach service center!)

Hopefully this would be implemented and then we can see much better response time for these kind of issues.
joslicx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2013, 18:31   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Engine + gearbox mounts gone kaput in one year of ownership?!

How many kms has you car clocked? What is the update from VW on the spares arrival?

Is that the only dealer/ASC in your city? Have you tried asking them to source it from some other ASC?

Anurag.
Old 10th December 2013, 01:33   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
This seems to be a known problem, and might have been happening from day 1?

With my Polo, at first service, I complained that it sounded like a diesel when starting the engine. They replaced engine mounts, trouble gone. Also, the noise that I thought was from taking bumps too fast. That must have been the mounts too.
Old 10th December 2013, 08:55   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

How many kms has you car clocked? What is the update from VW on the spares arrival?
Anurag.
Even i (POLO TDI) had some issues with the gear box/engine mounts. For me it was more of a noise than a vibration. I could even get the noise when i shake the engine hard with bare hands. I was told by the service engineer that its due to lack of lubrication on the gearbox/engine mounts and there is no need of any replacements.

It was at around 5K kms that i started observing this issue. I am trying to get this work done as part of my 1 year service.
Old 10th December 2013, 12:25   #43
BANNED

Quote:

Even i (POLO TDI) had some issues with the gear box/engine mounts. For me it was more of a noise than a vibration. I could even get the noise when i shake the engine hard with bare hands. I was told by the service engineer that its due to lack of lubrication on the gearbox/engine mounts and there is no need of any replacements.

It was at around 5K kms that i started observing this issue. I am trying to get this work done as part of my 1 year service.
Damn, shaking the engine with bate hands is ridiculous, a diesel start and switch Off shakes the engine violently and if the mounts are so useless then the engine can fall off anytime.

Was contemplation on the Polo GT TDI but now thanks to all here I'm hooked onto to the New Swift ZDi.

Anurag.
Old 10th December 2013, 12:49   #44
BHPian

I guess mine was clearly an issue with lack of lubrication as i didn't observe any serious vibrations as mentioned in the earlier posts. My car has now clocked 12K and the ride so far was smooth. But yes, the noise is still there during idle runs on uneven roads , hoping to get it fixed this time.
Old 19th April 2014, 12:18   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Brendt Buchmann appointed as Volkswagen group sales India director -Head of Group After Sales

Quote:
In his new role he will report to Thierry Lespiaucq, MD, Volkswagen Group Sales India and will manage technical service and warranty, parts operations and warehousing, vehicle logistics and training academy for sales and after sales

http://overdrive.in/news/brendt-buch...ndia-director/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks