Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2010, 10:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude131 View Post
The only bad thing IMO is that GM India's operations are now 50% owned by Chinese firm SIAC. Hope this does not entice them to bring a whole load of cheap Chinese cars with poor safety records.
It surprises me why GM would sell 50% of their shares in the company. They should have rather setup a separate company which partner with the Chinese to bring in the commercial vehicles to rival cars like the Ecko & Ace.
Read in this month's OD that they're planning to do just this! Starting with a small CV from Wuling of China. Wuling would become Chevy here. They have mentioned that cars would follow.
Old 8th February 2010, 10:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
The flipside is that they could have priced it a little higher and shown a better ROI.
Which i think they will eventually do. If the numbers are any where close to being accurate, they stand a good enough chance to raise the prices. Rising input costs is the favourite mantra. But i hope these customers are a happy lot post purchase and that will drive GMs future.
Old 8th February 2010, 10:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hope its not the new car hysteria.. There is one that comes to our office parking from the last 3 weeks. Looks chunky from the front. So distinguishable from the looks, yet I have seen only one in all from the time it was launched. This one too, however is a KL registration car!
Old 8th February 2010, 11:01   #19
BHPian

Yesterday ,I was a beat and looks good.I think it's great achievement from GM and they should carry on this play to again more market share.
Old 8th February 2010, 11:16   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

well deserved I think.

they ve packed in some serious value in the LTZ.

good going Chevrolet!

I guess the Hyundai and Maruti chaps better watch out!
Old 8th February 2010, 13:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

Good going GM. Hope the trend continues - The VFM pricing would surely send a strong message to the competition! Now if Ford follows the suit with Figo - or is that too much to expect?
Old 8th February 2010, 13:40   #22
BHPian

As per GM, the price of Beat is "introductory price".
They say that it is valid for a period of 60 days from the date of announcement.
Since I have booked the car and the waiting period is ~5 weeks, I am a bit worried about the price increase.
The price is always taken at the time of invoicing (booking does not guarantee the price).
Old 8th February 2010, 13:43   #23
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

not too much to expect
i understand from What Car? that the pricing of Ford Figo is equally attractive - they claim an On Road price of 3.4 for the Petrol 1.2 engine version and about 4.1 for the 1.4 Tdci diesel version top spec.
wonder which city this is - must be Delhi and not Chennai/ Bangalore for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Good going GM. Hope the trend continues - The VFM pricing would surely send a strong message to the competition! Now if Ford follows the suit with Figo - or is that too much to expect?
Old 8th February 2010, 13:52   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
not too much to expect
i understand from What Car? that the pricing of Ford Figo is equally attractive - they claim an On Road price of 3.4 for the Petrol 1.2 engine version and about 4.1 for the 1.4 Tdci diesel version top spec.
If this is really true then the great hatch war is going to be very intense with each manufacturer trying to outdo others , which is ultimately good for us customers. Also we can expect more discounts and offers from other established players like maruti & hyundai.
Old 8th February 2010, 14:12   #25
BHPian

I hope GM is able to push a substantial number of cars on the road from the bookings received; the market today is too competitive for GM to be complacent.

It should not end up like the UNO which I believe raked in a lakh of bookings in a similar period a decade or so ago!
Old 8th February 2010, 16:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
not too much to expect
The on road pricing mention is too good to believe. That may be an ex showroom cost , btw what is the source of this pricing ? Just curious
Old 8th February 2010, 17:52   #27
BHPian

Just spoke to a DSA & got informed that the sales of Beat is not up to the mark as the main reason he gave was the car is underpowered. I am yet to take a TD of the car.
Old 8th February 2010, 18:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim_90210 View Post
Just spoke to a DSA & got informed that the sales of Beat is not up to the mark as the main reason he gave was the car is underpowered.
Beat "Underpowered" then one has one of the highest bhp/tonne ration amongst all hatchbacks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks