Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2010, 18:07   #1
BHPian

Attached : FULL Technical Specifications of Indian Hatchbacks

I was unable to find a similar thread and hence creating a new one. I have taken a stab at putting together technical specifications of the 38 (engine variations) hatchbacks available in the Indian market as of Feb-2010. As per newer global standards, the power has been also quoted in Kw in order to give you compute the power to weight ratio. Kerb/Curb weights taken for calculations were not all available on the manufacturer sites. Hence I have made individual searches to try and be as correct as possible. Power to Weight ratios 0.06 and above have been shaded in yellow. The rationale is simply to indicate the higher ones.

Please comment on any specification that in your opinion is incorrect or any other header that you would like included. There are certain missing fields as well which I would be happy to update with you inputs.

I hope this helps the discerning hatchback buyer to get a bird’s eye view of the hatchbacks available in India and make a quicker more calculated decision primarily based on technical specifications. Finally there will be other factors that influence your decision. I will keep this updated as and when newer hatchbacks are rolled out.

Keep posting your inputs and suggestions. I will try and incorporate as much as possible.
Attached Thumbnails
Attached : FULL Technical Specifications of Indian Hatchbacks-indian-hatchback-specs.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: xls India Hatch Backs 15 Feb 2010.xls (42.5 KB, 1694 views)

Last edited by Dippy : 24th February 2010 at 09:41. Reason: Adding updated sheet to the post on request
Old 9th February 2010, 18:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

thanks! could you attach it as an xls as well?
EDIT: would suggest you lump the diesel & Petrol indicas together

Last edited by greenhorn : 9th February 2010 at 18:10.
Old 9th February 2010, 18:10   #3
BHPian

Sure thing. I was just about to do so when you posted.
Attached Files
File Type: xls India Hatch Backs Feb 2010.xls (32.0 KB, 1134 views)
Old 12th February 2010, 09:40   #4
BANNED

NevGin : Good work !
Old 12th February 2010, 09:51   #5
BHPian

re:

You da man!! REALLY a GOOD piece of work!
Many many thanks for doing this.
Can someone do this for sedan also?
Old 12th February 2010, 09:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

Fantastically complied.This will serve as a ready reckoner for everyone who are looking for hatchbacks and easy for comparison also. Nice work dude. It is like bird's view errrrr I mean Hatch view

OT:::How much time you took to compile this?
Old 12th February 2010, 09:52   #7
BHPian

awesome work there.
the technical aspects are available to all but not many take the pain to get it tabulated and easily comparable.

btw,if possible try to fill in the ford figo details too.its available in the test drive thread.
once again good work
Old 12th February 2010, 13:03   #8
BHPian

Good start Nev - you've missed the Getz - not sure if it was intentional. I will try and update the file with this information.
Old 12th February 2010, 13:03   #9
BHPian

Thanks everyone. I am glad it will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
OT:::How much time you took to compile this?
Did this over a few days as it's too much to do all at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
Good start Nev - you've missed the Getz - not sure if it was intentional. I will try and update the file with this information.
Oh thanks for bringing it to my notice. No, not intentional. We really have a lot of hatchbacks to choose from don't we?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th February 2010 at 13:39. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 12th February 2010, 13:20   #10
BHPian

Nev - File is updated with Hyundai Getz variants that are still available.

I found a discrepancy in calculations of KW from PS figures - I used this converter: Unit Converter

Figures using this converter do not match figures already put in the file - Hence, I have marked these in Red. Not sure how accurate this is though.

I think it would be a good idea to add another tab to the file - this one with features!
Attached Files
File Type: xls India Hatch Backs Feb 2010-R1.xls (29.0 KB, 828 views)
Old 12th February 2010, 13:24   #11
BHPian

Getz Included + Filter for Fuel Type

@Viper: Thanks! Have included the Getz now.

I have also added a column on fuel type so that one can conveniently filter and compare among Petrol's or a Diesel's.

@ariendj: Have included details on the Figo as per GTOs review. However there is still some missing. If you find it please let me know. I will include it.

I have missed the Fusion intentionally as I am unable to find enough detail on it. Also from what I read, it might be phased out.
Attached Files
File Type: xls India Hatch Backs Feb 2010.xls (154.0 KB, 1290 views)
Old 12th February 2010, 14:05   #12
BHPian

excellent work nevgin. yes we now do have quite a large options of hatchback to choose from. Given the new plans of the manufacturers, this list is just going to get bigger and hard to choose from. With those specs one would want to have it all
Old 12th February 2010, 14:09   #13
BHPian

Power & Torque Curves

Folks,

The next step is going to be getting power & torque curves for each of these hatchbacks and plot them to get the area under the curve. From preliminary searches, hardly any of these manufacturers provide them.

My request is for all of you to share all power & torque curves that you come across for Indian cars. Please do not limit to hatchbacks and send those for sedans as well. I will try and can come up with a comparative analysis. Curves got from dynamometers will also help.

Thank you!
Old 12th February 2010, 14:22   #14
BHPian

nice work Nevgin, keep it up, I hope the manufacturers also have a look at these figures & then try to figure out where they can improve upon , also it would be nice to have their ARAI certified fuel efficiency figures
Old 12th February 2010, 15:39   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush78 View Post
nice work Nevgin, keep it up, I hope the manufacturers also have a look at these figures & then try to figure out where they can improve upon , also it would be nice to have their ARAI certified fuel efficiency figures
Thanks Piyush. That's a good suggestion. Let me see how I can derive the ARAI fuel efficiencies for them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks