Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 13:21   #31
BHPian

Something similar happened with me.

I went to Sai Service at parel, mumbai. Decided on a Ritz ZXi, white colour.
This happened on 11th Feb, 2010. They said 2 months waiting or something like that.

Next day, called up Vitesse at Worli, directly told him that i want this specific model immediately. He called me back, saying it is available.
Booked it with Vitesse on 13th Feb, Saturday.

Delivery is promised for Friday 19th Feb. Hope its on time.

The point here is, it really depends from dealer to dealer.
Its not Maruti's (Suzuki) fault IMO.

If a dealer manages to sell off his stock fast, then he'll have a waiting period, while some other dealer might have got a fresh delivery, hence no waiting period.

With so many dealers around india, this is bound to happen as everyone cannot be supplied at the same time.
Old 17th February 2010, 14:22   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjubaba View Post
I don't think that a company will produce less number cars, show waiting period as a marketing gimmick.
rather they will make more cars, sell more and thus make more profit.

So i think it is capacity constraints of some sort somewhere.

-Sanjubaba
I agree that any company will not underproduce when there is huge demand. MSIL get to know what is the demand and then produce the cars (JIT - just in time manufacturing). Smart logistics, I think.

Of course dealers' role can not be denied.

Fiat sells less cars so it can not make more profit by selling cars. Rather its engine is there in every car, so it would not like to restrict sale of its engines.
Old 17th February 2010, 17:47   #33
BHPian

The Dzire is a good affordable sedan which is too hard to resist for those who were earlier driving hatch backs. This combined with people looking for a second car, increased the demand. And the diesel is a much more sensible option. All this along with maruti's excellent record of customer satisfaction, and brand image is bound to result in great demand. I find it very hard to believe that the dealers themselves will deliberately prolong the delivery of the Dzire. Majority of Maruti dealers are a cultured lot and are highly unlikely to fudge facts. All this talk of its now Suzuki and not Maruti is simply brand bashing. Face it, Dzire is an excellent entry level sedan and is here to stay, and if you want one, queue up like the rest of the nation
Old 17th February 2010, 18:12   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post

The point here is, it really depends from dealer to dealer.
Its not Maruti's (Suzuki) fault IMO.

If a dealer manages to sell off his stock fast, then he'll have a waiting period, while some other dealer might have got a fresh delivery, hence no waiting period.

With so many dealers around india, this is bound to happen as everyone cannot be supplied at the same time.
I don't think Maruti or the dealers would intentionally try to prolong the waiting period.One of the maruti dealer told me he barely gets 4-5 Dzires in a month.He would be more than happy if he could get more & sell them as he would make more profit from selling more cars.
Old 17th February 2010, 19:20   #35
Senior - BHPian

Improper product planning leads to pile up of Dzire-d cars

Maruti has biggest production facelities in India. However, the production line is shared by a number of models at the same time.

Some of which are not going great guns, say - 800, Omni (replaced by much competent Eeco). If they they can get their sales forcast correct, & optimise producion of various cars over the different plants I don't have any doubt that the long waiting periods can be reduced to bearable delivery lags.

Further, Maruti's Management claimed some time back that the huge demand for the model has taken them by surprise. I do not think that they have come put of their celebrations to brood over the proper product strategies, which culd only have stopped few customers swaying to competitors' products.

The dealers are only reaping black money at the expense of poor customers.

Definitely Maruti's managers are to be blamed for the un-Dzirable fiasco.
Old 18th February 2010, 00:26   #36
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I have a Very Logical question here ...if Waiting period is due to FIAT engine , why did MSIL launched Ritz with same Engine. Didn,t they anticipated this at the time of Launching Ritz. Moreover Ritz is available with less waiting period or immediately on the shelf as a member posted above.

and Yes, you pay extra 25K to dealer , and he will give you spot on delivery of any variant . I think , it;s a artificially created waiting period .

I hope i am correct below if i remember correctly

As for The 1.3 Ltr MJT goes, there is no restriction on the no of engines MSIL can produce . it,s worth mentioning here that it was developed jointly by FIAT + GM Subsidary, which was acquired by Suzuki . Pls Note that GM has sold the subsidary to tide over the Financial mess it was in long before recession started.

Source - Fiat MultiJet Diesel Wins Engine Of The Year Award
Old 18th February 2010, 09:34   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
I have a Very Logical question here ...if Waiting period is due to FIAT engine , why did MSIL launched Ritz with same Engine. Didn,t they anticipated this at the time of Launching Ritz. Moreover Ritz is available with less waiting period or immediately on the shelf as a member posted above.

and Yes, you pay extra 25K to dealer , and he will give you spot on delivery of any variant . I think , it;s a artificially created waiting period .
I agree with your observation regarding Ritz.
I went a 3 Maruti showrooms with a plan to buy Dzire. They had no TD vehicle. They instead insisted me on buying Ritz and tried to woo in every posible way.
Old 9th May 2010, 21:24   #38
BHPian

Me too booked Dzire and waiting for the same

Any one thought of this?
The dealer in my native place is asking for 2L rupees as booking, and some times more and the waiting period is 4-5 months. Information is more than 45 of them waiting. Think about 90L (no interest paid to customer, particular in this dealer).
Again cancellation results in some fee.

Looting poor customer. Any such case?

Did a 2nd booking at Chennai, with 2-3 months wait period.
Old 9th May 2010, 22:59   #39
Senior - BHPian

Mass mentality resulted out of long waiting periods ( waiting period? Then it's got to be good ). Plus, rivals' failure to bring an equivalent product up to Dzire. Aveo looks a very promising car. Looks waaay better than Dzire. What is stopping GM from plonking a multijet engine developed by Fiat in which GM also owns a stake? GM has been dragging its feet on launching diesel car. When will these guys wake up? They move at a galacial pace. Much slower than even our Government plans and schemes.
Old 10th May 2010, 12:24   #40
Senior - BHPian

As per the dealer I just visited, the Dzire ZDi has the highest waiting period of 120 days followed by the Dzire ZXi.
This was because there is a constraint on the supply of Airbags and ABS modules which apparently come from Japan.
But going by that logic, the Ritz should also have the same constraints but doesnt, as its available off the shelf to within a week depending upon the colours.
Old 10th May 2010, 13:18   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Mass mentality resulted out of long waiting periods ( waiting period? Then it's got to be good ). Plus, rivals' failure to bring an equivalent product up to Dzire. Aveo looks a very promising car. Looks waaay better than Dzire. What is stopping GM from plonking a multijet engine developed by Fiat in which GM also owns a stake? GM has been dragging its feet on launching diesel car. When will these guys wake up? They move at a galacial pace. Much slower than even our Government plans and schemes.

Until a couple of years ago, India for GM was a minute market which did not need focus as they were busy playing bigger games elswhere. Now that the elswhere is gone or done, they realize what a potent market India is. They have launced Cruze with the diesel option. Hopefully threre will be more diesel options next year. The beat will have a diesel option next year any way. UVA face lift and launch will probably with the full options of the diesel and AT.

Last edited by Mafia : 10th May 2010 at 13:19.
Old 10th May 2010, 14:22   #42
BHPian

The concept of waiting period is not new. Remember the bad old times of the Fiat & Ambassador. People used to book it & almost forget about it by the time their turn came for delivery. Lets not forget that Maruti Suzuki also came up in those days only. This is also a very good trick for the dealerships to make some extra buck. If the person is very desperate he will be easily swindled by the dealer. Please consider that there are too many simple mortals out there who do not know the tricks of the dealer & thus become sitting ducks for them.
Till a strong contender does not hit their bottomline, I doubt Suzuki is ever going to change. Judging by the no. of people who swear by the Suzuki brand on this forum itself should make them feel at ease. I know I was also one who used to swer by them but realized their shortcomings & ditched the last time when I went shopping.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks