Team-BHP - VW Polo price. EDIT : Launched. Actual prices on Page. 12
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   VW Polo price. EDIT : Launched. Actual prices on Page. 12 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/75887-vw-polo-price-edit-launched-actual-prices-page-12-a-17.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by athul_S (Post 1748616)
We're talking about a global car from a highly successful German company

Its a tuned for India car. So you never know. Only test drive will reveal it.

Two tone interiors look like a mess. Islands of black in the middle of beige expanses on the dash. Then move to the doors and there are blobs of black in the middle of beige. Yuck!

These two Polo variants seem to be designed for people over 60: They're slow, courtesy of the 3-pot engines, don't have too many gadgets to confuse the senior citizens, and cost a lot, so that they can spend some of their extensive savings.

:Frustratiwaiting for a test drive from team bhp,untill then wht ever comments you hear/read,pls don't bang on them.Yes VW is a good brand and polo's pricing is up for the competition;that is it,all other points like VFM,machine,drive,handeling,space,specs etc..etc We have to wait untill anyone among us get his hands on the wheel AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.

i think the petrol 1.6 will be the version will all the goodies. like climate control and touchscreen audio. they will price it near jazz or above it just to piss of honda. :D hey if it sells bad for honda. if it does not it won't matter. i mean who cares for dessert when you are having cake for dinner :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by recshenoy (Post 1748825)
interior looks neat for me. Better than Punto. High time FIAT introduce some better looking interior in new Punto!

All depends on how it drives and A.S.S! Externally only appealing part for me is headlight. Back looks too bland to my taste. Overalll Plane jane looking car for me.

I will wait for Punto Sports rather or to 1.2 TSI

:D if wishes were horses. But may be we can wish to have 1.6L car to have ACC and airbags at a i20 pricing.

More wish from my side, may be a AT DSG box :D

they are saving all the goodies for the polo based sedan. they will come out with it next year and throw in all the goodies. to compete with linea and city and sx4. to get the price right they may put the 1.4 tsi. or even the 1.2 tsi.(pass on the duty benifits) or 1.6 100 bhp engine. it will have same 75% localisation.(same parts and bits). more cost savings. it makes perfect sense hahah. clap:

mods please merge my posts if u can. sorry for posting two times.:p

Polo is an nice car, no doubts about it but the choice of engines is not at all good. I would have loved to see a more powerful diesel and a TSi engine for petrol. Why is VW feeding us the outdated normal MPFI engines to us indians when they have such a nice range of TSi engines ready with them.

I think Jazz has a USP few other cars in the segment have, very modern design and loads of legroom few rivals can match which puts it essentially in a segment of its own, for a family that's a fantastic USP. With a better engine it would appeal to a lot more people, but Honda pricing remains a concern.

With the Polo rear legroom will be an issue, however looks to be a well built car living upto VW reputation for well built solid cars with good suspensions. Once again the 3 pot engine will be a concern for performance oriented folks but they don't make or break a market so the strategy with 1.2 seems fair just like Fiat did with Punto, they need to deliver these cars at a great price and with good mileage. If they launch the 1.6 it will be a niche market, for the performance folks like the S10 was.

I think its a great time to be a hatchback customer. The more competitive the market gets the more the manufacturers will be under pressure to deliver better value.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitverma123 (Post 1748945)
...They think the only way to sell cars to Indians is by giving mileage...sad :(

And aren't they absolutely spot-on. :)
Look around you and count the number of mileage-kings and the number of performance vehicles. Fingers in your left hand will be too many to count the latter.

IMO, VW is making all the right moves in India:
1. bring in the 1.2 petrol and hope budget does not have nasty surprises in excise duty for small engines.
2. Offer lesser priced cars initially to sooth indian fears of an expensive German car that was awared COTY 2009 in Europe.
3. Put all fancy stuff like 1.6, 1.2 TSI, etc to the backburner till they have tested the waters and gained acceptance in the tough indian market.

Kudos to the VW think-tank. Germans are after all the best managers and master plotters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 1749125)
.... Why is VW feeding us the outdated normal MPFI engines to us indians when they have such a nice range of TSi engines ready with them.

For the same reasons quoted above.
How can VW make in-roads into the tough indian market with overpriced hatches. Polo with 1.2 TSI won't be cheap and majority of indian customer base will write off Polo as yet another Jazz without looking under the hood.
In India, it makes sense to offer old technology, gain market share and acceptance and then get onto the fancier stuff for the discerning clientele.

Hats off once again to VW for understanding our needs better, unlike Fiat which went berserk with bigger and thirstier engines during initial stages itself.

VW polo walk around by overdrive! Enjoy guys! :)

YouTube - VW Polo Walkaround

I asked for the 1.6 Petrol here , in chd , the guy says the 1.6 l petrol will be in the last quarter of 2010 most probably .
I'm expecting it to be priced around 8 lakhs for the middle variant .

What surprises me is the precision of the approx. price VW quotted when they first announced they would launch Polo, way back in 2008.. 4.35 lakhs starting! VW seems to have laid out a long term commitment and vision for India.. Hope it does well with affordable A.S.S, and occassionally also offers us cars for spoil sports :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by anekho (Post 1749135)
VW polo walk around by overdrive! Enjoy guys! :)

At the beginning of the video I wondered whether the rear leg space is less, and back seat is cramped. Was it just my feeling? And then the presenter just demonstrates how cramped it is!!!

Rear leg room is going to be dampener, for a premium hatch back.

ok, so the prices are out and the 1.2 diesel does not sound too good when compared to the Punto and i20 esp considering the kit in both those cars.

What would be really interesting and extremely relevant to the success of the Polo is the A.S.S and that is where there has not been much news made by VW. I was expecting some kind of announcements on that front on the launch, but it doesn't seem to have happened.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbraj (Post 1749179)
At the beginning of the video I wondered whether the rear leg space is less, and back seat is cramped. Was it just my feeling? And then the presenter just demonstrates how cramped it is!!!

Rear leg room is going to be dampener, for a premium hatch back.

It was a deal breaker for Punto sometime. Now it's Polo and from the video it seems worse compared to Punto in terms of rear space ( legroom and headroom both )

At first glance, the pricing, the engine options and the rear seat space seem to make the Punto seem like a better deal.
We have to await the roadtest to be certain, but I think Fiat India can offer the Emotion Pack variant of the Punto with Linea spec interiors to counter the threat posed by the Polo.

Compared to VW, Tata-Fiat have a much broader service network too.

I don't agree with bertand d'souza because he mentions that he first adjusted the front seat according to his position . You can't complain about the leg space when you've got a baby elephant sitting on the front space , can you?