Team-BHP - VW Polo price. EDIT : Launched. Actual prices on Page. 12
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   VW Polo price. EDIT : Launched. Actual prices on Page. 12 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/75887-vw-polo-price-edit-launched-actual-prices-page-12-a-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaykc78 (Post 1747334)
Spoke to a dealer(Downtown Motors) in Bangalore and got these details -
1.2 Diesel : 6.5 - 8 Lakhs

75 bhp diesel for 8 lac on road. Has VW been doing pot? They have written their obituary before launch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amartya (Post 1747021)
Very nice and balanced post. Liked it.

I too have a grouse against the Polo's engines. The Punto too should have come with the VGT from day 1, but in their case the Multijet was not exactly a mediocre engine.

Thanks Amartya,

I should have put in a disclaimer saying that I haven't really looked at the diesel aspect, because I'm terribly biased against diesels.

In any case, isn't the Multijet quite ordinary now, considering that its become so common (Tata, Fiat, Maruti all have it)?

What I'd like to see is the 1.2TSI and 1.4TSI engines from VW, and the 1.4 T-Jet from Fiat. Its about time.

Quote:

1.2 Petrol : 5.5 - 7 Lakhs
1.6 Petrol : 7.5 Lakhs

All are on Road prices in Bangalore.

1.2 Petrol is going to be delivered from next month
1.2 diesel and 1.6 Petrol from June

It seems that even the lower limit of price will not affect swift/punto/i20 sales. but honda really needs to worry for their JAZZ.

Quote:

If this is the case VW Polo is a dud already. With those engines i dont think they have what it takes to get in the premium market. These prices are ridiculously high.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyWalker (Post 1747583)
These prices are ridiculously high.

Keep in mind Bangalore has ridiculously high on-road prices.
Prices elsewhere might look appealing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WindRide (Post 1747595)
Keep in mind Bangalore has ridiculously high on-road prices.
Prices elsewhere might look appealing.

Uh-huh. The VW dealer in Delhi told me something of the same. Say on road, the 1.6 would come out to be something between 7.5 - 8 lakhs.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baleno4397 (Post 1747469)
These figures are dream-killers. So, on-road price would be something very close 8.5 lakhs. I am heart broken. Someone had mentioned earlier that the on road price is around 6.04 Lakhs for 1.6 pertol. :Frustrati

I guess you missed out the part where it was mentioned that the prices are "On Road" Bangalore. Bangalore's on-road is on the higher side comparatively.

I was anticipating something like 7Lakhs for a 1.6 petrol. Well, 50k more is not good news. I am going to have my fingers crossed and hope it is only 7Lakhs or less.

Quote:

WoW these prices are just to laugh about, no offence to anybody..I feel this is ridiculous to have these insane pricing.
I know blore / govt of ka is a step ahead when it comes to stealing money from us...
I wonder whats the On Road price for the 1.6 Palio in blore, any thoughts on that

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiku007 (Post 1746464)
Common YVES.
1.Since when did the Oil sipping VW Jetta/Passat and epitome of un-reliable service = Skoda (VW Group) become the flag bearers of reliability?

2. The Japanese/Korean manufactures are unquestionably high on reliability.

"Owners willing to compromise safety will stick to Japanese cardboard boxes."

Which manufacturer are you referring to?

Koreans, chinese and the japs. They all look alike. Guess he couldnt tell a korean from a jap! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by crn12 (Post 1747666)
WoW these prices are just to laugh about, no offence to anybody..I feel this is ridiculous to have these insane pricing.
I know blore / govt of ka is a step ahead when it comes to stealing money from us...
I wonder whats the On Road price for the 1.6 Palio in blore, any thoughts on that

For 3 pot motors this would be joke of the season, if its true !!

Chill guys...

Bangalore has the highest taxes in India. If you compare Bangalore on-road prices it will always be insane regardless of the segment.

Thats why manufacturers never release their vehicles in Bangalore on the first day!

Quote:

Originally Posted by taurian2804 (Post 1747704)
For 3 pot motors this would be joke of the season, if its true !!

Too early to conclude. Looks like VW has tuned the 3-cyl to 'perfection' for indian roads. Whatever that means.

Let GTO's report clarify on engine quality.

If it's anywhere near Fiat FIRE 1.2 refinement, i will buy VW any day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baleno4397 (Post 1747469)
These figures are dream-killers. So, on-road price would be something very close 8.5 lakhs. I am heart broken. Someone had mentioned earlier that the on road price is around 6.04 Lakhs for 1.6 pertol. :Frustrati

Price may be of the high end variant.
Entry level variant should be less.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabiaous (Post 1747797)
Price may be of the high end variant.
Entry level variant should be less.

The 1.6L comes only with the Highline variant. Also I think that ACI could had have misprinted the price of the 1.6 version, it must be 6.40 lacs(ex-showroom). If that is the case then the B'lore on-road pricing may well be true.