Team-BHP - VW Polo price. EDIT : Launched. Actual prices on Page. 12
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   VW Polo price. EDIT : Launched. Actual prices on Page. 12 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/75887-vw-polo-price-edit-launched-actual-prices-page-12-a-2.html)

1) The prices are on the higher side considering that the petrol units are three cylinder variants borrowed from Fabia.

2) The good deal is 1.6 petrol highline, which looks like a steal after looking at 1.2 highline prices. I hope its not the 1.6 Jetta unit.

3) The diesel might be new ( which I doubt in the first place ), but its after all a three cylinder. Again high prices IMHO.

What about maintenance cost like cost of spares ? A list of that would be helpful to know the cost of ownership in the long run.

How did you get to know the prices?
Not questioning you, just want to know.
Afaik, prices are not yet declared and even many of the VW emps dont know - I just asked again (nth time) my friend for the price about 1/2 an hour ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by subscrive (Post 1743315)
How did you get to know the prices?
Not questioning you, just want to know.
Afaik, prices are not yet declared and even many of the VW emps dont know - I just asked again (nth time) my friend for the price about 1/2 an hour ago.

Source written in my first post.

god!! 1.6 is a STEAL!!.
lets hope that its not the same unit as the jetta, even if it is the same unit as jetta i think it will be apt for indian roads. what say?

The 1.6 Highline seems like the best variant to buy.The i20 and the Punto could face some heat and Jazz for sure will find it even tougher now.

Also what all features does the Highline have over the Comfortline???

Pricing seems to be on the saner side. they are looking to out compete jazz, i20 and maybe peek into swift customers.

1.6 seems very tempting.. the first 1.6 in a hatchback ????

Just Rs.6,04,000 for the 1.6 petrol highline!:Shockked: Delicious!:thumbs up Volkswagen. You've got a winner!

But is the 1.6 gonna be launched now or later? I just can't wait for that engine. What are the specs...105bhp and 150Nm of torque!! Awesome!
OTOH i just can't believe that the difference between 1.2 Highline and 1.6 Highline is just Rs.30,000!!! it's almost impossible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by madhukar_n (Post 1743357)
1.6 seems very tempting.. the first 1.6 in a hatchback ????

Have you forgotten the Palio 1.6GTX??

Prices are atleast costier by 20-40k than the expectation. Diesel may still be ok, but petrol prices are definitely higher.

This price still might be ok, provided the servicing & spares costs are kept low, which i seriously doubt.

Let us wait and watch.

Specs are damn good and pricing is spot on not too high nor too low just enough to distingish you from Maruti buying junta and stand out without paying over the top. Now they have to get the A** right and voila they can only go up

Wow that is some really good pricing from VW. Im sure if they keep their spare prices and service quality in check it will sell in big numbers.

Attaching the link to their brochure so that model features can be compared.
New Polo

Diesel could be a very good option if the engine is competitive and is not the same one as of Fabia. It is 1.25 lakhs cheaper than i20 diesel, of course its 1.2 as compared to 1.4 in i20 but even then.

Now where does this leave Fabia? Is it really worth the premium for the good finish & upmarket interiors?

Guess we can expect the 1.2 diesel in Fabia soon, with reduced pricing :)

Folks - Point to note is that VW has stuck to its word despite all the opinion to the contrary. When they first mentioned about Polo about 18 months or so ago they said it would sell for about 4.35 lakhs but generally most were skeptic.

Tells me that they stuck to what they said and hence says a lot about their commitment and seriousness to the Indian market.

All the best VW :thumbs up

Good thing is- prices are not as high as say the i20. Seems to be slotting exactly opposite the Punto. If the car could manage decent performance (especially the diesel) this might trouble Punto. I am not sure how Swift will be affected considering Maruti's ability reduce prices if there is a need.

However, if it is going to be a modified form of the Fabia's diesel motor, other manufacturers may not have much to worry about.