Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you fall easily to euhporia of new launch
Yes 14 19.18%
No 59 80.82%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2010, 11:33   #16
BHPian

I was in category 2 till about last month. I picked up the Beat based in the TeamBHP review! litelarally! Now I nervously am watching the monthly sales reports of Chevy! nothing to worry.. so far! the figo might cause me worry if the sales of the Beat get affected and figo eats into the Beat market!
Old 5th March 2010, 11:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

It would totally depend on THE CAR in question. For example, if the new Fiesta sedan was launched tomorrow, I think I'd jump in with my eyes closed
Old 5th March 2010, 11:53   #18
BHPian

i cant categorise myself that easily .all i know is that i am a sucker of good looking vehicles.2 years ago i was looking to buy a bike and r15 was launched .i bought it instantly and was the first bike from ludhiana dealership.
now i am looking for a diesel hatchback. i am waiting and getting confused more and more
Old 5th March 2010, 12:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Voted No; I would like to wait & see how the model performs (not with respect to sales, but with respect to my needs) even if its an international best seller or an exotic or the best car seller in the world.
Old 5th March 2010, 12:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

Falling into launch hype or following people review blindly both are bad. One should know their own demand and then TD the vehicle to see if that matches.

Not that I buy a new car every now and then, but I makeup and fix an impression of a new car (good or bad) at its launch. I trust reviews on internet and team-bhp more then the people I know. But ultimately I rely more on my study and observation at the time of actual watching the new car and after TD everything is crystal clear.
Old 5th March 2010, 12:57   #21
BHPian

Though I would vote 2. However I think there is a logic in seriously considering buying a new product - especially where the company is trying to woo new buyers and is willing to offer a good deal. For example the VW Polo, which was priced before the budget. This is one way to ignore companies like Maruti, who have developed a take it or leave it attitude.

However this will not work everywhere - ask the people who rushed in to buy initial versions of iPhone, only to regret it later when 3G and faster versions were offered for less money.
Old 5th March 2010, 13:10   #22

I guess the brand name has a great deal to do with any one deciding to buy a car. Like any car that maruti launches has a way better startup sales than say..fiat. A perfect example being the launch of rits which picked up almost instantly whereas punto's sales took some time to kick start reason being the image of the brand.
Old 6th March 2010, 10:59   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Voted NO. I don't make my purchase decisions based on who is the *newest* kid on the block. In fact, all the cars in my garage (until the Vtec was sold) have ceased production since long. And each one of them was bought in the later stages of their product lifecycle. '03 Vtec (last year of production), '07 Indigo TDI (5 years since launch), '97 Classic (2 years after launch) and '05 C220 (4 years after launch, though engine options were updated mid-life).

What matters is buying the car that best suits your requirements.
Old 6th March 2010, 11:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

I'm not an early adopter by any means!
I've already decided to buy an Indica vista , probably sport, a few years from now, after it is launched, and the spy shots of the next indica start showing up.

Getting a mature product means that it is fully supported, cheap, no hidden issues, and probably when the new product is launched, you get massive discounts.

I work as a tester. I get access to bleeding edge stuff and am paid to find issues in things. I certainly don't find any interest in me paying someone for the privilege of doing that for their product
Old 6th March 2010, 21:47   #25
BHPian

Im sure the launch hype of NANO is going to end disastrously..
The Concept of 1 lac car is very good. but a reasonably speced version costs 2 lacs...

Many including my family ve booked the nano
Honda Jazz had a lot of pre-launch hype, once the prices were out everyone stopped
Old 7th March 2010, 08:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

Voted for NO.
I will never fall into the marketing euphoria/hype. I know its just a hype and nothing serious. Look at VW Polo, they had wonderful campaign for the so called brand building. This was effective with people who are not aware of technicalities. What matters to them is VW brand.

I am exactly opposite to this. Any car or bike fitting my requirement is the best for me. The vehicles that we had are all unique by common man's standards. The brand building and launch euphoria work because the market is not having sufficient knowledge, which is not going to work with enthusiasts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks