Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2005, 21:19   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Why not get a Lancer?
It gives 12 Kmpl when doing 50 - 50 driving and it is an awesome product.
Discounts also are large.
Also the Ikon 1.6 has better FE then the Petra.
The Petra is just better overall.
The only difference between the Josh100 and the Ikon 1.6 are the music system (better available in the market) and Art Leather which also you can get from outside.
Also the Ikon 1.6 has better looks and is more fun to drive.
But isn't this quite old?
I mean, the Josh100 was launched last year. Check out with Shaman Ford.
You should get the same discount as you would on a regular 1.3.
Old 6th October 2005, 22:44   #17
BHPian

Air Con does not affect the 1.3 too much ... not something that would bother you ...
1.6 is definitely better looking ...14" and also the front bumper ...

There is a difference in FE should be about 2.5 kmpl ....

Do the Maths and take a decision ...
Old 7th October 2005, 14:42   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
So assuming an average 1kmpl FE difference between the 1.6 and the 1.3, and given that you drive 60-70 km a day (theoretically you are in the zone for a diesel .. but lets not go down that path).

Per month for 1.3 = 70kms * 30days/12kmpl(say) = 175 litres
Per month for 1.6 = 70kms * 30days/11kmpl(say) = 190 litres

So you are paying 15 * 50 (assuming Speed will hit 50 soon) = Rs. 750 per month.

Maybe you could curtail on something else in life, save on the 750 elsewhere, to avail of a better driving experience ?

It's your priorities in the end ...
based on your above calculation and also what metallica has said, yes, i could allocate that extra expenditure to the 1.6 and cut down elsewhere.

only think is, as in your calculation, the FE is not 11. Ford dealership themselves say the 1.6 will give between 7-8 in city traffic. also my close friend who had the 1.6 was never getting more than 8-9 in similar conditions. so the difference will not be just Rs.750.

so yeah. i need to work out the math well because at current prices the 1.6 is really worth it.

but only thing as mentioned in a related post is the future of the Ikon. it should not be discontinued within a couple of months of the fiesta launch.
Old 7th October 2005, 15:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider
so yeah. i need to work out the math well because at current prices the 1.6 is really worth it.
How much do dealers quote as FE for the 1.3 ?

A new thread today mentions that the 1.6 is now available below 5 L !!! So the current levels of discounts itself should pay for your fuel bill difference for quite some time !
Old 7th October 2005, 16:19   #20
BHPian

i got a call from the ford sales guys today saying that there would be a further discount of 80K (full cash discount) on the 1.6 models - both the EXi and the ZXi. so the ZXi will be 5.66 and the SXi close to 5 L on road... hows that for a deal??? i heard him say that this offer does not cover for the 1.3 models... do check the latest disc offerings in mumbai before u make the purchase.
Old 7th October 2005, 19:14   #21
BHPian

shuvc...

the 1.3 supposedly returns around 10 kmpl in city.

avinash...
i will be checking that out.

fact of the matter, the ikon was never on my radar. i was waiting for clarity of situation on the fiat front as i was decided on the petra or the palio. but then now we have this plant closing rumors etc.

then we happened to go to shakti ford to book my friend's fusion. thats when i gave the ikon a serious look.
Old 7th October 2005, 19:18   #22
BHPian

Always better to wait and watch before going for a Ford... should give the car dealers some time to stabilize their prices!
Old 7th October 2005, 23:07   #23
BHPian

Hell Rider ... I thought that you were pretty much decided on the Ikon therefore I did not suggest other cars.

With your running of about 2000 Km per month , I suggest you give a good look to the Tata cars ... TDi , it will be a more practical thing to do ....
Old 8th October 2005, 01:52   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallica
Hell Rider ... I thought that you were pretty much decided on the Ikon therefore I did not suggest other cars.

With your running of about 2000 Km per month , I suggest you give a good look to the Tata cars ... TDi , it will be a more practical thing to do ....
indigo/indica are my last ditch options. if i can't find anything else that excites me (and of course in my budget most importantly) i will probably go for the indigo, as i might at least get the benefit of a low running cost. my car will be self-driven and i did not find the indigo very high on driving pleasure. since i will be spending considerable amount of time in my car, i'd like to go for something that gives me a bit more than the indigo.
Old 10th October 2005, 14:05   #25
BHPian

Quote:
shuvc...
fact of the matter, the ikon was never on my radar. i was waiting for clarity of situation on the fiat front as i was decided on the petra or the palio. but then now we have this plant closing rumors etc.
then we happened to go to shakti ford to book my friend's fusion. thats when i gave the ikon a serious look.
that territory has been pretty much beaten up!!! i too was planning to go in for a petra!!! but since the uncertainities seem to stay that way, have now started to look out for the ikon!!! as i mentioned previously, the ikon ZXi comes for 5.81L (wo corp disc) and 5.66 w corp disc.
but the ikon does not have the comfort that i had found in the fiat when cruising at 100+ speeds, not to say that the ikon is bad, it does not stand much of a chance against the petra in the front!!! stability!!!

Quote:
indigo/indica are my last ditch options. if i can't find anything else that excites me (and of course in my budget most importantly) i will probably go for the indigo, as i might at least get the benefit of a low running cost. my car will be self-driven and i did not find the indigo very high on driving pleasure. since i will be spending considerable amount of time in my car, i'd like to go for something that gives me a bit more than the indigo.
well again, if you have in mind huge monthly bills for fuel, then the best option would be the diesels... have u tried the petra diesel, thats a pretty good car too..
if only we didn't have any of these uncertainities regarding the fiats... i would be driving the petra by now

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks