Team-BHP - First Pics-2010 BS 4 alto
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   First Pics-2010 BS 4 alto (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/79422-first-pics-2010-bs-4-alto-9.html)

I dont see the temp and fuel guages. Howz it in Echo? Warning lights or the LCD display has toggle option to display them?

The BS 4 Alto has arrived in Mumbai. Saw it in the yard of Spectra at Borivali (datta pada flyover, besides their showroom). I could identify it from its wheel rims.

BS-IV Alto is available at Bimal Showroom, Whitefield Road. Sadly, there is no price cut for the stripped down Alto. On-road price is 3,44,342 and there is cash discount of 12k - 3,32,342 is what we need to shell out for the so called VFM car. Add another 18k and u get the Spark PS version. Specifically asked the sales person for the temperature gauge and the reply was "if the engine gets heated up, the engine malfunction light will glow :Shockked:" The doors too were not closing properly and the sales person said there is something wrong with this particular door. Overall, a car that is screaming CHEAP from all angles!

Only black BS-III Alto is available with them at the same price/discount + accessories worth 4K.

Test drive vehicle is still not available at Bimal - waiting for a test drive report from one of you.

Not a good news. Tata Nano seems to be even more value for money after the launch of Alto BSIV.

those black bs3 altos are mostly for taxis

Quote:

Originally Posted by sada (Post 1846074)
On-road price is 3,44,342 and there is cash discount of 12k - 3,32,342 is what we need to shell out for the so called VFM car. Add another 18k and u get the Spark PS version.

I'm sorry, OTR of 3.3 lacs :Shockked:? We paid less than that for our Spark LS + Central Locking + Keyless Entry + Registration. We sure get things cheap here.... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by anku94 (Post 1846178)
I'm sorry, OTR of 3.3 lacs :Shockked:? We paid less than that for our Spark LS + Central Locking + Keyless Entry + Registration. We sure get things cheap here.... :)

yeah buddy, bangalore sure is way too costly for any car lover, The High RTO Taxes are a big sore point for any new/used car buyer, Imagine this, a 10L car would be approx 2~2.5L more costly in bangalore than Delhi/Gurgaon. :Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by fx45 (Post 1846154)
those black bs3 altos are mostly for taxis

stupid: Where are altos used as taxis? Just an interest!

^^ Funnily enough, I was thinking the same, and I recalled when had I used/seen an Alto Taxi.

While coming back from a trek in Uttaranchal, I noticed a lot of Alto taxi's. I kid you not, they seemed to be quite popular. I guess their frugal nature and ease of service and low initial cost made them popular. If you go to the erstwhile UP hills (i get confused between Uttaranchal/Uttarakhand, I think it's all Uttarakhand now), there actually are quite a few Maruti Omni's and Alto's used as taxis.

The same can be said for the roads to Darjeeling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackasta (Post 1846232)
stupid: Where are altos used as taxis? Just an interest!

In mumbai there are many.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amartya (Post 1846258)
^^ Funnily enough, I was thinking the same, and I recalled when had I used/seen an Alto Taxi.

While coming back from a trek in Uttaranchal, I noticed a lot of Alto taxi's. I kid you not, they seemed to be quite popular. I guess their frugal nature and ease of service and low initial cost made them popular. If you go to the erstwhile UP hills (i get confused between Uttaranchal/Uttarakhand, I think it's all Uttarakhand now), there actually are quite a few Maruti Omni's and Alto's used as taxis.

The same can be said for the roads to Darjeeling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Alok) (Post 1846290)
In mumbai there are many.

Actually cabs tend to be spacious. Hence the query.

Alto taxis are common in Chandigarh & Himachal Pradesh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sada (Post 1846074)
BS-IV Alto is available at Bimal Showroom, Whitefield Road.
=================
Test drive vehicle is still not available at Bimal - waiting for a test drive report from one of you.

I got my AltoLXi BS3+autocop+seat covers at 2,81,665(Jun 09) OTR Delhi

If Alto breaks the 3lac barrier, it is delving into Spark/Santro/I10 territory and may take quite a beating especially by 3 yr cashless maintenance from GM.

BTW, BS3 Altos are still being sold and being registered back-date, only if you desperately need one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustCause (Post 1846658)
I got my AltoLXi BS3+autocop+seat covers at 2,81,665(Jun 09) OTR Delhi

If Alto breaks the 3lac barrier, it is delving into Spark/Santro/I10 territory and may take quite a beating especially by 3 yr cashless maintenance from GM.

BTW, BS3 Altos are still being sold and being registered back-date, only if you desperately need one.

I paid 3.00 Lac OTR last July. No autocop, no seat covers.

Spark/Santro/i10 were priced proportionately higher.

It depends where you buy the car, dude!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gansan (Post 1846680)
I paid 3.00 Lac OTR last July. No autocop, no seat covers.

Spark/Santro/i10 were priced proportionately higher.

It depends where you buy the car, dude!

agree: I was waiting for your reply. My alto was originally priced 2,96,355 but the dealer said we are offering 15k off+2k corporate discount.

:OTWhat I can't digest is that New Delhi has more vehicles than all other metros combined,still cars are cheaper to buy & register here.