Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2010, 11:38   #31
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

You were quite lucky to get the replacement and even more so to have it so so soon.

That you managed to keep them at the workshop till 1 at night is an achievement that I can't dream of.
Old 16th April 2010, 13:41   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill22g View Post
When i went in for the first service of my vehicle, the service adviser told me that ford is sending a brand new engine for the silver endy and that would be changed and only then would the vehicle be sold.
Well, I hope they plan to inform the future buyer about the engine change and offer a good discount as well. I am sure no one wants to pay full price for a vehicle where the engine was replaced even if it's working fine after replacement. Please post the VIN here if you can.
Old 16th April 2010, 14:36   #33
BHPian

Congrats on your NEW NEW car , I guess the gate blocking did the trick.
Old 16th April 2010, 14:47   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Well, I hope they plan to inform the future buyer about the engine change and offer a good discount as well. I am sure no one wants to pay full price for a vehicle where the engine was replaced even if it's working fine after replacement. Please post the VIN here if you can.
Is it possible to get the new engine with the same VIN number? Just curious as I have no clue on this. may be the engine number can be retained.
Old 16th April 2010, 14:58   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Is it possible to get the new engine with the same VIN number? Just curious as I have no clue on this. may be the engine number can be retained.
I don't think it's possible. The number is stamped by a robot in the factory and a good manufacturer will ensure that the software cannot repeat engine numbers. In Ford vehicles, the last 7 characters of the VIN is also the engine number. VIN and Chassis # are the same in Ford.
Old 16th April 2010, 18:34   #36
BHPian

here are the pics of my new endeavour
the tyres are Bridgestone Desert Duelers 275/60R 16
Old 16th April 2010, 18:45   #37
BHPian

Here are the pics of my New Endeavour
The Tyres are Bridgestone Desert Duelers 275/70R16
Attached Thumbnails
Ford replaces  my faulty Endeavour-picture-083.jpg  

Ford replaces  my faulty Endeavour-picture-108.jpg  

Ford replaces  my faulty Endeavour-picture-038.jpg  

Ford replaces  my faulty Endeavour-picture-027.jpg  

Gill22g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2010, 06:56   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The guy who performed PDI on the silver vehicle before delivering it to me told that the vehicle was performing OK before it was delivered to me, the problem the diagnosed was with the injectors, they died down after reaching a certain temoerature
What is the nature checking done by Ford? Toyota, for example, runs the vehicle for 200KMs, replaces engine oil and then delivers the vehicle. Surprised that the temperature issue is not found upfront.

Gill22g, great pics. Looks awesome.

BTW, the registration number - is that a temperory one, shown in the pics? Not getting a clue about the pattern.
Old 17th April 2010, 08:25   #39
Senior - BHPian

Your worst nightmare came true !!

A 16 lac car failing on you within an hour of coming out is not something anyone can survive.

I also think your stern stand on being there till 1 AM and then coming back the next day resulted in the dealer replacing the vehicle so soon. Usually this is not the case as dealers just back off and tell you to go the legal way or write to higher authorities.

Ford did a good job - more so the dealer !

I am surprised they have not been able to rectify the problem so far, and are changing the engine now. It will be fun to know whether the same endy will be sold as new to an unsuspecting customer. I hope so not !

Brilliant pics and one of my favorite cars. Is this the one with new Sat Nav HU ? Also twin LCD screens on the headrests ?

That thing on the Bonnet is aftermarket, right ? How Much ?

Last edited by vkochar : 17th April 2010 at 08:26.
Old 17th April 2010, 08:38   #40
BHPian

Congratulations Friend, Nice purchase. Beautiful pics (If possible post some more). New vehicle stopping in the middle of the road??? Thats shockking. Nice to know Ford replaced your Endy with a new one and a big to that. Your stand (waiting till 1 AM) was a major factor. Enjoy the new Endy and keep updating the thread.

Enjoy, Drive Safe.
Old 17th April 2010, 09:12   #41
Senior - BHPian

hey gill, congrats on your new car and kudo's to Ford / Dealer to have acted so fast in resolving the issue.

Having had bothe engine and chassis change on my Bolero, I can tell you that the even with engine change the numbers will remain the same. The engine / Chassis for replacement in vehicle are manufactured separately and they are not imprinted with numbers on the assembly Line. After the new engine is installed in the car, the number on the old engine will wiped off so that there are no 2 engines with the same number.
Old 17th April 2010, 10:09   #42
BHPian

@SBRAJ, yes that's a temporary no

@VKOCHAR, thats a bug guard, ordered it from a local accessory shop, then he arranged it from Thailand it cost me 4500/- and no its not the automatic version with the sat nav and other accessories, its the manual 2.5ltr Model
Old 18th February 2014, 14:00   #43
BHPian

Re: Ford replaces my faulty Endeavour

Hi All, I have now sold my beautiful endeavour and replaced it with a new 2014 4X4 Toyota Fortuner.
Gill22g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 15:05   #44
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford replaces my faulty Endeavour

Quote:
Hi All, I have now sold my beautiful endeavour and replaced it with a new 2014 4X4 Toyota Fortuner.
congrats on the buy - please do post an ownership review of the Fortuner.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 16:19   #45
BHPian

Thanks nkrishnap, I will surely do, but my initial observation is that the Endy was a better vehicle to drive.

By better i mean that Endy was easier to drive around as it had a lighter steering as compared to the fortuner, also it had a better visibility all around because of its larger windows and driving position. As for the fortuner, it definitely feels more powerful because of its larger engine( 3000cc compared to 2500cc of the endy).

Last edited by Samurai : 18th February 2014 at 23:46. Reason: back to back post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks