Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2010, 11:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Both are from the same platform & the rear section carries similar designs as well.

This has been extensively discussed in the Figo review thread.

No offense Sid! Do we really need a thread on the Indian car scene just to discuss this?
Old 26th April 2010, 11:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
similar situation when a casual observer mistakes a figo for the fusion?
The rear side profile is absolutely fusion look alike.

Last friday, i saw a new look fusion driving in front of me and i was shocked that a new variant has been launched and i missed to read in newspapers as well as t-bhp. I then realised, 'oh.. its figo'
Old 26th April 2010, 13:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

could some one please post photos of both figo & fusion and clear the figfusion (big confusion).

this thread is worthless without the photos of the two cars in question!

Old 26th April 2010, 13:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

I really never bothered to notice too much, but did not quite notice too much similarities between the two cars. They both seem to be poles apart.

The Figo infact is so much more smaller at the rear, but does not draw too much resemblance to the Fusion which had a very distinct, but sort of boring style (no offense to Fusion lovers / admirers)

This on the other hand looks different from any angle and not to mention the vivid colours. I have yet to speak to someone who has probably misaken the two maybe
Old 26th April 2010, 14:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

Yes i agree on this, yesterday i saw one red figo and it look excellent from front but rear looked horrible like 5 year old design. Ford should have done a better job with rear end design.
Old 26th April 2010, 14:25   #21
BHPian

There is a difference between this thread and the thread that discussed similarities between vista and the older generation Indica.
While a lot of people can actually mistake Vista for Indica, nobody (discounting the rather small motor enthusiast population) would mistake Figo for Fusion simply because they have not seen much of a Fusion running on the roads.
Old 26th April 2010, 16:56   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
could some one please post photos of both figo & fusion and clear the figfusion (big confusion).
this thread is worthless without the photos of the two cars in question!

The pictures are here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1827007

Thanks to Gemi.
Old 26th April 2010, 18:24   #23
BHPian

I seem to spot more Fusions on roads. Then i figured out that i never cared about the fusions earlier and now i follow them mistaking them for figos. Only later do i realize that it is a fusion which i never bothered to even give a second look.
Old 26th April 2010, 23:47   #24
BHPian

Could not agree more with you sid.
The Figo looks nearly identical to the fusion especially at the rear and is a bit confusing even for petroheads.
The vista was marred with a taxi image due to the ubiquitous use of indica taxis. The fusion sold in limited numbers in the first place and hence does not affect the figo much.
Old 27th April 2010, 01:52   #25
BHPian

I was scolding the Ford guys for the confusion (in a murmur) a few times yesterday. Reason: I saw some bright coloured Fusions and was wondering when did they re-launch the Fusion and when I come to side of the car or cross it I realize that it is a Figo.

Damn, the tail lamps, rear three quarters are very similar unless we identify the height and the angle and which the tail lamps are tilted - very difficult to judge when you are driving in traffic.

My wife caught me murmuring and asked me "what". I pointed to that car and said "see that new car". She observed and said "what new car? don't we have that one in our apartment for a few years now?" ...

Well, I guess that says a lot.
Old 27th April 2010, 13:55   #26
BHPian

The funny thing happening is suddenly the Fusion which had a pretty low profile till couple of months back is attracting inquisitive looks.

Mr.Oblivious : Look!Thats the new Ford car.
Mrs.Oblivious : It says Fusion. I like the car, why don't you buy me one.
Mr.Oblivious to the Fusion guy : Nice car friend. 5 lac? Final?
Fusion guy (very happy) : Deal.
Old 27th April 2010, 16:17   #27
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Fusion was not bought by people as it was not bought by other people and the circle went on as people wanted to play safe. Fusion was recognized as a good vehicle but one that would depreciate fast if bought new and hence even fewer people contemplated it.

Figo is indeed similar looking as the Fusion but shorter in lenght and height both. It's not even the same platform, but it is at the right price point, and it;s initial success will ensure that even more will flock to it and make it a success.
Old 27th April 2010, 17:52   #28
BHPian

Figo rear looks very similar to another Ford car sold in North America "Ford Focus Turnier".
Attached Thumbnails
Thats a Figo. No, Fusion. No..Figo.ooh..Can't FIGure Out!-figofocus.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks