Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2010, 11:46   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
I as well confirmed with him twice regarding the registration and he told me that they had registered about 5 Tata Sumo's with BSIII in the past couple days.

He says that the vehicles that were manufactured with BSIII norms can be registered until they are all sold.
Thats what even I have heard. All cars manufactured after April 1st need to be BS IV in-order for the RTO to register it, any car manufactured before April 1st however can be registered in the BS IV cities. Can someone please confirm if this is really the case or is it just a rumor
Old 6th May 2010, 12:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Thats what even I have heard. All cars manufactured after April 1st need to be BS IV in-order for the RTO to register it, any car manufactured before April 1st however can be registered in the BS IV cities. Can someone please confirm if this is really the case or is it just a rumor
This is indeed true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Guys, I might be wrong or the info I recieved might be incorrect, but last evening spoke to a rep from Fiat who confirmed that he could get a 1.6S for me !!

I as well confirmed with him twice regarding the registration and he told me that they had registered about 5 Tata Sumo's with BSIII in the past couple days.

He says that the vehicles that were manufactured with BSIII norms can be registered until they are all sold.
He's right.

Last edited by directinjection : 6th May 2010 at 12:11.
Old 6th May 2010, 14:44   #18
BHPian

These days, the only cars being launched are dull, fuel-efficient, tin-wrapped city runabouts. No manufacturer dares to bring out a well-built 1.6 version. Sigh.

Really wonder how Fiat managed to give customers a 1.6L 100BHP hatchback at sub-5 lacs . Truly amazing!!
Old 6th May 2010, 15:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

I couldn't possibly agree more with you WindRide. Palio 1.6S was built purely for Performance and Primarily to be owned by Driving Enthusiasts.
I agree palio doesn't have ABS, Airbags, can't give 20kmpl of FE, doesn't show temperature changes, etc but it can do somthing which many sedans with all these features can never do....0-100 in little over 10 seconds!! WAAAW
Old 6th May 2010, 15:30   #20
BHPian

Un-offically it is out!

I tried a lot to get 1.6, from January till March'10. Initially when I booked it on 7th January they told me I won't get Ferrari Red as only Black is manufactured. I said no problem. Then after couple of weeks the dealer said they are going to manufacture 1.6 Stile only in silver. I said I am fine even if FIAT doesn't want to paint the car, just Palio 1.6 matters.
Then after two months of waiting, in first week of March, I checked with the dealer but he sounded unconvincing when he asked me to wait for couple more weeks.
I had a Palio Users Group (PUG) member in this quest with me, who tried hard to get some assurances about delivery from dealer and directly from FIAT. In the end even he told me book some other car. BTW, he owns 1.6 Stile.
Now considering the fact this was even before B-IV norms became mandatory. I doubt they are selling it any more.
Same thing happened with another PUG member in last December, he was turned down after waiting for a month.
Old 25th May 2010, 19:55   #21
BHPian

Guys ,assuming the available 1.6s are from 2009 or 2008 manufacturing and that the production has almost stopped, what would be an ideal amount to bargain for a 1.6 considering its on road price in mumbai is 5.2L

Last edited by MihirC : 25th May 2010 at 19:59. Reason: spell check
Old 26th May 2010, 10:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hey Mihir, there were very few who wanted the 1.6S Palio like the way I did. I even went to an extent of booking one a month back!!

But trust me buddy, its not worth the effort. Fiat(India) don't seem interested themselves in marketing this model so you can imagine how an A.S.S response might be.

Lets face it guys, we pay loads of hard earned money and expect the Manufacturer to atleast fix existing issues if not prevent future ones. In my books, Fiat don't seem to give a Dime about your Past, Present and Future issues!!
Atleast, NOT YET W.R.T Palio.
Old 26th May 2010, 18:39   #23
BHPian

How about the regular Palio Stile 1.1 or the Palio Stile multijet? I checked with Concorde here in bangalore and they are not selling it. Do dealers outside the BSIV metros stock it?
Old 26th May 2010, 22:38   #24
BHPian

1.5L discount on Palios - BSIII

Yes!, believe it or not due to the constant endeavours by us it is a reality
now. Now for some history:

Once I sold my Gtx I was looking for a diesel car and it had to be Fiat for
obvious reasons, even though the 50K discount on Punto was attractive it some how did not suit my budget so me and bala were discussing one night that there might be a high possibility of MJD's unsold with dealers and if we could find the right person then its Jackpot, I immediately called Vignesh in chennai who told me that there was a red SDE in VST chennai and gave us a good lead to one of the marketing guys in VST named Kadher, Engaging him was not an easy task as no Fiat dealer is interested in selling production stopped cars as it would be a burden on their inventory, but luckily I was able to convince him that we will take 2 or 3 cars and then he got us the details of the cars in the company yard but the discounts offered were not that great, without losing heart I tried to contact all the top brass in Fiat marketing and one angel and fellow pug member Mr.Manish of south sales came to our rescue. With long drawn battles we got a good offer for 4 MJD's for me and fellow coimbatore Pugians.

There are still 23 Mjd's and unknown numbers of 1.1's the discount is as
follows:

1. MJD sd - 3.29 L
2. MJD sde - 3.49 L
3. MJD sdx - 3.69 L
4. 1.1 SL - 2.32 L
5. 1.1 Sle - 2.49 L

All the prices are Ex showroom, however the goodies doesn't stop there

1.48 Months Warranty
2.48 Months roadside assistance
3. Free Insurance

Since they can't give the offer only to me they gave the offer to all the
dealers exactly at 10 in the morning after I paid the booking amount for 4 cars.

I would like to acknowledge the contributions by Bala and vignesh and also how can one forget anand who took 3 cars on my word.

So friends what are you waiting for lets Loot!
Old 26th May 2010, 23:09   #25
BHPian

If I were you, I would not buy a new palio. A second hand would do for me. Or better still, would settle for a vRS, Civic or a Corolla.
Old 3rd June 2010, 19:28   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makesh View Post

There are still 23 Mjd's and unknown numbers of 1.1's the discount is as
follows:

1. MJD sd - 3.29 L
2. MJD sde - 3.49 L
3. MJD sdx - 3.69 L
4. 1.1 SL - 2.32 L
5. 1.1 Sle - 2.49 L

All the prices are Ex showroom, however the goodies doesn't stop there

1.48 Months Warranty
2.48 Months roadside assistance
3. Free Insurance
Thanks Makesh. Do dealers stock them OR its at some Fiat yard and the dealers source it for you? If the dealers stock it do you know of one in bangalore? Please let me know.
Old 4th June 2010, 15:42   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
Thanks Makesh. Do dealers stock them OR its at some Fiat yard and the dealers source it for you? If the dealers stock it do you know of one in bangalore? Please let me know.
Dealers are not stocking it and they are sourcing it from FIAT factory after booking orders are confirmed.

Check with your local authorised dealers.
Old 9th June 2010, 17:02   #28
BHPian

What would be an ideal amount to bargain for a 1.6 considering its on road price in mumbai is 5.2L. What facts can be used to my advantage to get a better discount, may be something like its a slow selling model, its almost out of production etc etc??

Last edited by MihirC : 9th June 2010 at 17:13.
Old 9th June 2010, 17:46   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys, this was one of my Personal "Sticky Threads" about a month back.
I was so excited about picking up one of my dream cars and the very fact that it was confirmed by Fiat themselves had just made me Hysterical !! Trust me fellows, I am just referring to a date during the 1st or 2nd week of May, when I had spoken to Fiat regarding picking up a Sport and was iniformed that if I made a DP of about a Lakh, which would double as an Advance, the car would be built on Order and delivered in about 25 days!!

My Wife would just wonder why I would just not stop smiling for days together(probably even in my sleep)...little she knew that this confirmation had got me here!!

Then comes the Nightmare !!

To begin with I stop getting calls from the Fiat guys. The promise call backs and thats the best they do for over a week.
Inspite of all this, I am ready with the Cheque and call Fiat. Now, here I would want to mention that as it stands I can't mention the name of the Dealer but the spokesperson was one by name Vijay. I wanted to place an order for a Black Sport. He says that there is only a Silver Sport in the plant and that is what can be delivered - Almost sounds like whatever he said earlier about building a sport on order is just a big cart load of C&$% !!
I could almost see my dream shattered!! With a heavy heart I go ahead with Silver. He agrees to collect the cheque in 2 days.
What mattered the most to me I guess was 1.6S Italiano, colour came second!!
The smile is kinda back on my face when suddenly its wiped off totally!! I get a call from some dude in Fiat who says that they will deliver the Car but getting it registered in Bangalore is my Headache - Verbatim!!

You Can Keep your Italian Dude. I am Korean - My Verbatim!!

Guys, this experience has kinda educated me on one Fact. It's Better to Spend on a Known Veteran than gamble with an Unknown Novice.

Fiat is way to Classy and Palio Sport was Arguably the Best Car ever made for Indian roads. But guys, People who work for Fiat fall below its Class, Way Below.

Any Possible Buyers, Please think Twice before you Pick this Italian Stud. Fiat may give you great discounts but IMHO not worth any if nobody would listen to your woes(if any) once you Drive the Dream Home !!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 9th June 2010 at 17:48.
Old 9th June 2010, 18:12   #30
BHPian

It's good that you have realized it before buying it ;-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks