Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2006, 10:08   #16
BHPian

If you are looking for a different opinion, try the Tempo-Trax Gurkha.. Nothing beats its off-roading capabilities.. I am a new fan of the Gurkha..

BTW, isn't this a very old thread and i thought you should have bought a vehicle for your dad by now..

Cheers,
Manish
Old 20th May 2006, 12:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Currently Im using my friends Gypsy with a 1.8L isuzu diesel in it....Its got not so gud ride due to stiff suspension but is pretty decent over all. 15kmpl for diesel is cool.
Wow - this got me thinking. Need a second car sooner or later. Loved the gypsy - bit scared of its petrol bills and rear suspension.

a) legal to plonk in the Isuzu 1.8 ? How do u source one, how reliable and easy to maintain is it? Isnt is heavy - can the existing setup handle that weight ?
b) what possibilities exist for a new suspension setup ?
Old 20th May 2006, 13:06   #18
BHPian

hey sameer, i have a jeep cj3b and have fitted an isuzu 2.0 L turbo diesel engine and 4x4 gearbox made for that engine and have no sort of issues since a very long time the jeep runs smooth, its fast and after a minor adjustments its good to go. The turbo really makes it fly and as its an isuzu engine all spare parts are easily available due to their use in ambassadors. Hence it is not a bad option.....the FE is around 15-18 kmpl in diesel...which is brilliant.

about the thing being legal or not...its not really legal but nobody really cares to check especially in an old jeep or the other option is getting the vehicle re-registered from an another state where the rules are somewhat relaxed.
Old 20th May 2006, 17:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

http://www.wildlywise.com/raid05_gypsies.htm
treat for Gypsy fans

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks