Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2010, 23:21   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhall_gagan View Post
Rightly put evo. They have changed the segments of all their cars. CRV has also followed in the same footsteps. Bringing in a brand new version and charging higher can still be understood. But you simply cant increase the prices by changing the tail lamps. Come on.
It does look like they are moving their cars a segment above in terms of price. The car lengths don't justify it, though. The Civic is shorter than the Linea!
Old 19th June 2010, 20:43   #77
BHPian

Ground clearance?

Hi,

In this new version of 2010 Civic, is there any improvement done for the suspension to ensure that car has decent ground clearance even when it is loaded with 4 to 5 adults? I see this information only in some threads in team-bhp but never in official statement from Honda. Can someone give feedback on the new Honda civic, from ground clearance perspective.
Old 19th June 2010, 21:33   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Why can't they just cut the price and get down to selling cars again instead of adding a couple of pillows and spraying perfume inside the car, that no one cares about?

BTW, the last time they came out with an E it didn't sell.
Could not agree with you - M O R E !!! I think Honda has seated itself on a pedestal because of their initial success in the market when they had a good car competing with the Accent or the MPFi Esteem.

At that point they were justified to command a premium AND the Indian public had their first taste of a good car.

Things have drastically changed since then - they need to wake up to reality, lest "reality bites"

Wake up - you are no longer "the" car maker, there is severe competition breathing down your neck !!!!!!

Historically - any business that thinks it has achieved the pinnacle of success, usually wakes up when it bites dust. Honda is coming close to that.

Cheers
Old 20th June 2010, 10:53   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Hi,

In this new version of 2010 Civic, is there any improvement done for the suspension to ensure that car has decent ground clearance even when it is loaded with 4 to 5 adults? I see this information only in some threads in team-bhp but never in official statement from Honda. Can someone give feedback on the new Honda civic, from ground clearance perspective.
They had modified the rear mounting points when it was upgraded in September 2009. I have not faced any problem so far, but then it less than a month. The consensus seems to be that it is over-hyped, and shows up only on heavy laden cars, at speed.

I had done a TD on the bumps in IIT Campus at my normal speeds (as with Santro & Accent) with no problems.
Old 21st June 2010, 01:28   #80
Team-BHP Support

Honda will have to learn its lesson the hard way. And let's not hope that it's too hard though!

What they really need to do is slash prices on all their cars; the Jazz, the City and the Civic. They need to get down from their high-horse and understand that there is little that separates them from other brands.
Old 21st June 2010, 09:00   #81
BANNED

@suhaas307: I can see a glimmer of this happening. In the Civic V they have added Rs.10k to the price, and included the Parking/reversing Sensors. These used to be a 20k option. Thus going from BS3 to BS4 has reduced the effective price by 10k!
Old 21st June 2010, 09:37   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@suhaas307: I can see a glimmer of this happening. In the Civic V they have added Rs.10k to the price, and included the Parking/reversing Sensors. These used to be a 20k option. Thus going from BS3 to BS4 has reduced the effective price by 10k!
I don't think 10k is a substantial enough price-cut. They need to get more serious with their strategy. In today's TOI, there is an advertisement on the Jazz in which Honda are offering 50k off/worth goodies. Let's hope the strategy works.
Old 21st June 2010, 10:42   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
and included the Parking/reversing Sensors. These used to be a 20k option.
Is the OE unit, the same as the optional sensor? IIRC, the optional sensor had some kind of rear view mirror display. Does the OE have the same?
Old 21st June 2010, 11:06   #84
BANNED

@shuvc: When booking in March they were not aware of the upgrade. They told me it is just a beeper - which is what it is. Must be the same as OE. I think the add ons from the open market give the light (and may be the beeper).
Old 21st June 2010, 11:24   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Is the OE unit, the same as the optional sensor? IIRC, the optional sensor had some kind of rear view mirror display. Does the OE have the same?
No, it is not. When I was exploring the option of going in for a reverse sensor and evaluating the OE and the non OE, the non OE had the display in the rear view mirror and appeared functionally better while the OE had only the beep sound sans any display on the RVM. The non OE costed 4K while the OE was 5 times costlier.

Last edited by rr_zen : 21st June 2010 at 11:26.
Old 27th June 2010, 06:04   #86
BHPian

I quite like the car. And I td-ed pretty much everything in the same price range... except the cruze, which released after I purchased it. Not that it would have changed my choice, I've driven one since and prefer the civic.

Don't see how 'parking sensors' actually adds any value at the V level though and a 10k discount is laughable when you consider the 15L OTR cost in Mumbai City Limits.

Remains to be seen if they make some cosmetic changes too or whether it is restricted to what is announced.
Old 27th June 2010, 11:15   #87
BANNED

No other cosmetic changes, as far as I can see.

I hope they have stopped MRF tyres in Civivcs.
Old 27th June 2010, 12:26   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Honda will have to learn its lesson the hard way. And let's not hope that it's too hard though!

What they really need to do is slash prices on all their cars; the Jazz, the City and the Civic. They need to get down from their high-horse and understand that there is little that separates them from other brands.
Well, you know Honda is the segment leader in the City-Linea-Fiesta-SX4 category, it was the leader for years in the Civic-Corolla-Elantra-Laura category and one has got to say, they charged a premium but got the desired results. Yes, the Jazz price they messed up royally. The Civic isnt overpriced i feel, its just at the end of its product life cycle and the 1 yr delay in the launch of the new civic globally is hurting them bad.
Old 27th June 2010, 12:28   #89
Senior - BHPian

Saw another ad in the papers recently of the so called NEW Civic. Seems a real joke and I find it even more hilarious, the way they have added "now with Smokey Lights"

Smokey!!!

All cars in its segment have been completely revamped and new variants and models added. Chevy Cruze made its entry, Octavia is definiteyl due, but then again the Laura got refreshed, the Altis made its entry, Elantra got revamped twice before saying goodbye, but now the new Elantra is all set to come in.

And Honda hopes Smokey lights will make it a segment leader

Honda, wake up. Dont be so complacent. Start justifying the price you guys command.
Old 27th June 2010, 12:34   #90
BHPian

Had a TD of The Civic yesterday at Apex Honda to be frank i quite did not like it, the drivers view is nice but judgement for the right corner is very difficult and plus i dont think its worth the money which Honda is asking for it, I found ANHC much better as compared to Civic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks