Team-BHP - Yawn-Civic getting a bit more features from June 1
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Yawn-Civic getting a bit more features from June 1 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/81794-yawn-civic-getting-bit-more-features-june-1-a.html)

The civic's sales history in recent months has been nothing to talk about. Its been a market flop this year, especially in front of cars like the corolla and cruze and from its own sibling-the city. With the redesign delayed by one year, Honda can do nothing but rejig the old war horse and add more features. Pity on them, as Hyundai redesigned its elantra sedan TWICE between 2006 and 2010.

What happened to the Japs recently?

Civic S model will get a cruise control and turn indicator on OSRVM and V model will get reverse parking sensors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1894209)
Civic S model will get a cruise control and turn indicator on OSRVM and V model will get reverse parking sensors.

They cannot do any "structural" changes other than adding a bit from S to V. Why not add fog lamps and leather seats as well and maybe reintroduce the E and S-AT versions?

Reverse parking sensors and sunfilm are already provided as freebies with the car.

Honda OE Reverse sensors are priced at above Rs.20k, so the freebies is mostly good old Chinese for about 4k.

Quote:

V model will get reverse parking sensors.

When i read the title I thought Honda is upto something interesting. But this is ridiculous. What is this? Are they doing any Ehsaan by adding stupid reverse parking sensors.:Frustrati

Quote:

O M G !!! I am going to faint, so many new features !! Civic for now sure is the segment beater in every sense !!

:deadhorse

Wake up Honda !! :Frustrati

Quote:

Pity on them, as Hyundai redesigned its elantra sedan TWICE between 2006 and 2010.

They desperately needed to!Just to make it more noticeable. But Honda didn't.Until recently!

would it warrant a price increase as well, due to these cosmetic modifications? also the V variant is priced fairly high already..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancham (Post 1894305)
When i read the title I thought Honda is upto something interesting. But this is ridiculous. What is this? Are they doing any Ehsaan by adding stupid reverse parking sensors.:Frustrati

Thats why I have written-yawn!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1894342)
Thats why I have written-yawn!

yup i think i missed out the YAWN part.:p

Both City & Civic have a reversing view problem, esp. if like me you look through the rear windscreen. So Reversing Sensors make perfect sense.

Yawn -- That's all my response would have said on the thread, but for the possibility TBHP mods pulling me up for a single word response of nil value.

But seriously this is like plugging the holes that already existed in the car.

They need a refresh in the looks department will all features thrown in at about 50K to 1L drop in pricing or else the civic will go to gen lower depts than the 200 nos that they are at right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 1894295)
Honda OE Reverse sensors are priced at above Rs.20k, so the freebies is mostly good old Chinese for about 4k.

Both are essentially the same nevertheless.

Well am not surprised at all, what else could we expect from Honda. Any one remebers the sports edition of the civic?

Quote:

Pity on them, as Hyundai redesigned its elantra sedan TWICE between 2006 and 2010.

You mean the Sonata, right?

Sid - agree - booooorrring...
Civic sales has hit a new bottom and these half measures doesn't help. They can bring in a S AT, bring back the E version (which could impact ANHC), or reduce their prices.

With Vento and other cars aiming for ANHC, i think Honda got a good fight to keep to their market share.

This doesn't even deserve to have a thread. It's a waste of domain space :p

The least Honda could do is give HID's like the Altis on the V model.