Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2010, 17:03   #106
BHPian

There were guinness representatives at Mumbai and Chennai. I saw the Chennai person. As per the MaurtiSwift Twitter ID the record for Chennai and Mumbai is still being evaluated. What fun.
Old 1st June 2010, 19:46   #107
BHPian

Looks like Maruti officials concentrated to make the Gurgaon event a sucess while not giving the same kind of attention to the other 2 cities. The venue at Gurgaon (Leisure Valley) is very close to Maruti Factory (around 3 kms) where most of their leadership team is located. That looks to me a reason enough why they couldn't afford to let the Gurgaon event be a sham.

I do believe that the other two events could have been a sucess too if better arrangements were based. IMO a good police presence could have solved most of the issues related to crowd behaviour. Incidentally it is the first time that I am seeing an event go off smoothly in Delhi/NCR while there were issues at similar events in other cities.
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:03   #108
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Very honestly, I don't understand the big deal in getting 350 cars together. Especially for a giant like Maruti! I've seen some Mahindra Great Escape events with 120 Jeeps lined up one after another...and that's a niche vehicle segment we are talking (4x4 Jeeps aren't mass market hatchbacks).

Would have been an achievement if they managed 5,000+ cars. But 342? You have to be kidding me. That's less than the daily number of new Swifts that Maruti rolled out of its factory in April!
Old 2nd June 2010, 20:39   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Very honestly, I don't understand the big deal in getting 350 cars together.
Absolutely agree. For the kind of numbers our country has, what point Maruti was trying to prove? And then with all this mis-management, they ended up with egg on their face. Alright they did succeed in getting the record in, but at what cost? Pi$$ing off thousands of customers and their families in the process. Of course that includes me too .
Old 2nd June 2010, 22:11   #110
Senior - BHPian

I was at the Sholavaram runway runing my RC cars and few Swift guys turned up asking for the event location. Some of them had come from Trichi and other far locations.

When they asked for racetrack, they were led to Sholavaram, an old WWII runway outside the city........ Sad organising

So was the record achieved??
Old 4th June 2010, 13:40   #111
BHPian

Guys, check this link.
Largest Parade of Mini Cars - Record Smashed! - London, Crystal Palace, United Kingdom, Guinness World Records Blog post

Do the Guinness guys have a separate record for Minis? Interesting.
Old 4th June 2010, 15:46   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Looks like Maruti officials concentrated to make the Gurgaon event a sucess while not giving the same kind of attention to the other 2 cities. The venue at Gurgaon (Leisure Valley) is very close to Maruti Factory (around 3 kms) where most of their leadership team is located. That looks to me a reason enough why they couldn't afford to let the Gurgaon event be a sham.

I do believe that the other two events could have been a sucess too if better arrangements were based. IMO a good police presence could have solved most of the issues related to crowd behaviour. Incidentally it is the first time that I am seeing an event go off smoothly in Delhi/NCR while there were issues at similar events in other cities.
We asked for the cops in Chennai but as it turns out the track is a private property and hence its not under their jurisdiction. Atleast more organiers would have helped. There were barely 3-4 when the cars started rolling
Old 22nd June 2010, 11:28   #113
BHPian

Hey guys, I need a help. I have got this Indianoil preloaded card given during the Swift Record run and so far, I haven't been able to use that card anywhere in the city . Most of the bunks don't accept them and say that the card is merely used in highways by truck drivers. Moreover, the owners of the trucks track their vehicles as and when they fill up at various stations.

However, I have heard that some fuel stations inside the city accept them. Anybody knows the pumps that accept them?

(I feel sorry for the ones who were not fortunate enough to get them..Sorry)
Old 30th June 2010, 14:04   #114
BHPian

redeem centers

@designersf from swiftbymaruti tweet

"Customers to locate the redeem centers for your fuel coupons in Mumbai and Chennai click this link http://bit.ly/ajofwz

Have you checked these centres
Old 30th June 2010, 22:18   #115

Well, although a bit late to this thread, the Silver Swift was me. Am now put up in Chennai after driving down my MH registered car a year ago on a wonderful road trip and managing my own show (read Business).
To put things into perspective the event was poorly managed and full of indisciplined drivers. To frankly state even I couldnt resist the sight of the MMST Race Track after having seen it for years when I travelled daily to college. However, held my head and heart steady by driving controlled to make sure that we didnt end up in any unfortunate incident.
Better talk less about a disasterous event. But the potential would be huge for Maruti with a wealth of information being collected from current profile of Swift Owners.
Based on average calculations JK Tyres has business potential worth close to a Crore of Rupees in Chennai alone from this event over the next few years.
Hail the Great Marketing Plan... Gone Horribly Wrong!

PS: Saw this silver swift with MH registration with TBHP sticker. Couldn't talk to the TBHPian whoever it is.[/quote]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks