Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2010, 20:47   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
JK will have to face stiff resistance from influential car makers to reach an acceptable level for servicing and procuring OEM spare parts.
There will be 3rd party companies like ACDelco, Bosch etc from who these multi-car workshops can source their parts from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post

He is projecting for around 5-10 years down the line where it seems Carnation Auto might be helping more customers than some of the own car A.S.S.
In 5-10 years, his IT Consultants would have new buzz-words, paradigm shifts, new n-tier architectures etc. They would be working on redesigning & rewriting the software from scratch at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
I don't think he is a formidable leader, GTO. Else, there will not be consistently poor reviews, and that too, initially, when a new broom is supposed to sweep well.
Agree. Also, I called up Carnation for a quote for my Swift 40000 kms service. Their quote was more than what the MASS's quoted. The only reason I would go to someone like Carnation if they were cheaper.
Old 31st May 2010, 21:33   #17
BANNED

Here in Delhi, we have a choice between Maruti Service Masters on one side, all the MASS on another and a few CarNation outlets - for MUL products - and I can feel as well as see the difference the one time I got a Swift-D serviced by CarNation. For the GM Chevrolet Optra, down the line and up the chain at CarNationcould not tell me what they thought was different with my 2004 / 1.6 . . . I guess CarNation will aim for fleet business eventually as well as Corporate Sector, but then, the manufacturer's dealers are not asleep, either, are they?

Alternate - the really expensive upper end market, that may be the business model.
Old 1st June 2010, 13:56   #18
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

In the long run Carnation with do well, JK is a good leader with neat ideas.

But they will have issues in their service capabilities over the next 2 years post which they should be growing exponentially.

Parts procurement tie-ups would take time initially.
Old 6th August 2010, 18:35   #19
BHPian

Well contrary to popular perception here, my experience with Carnation Bangalore is very good. I am giving my operl corsa to them and base on my feedback couple of my friend also tried them with Fiat Palio and Ford Ikon. Both of them are happy. I am so satisfy that make think to give my Magnum TDCI to them.
One more thing which i feel is interesting to mention here is the number of Car which i saw during my 1st visit at Carnation. It was 4-5 cars but when i visited last week they were having at least 50 cars on single day. As some one mentioned, they may target fleet owner and it seems they are doing that as i saw many car with yellow plate. JK is definitely a well known and respected face of auto industry and i am sure with his vision he will make this initiative a success and we get a good option outside of Auth partner. Thumsup to JK idea

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks