Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2010, 21:31   #16
BHPian

For differance, one thing that I can think of is that they might be stand alone units and not as a part of the dealer ship.
Old 2nd July 2010, 00:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

Does this mean that a 10 year old Merc could cost almost a new Civic's price with the added 1 year warranty? Oh!! Boy, then we could see atleast one Merc parked on every street.
Old 2nd July 2010, 18:05   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Classic example of "creating news just for the sake of it". I don't understand whats new. Merc has been doing this for ages. They do control most of the used market, especially when its Mercs that are less than 4 years old, and have always sold certified / warranty-backed cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Does this mean that a 10 year old Merc could cost almost a new Civic's price with the added 1 year warranty?
You can get a 10 year old Merc for much less than a Civic's price . And no, I doubt:

a) They'll certify 10+ year old Mercs

b) If they do, don't expect a warranty. Most of Auto Hangar's certified cars offer only an engine / tranny warranty (not bumper to bumper).
Old 2nd July 2010, 21:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You can get a 10 year old Merc for much less than a Civic's price . And no, I doubt:
Err...well, Mod, I should've added few more lines in my post to make things clear. I know this concept prevails in US, a colleague of mind bought a used MB of 2001 model about an year ago. However I'm not sure if it was a CPO. Hence, I wish for the same thing to happen here & IF it happens, the price of the used MB could be equivalent to a new Civic.
Source - Mercedes-Benz- Pre-Owned Vehicle Search

May be they don't certify for 10 year immediately, but incase they start doing it, we could spot a MB on every street.
Old 2nd July 2010, 21:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

I concur with GTO.
There's neither a pot of gold at the rainbow's end nor a 10 yr old Merc with a warranty from the dealer.
It simply doesn't make any kind of economical sense for the dealer.
If you want peace of mind, get a new(er) car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks