Team-BHP - June 2010 Sales Figures
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   June 2010 Sales Figures (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/84715-june-2010-sales-figures-2.html)

FIAT has a 15% decrease on YoY sales (2,137 in 2010 as compared to 2,474 in 2009). I reckon more than 50% of these numbers would be from Linea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by p'arth (Post 1962490)
FIAT has a 15% decrease on YoY sales (2,137 in 2010 as compared to 2,474 in 2009). I reckon more than 50% of these numbers would be from Linea.

June 2009 being the month of the Punto launch had more sales then. That explains decrease in YoY, else its just a 2k odd numbers every month since then. Its disappointing for such VFM products.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsan02 (Post 1962505)
June 2009 being the month of the Punto launch had more sales then. That explains decrease in YoY, else its just a 2k odd numbers every month since then. Its disappointing for such VFM products.

I think FIAT's image due to poor A.S.S has been damaged almost beyond repair. Whenever i tell someone i bought a Punto, people ask me "Why Punto? do you know the service issues? " . I think it will take a lot of effort from FIAT to convince people that their service has improved. Such a shame coz their cars right from the Palio to Linea and Punto are excellent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autocop (Post 1962403)
1 lakh discount. That's huge dude. Which models had this discount?

Might have been discounts on the Palio stile. There was stock clearance sale recently if i remember correctly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by download2live (Post 1962557)
Might have been discounts on the Palio stile. There was stock clearance sale recently if i remember correctly.

Exactly. So in 2400 odd numbers, there are good no of Palios involved. Anyways, it seems 1.2 variants are also not working for Punto. At least a good thing is, there are able to consistently make 2K+ numbers as of now. Punto 90HP is not going to change anything due to increase in price. Linea TJet pricing is also a key to its success as dangerously close to City pricing will eventually kill Linea TJet in no time.

People must be well aware that FIAT is serviced in TATA service centers. If TATA is able to move in big numbers, FIAT should at least do better than this riding on the same service network.

Honda figures:

New Delhi, July 1, 2010: Honda Siel Cars India Ltd, leading manufacturer of Premium Cars in India sold 4595 units in the month of June’10 as against 4067 units sold in May’10 recording a growth of 13%.

The company had sold 5048 units in the corresponding month last year.

Model wise break-up:

Jazz: 507;
City: 3544;
Civic: 339;
Accord: 157;
CRV: 48

Source:

Honda Car India : Press Releases

Quote:

Originally Posted by raghu230506 (Post 1962684)
Honda figures:

New Delhi, July 1, 2010: Honda Siel Cars India Ltd, leading manufacturer of Premium Cars in India sold 4595 units in the month of June’10 .....

Model wise break-up:

Thats a record for jazz I guess for 2010. Honda will be on seventh heaven now considering they were quite contended with jazz doing 200-300 odd as they said it is 'not for the masses'.

TATA has to wake up right now and think about the next version of indica and indigo. Indica has already started coming down from the peak and indigo seems like it cannot go beyond 7.5k.

If TATA does not come up with upgrades in a 6 month timeframe, they are going to loose a lot of marketshare to new entrants like figo, beat and new swift.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gshanky (Post 1962715)
TATA has to wake up right now and think about the next version of indica and indigo. Indica has already started coming down from the peak and indigo seems like it cannot go beyond 7.5k.

If TATA does not come up with upgrades in a 6 month timeframe, they are going to loose a lot of marketshare to new entrants like figo, beat and new swift.

Indica sales are a concern but Indigo is doing good. THis might be the first month where indigo(cs+manza) sales are more than Dzire. Tata is no 2 for the month. I see them clinging to that number atleast from August. Yes, Tata should revamp Vista i.e. new interiors. Figo continued success is a good sign for the market. Beat doing 3.5K is also good considering that they only have petrol. But they should bring a diesel soon. Have to be seen how petrol price hike will impact Beat.

KOLKATA: Mercedes-Benz India today said it has posted a sales growth of 79 per cent in terms of the number of cars sold in the first six months (January-June) of this year.

Among Mercedes' models, the E-class witnessed a 137 per cent rise in sales, while its M-class cars achieved a 60 per cent growth during the period. Mercedes sold a total of 3,250 cars during the year 2009.
(Source ET)

Quote:

Honda figures:

New Delhi, July 1, 2010: Honda Siel Cars India Ltd, leading manufacturer of Premium Cars in India sold 4595 units in the month of June’10 as against 4067 units sold in May’10 recording a growth of 13%.

Model wise break-up:

Source:

Honda Car India : Press Releases

Jazz numbers are really good. All the goodies they are doling out seems to have worked. City numbers are decent too. Overall not a bad month for Honda.

Look at the difference between growth rates for Maruti and others like Hyundai and even GM/Ford. I understand they have the scale, but others are quickly catching up. Good for all!

389 cars for Mercedes-Benz is impressive considering now BMW F10 is here, would love to know the break up for their models as ML class with a 60% increase looks like it sold a lot but then was the benchmark for June 2009 for ML? 6 cars? This month they also start selling the C250 CDI, which would add a lot of sales I suppose and also considering if they add the same engine in their Executive Ed, they might just be able to cross 5000 cars for 2010 and that would be some landmark.

I think this year Mercedes-Benz might sell higher then BMW, but the real battle should start from Jan 2011 when the E and new 5 are both well established with most of their variants including the 520d out.

And any idea on the Skoda Superb sales compared to the Accord?

Quote:

Originally Posted by atrisarkar (Post 1962709)
Thats a record for jazz I guess for 2010. Honda will be on seventh heaven now considering they were quite contended with jazz doing 200-300 odd as they said it is 'not for the masses'.

Nope. They would be worried that the large number of people buying the car (500+) might hurt its positioning as a niche car. So they will jack up prices to bring down sales to acceptable numbers

lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 1962418)
1-Lakh discount in June? I checked out a Fiat dealership a couple of weeks back and the SP said that a discount of about 20K-25K is provided by the manufacturer on the Punto and the Linea. A 1-Lakh discount is unreal for a Punto.

Hi sorry for the confusion, iam sorry for not mentioning the varient which had this discount. Fiat palio petrol and mjd versions were under this discount last month, you can verify post 323 in the below thread for more details.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...2010-a-22.html

Quote:

Honda figures:

Model wise break-up:

Still a de-growth compared to May 2009 sales. Jazz is showing some life. If only they had priced it sensibly at launch itself :deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by oss (Post 1962966)
Jazz is showing some life. If only they had priced it sensibly at launch itself :deadhorse

May be because there was upto Rs.60,000 discount on the jazz last month. Hence better sales as compared to the previous months.